Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Top 100 Airports in the World

Top 100 Airports in the World

Old Apr 27th 2013, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Top 100 Airports in the World

Dubai 'only' number 33...........

http://www.worldairportawards.com/Aw...013/top100.htm
Old Apr 27th 2013, 10:54 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top 100 Airports in the World

Originally Posted by The Dean
Should be number 103, 30 minute walk to get out the place.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Should be number 103, 30 minute walk to get out the place.
+ 1 with that one . Im not sure why DXB is revered so much to be honest especially now if you fly into the A380 Terminal and then your connecting flight is from T1 with EK , i've struggled with that connection twice now , bit of a mare .

It's got pretty poor retail outlets as well compared to Bangkok , Hong Kong , Changi and KL not to mention most of the European hubs .

Dubai is nicely built and looks great but it doesn't make the best use of the space .

Dubai is an average airport . Terminal 5 at Heathrow is a secret favorite of mine , great F&B , good shops and it's a dream to get through , if the whole of LHR was like that then it would be a godsend !

Last edited by co durham boy; Apr 27th 2013 at 11:10 am.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
+ 1 with that one . Im not sure why DXB is revered so much to be honest especially now if you fly into the A380 Terminal and then your connecting flight is from T1 with EK , i've struggled with that connection twice now , bit of a mare .

It's got pretty poor retail outlets as well compared to Bangkok , Hong Kong , Changi and KL not to mention most of the European hubs .

Dubai is nicely built and looks great but it doesn't make the best use of the space .

Dubai is an average airport . Terminal 5 at Heathrow is a secret favorite of mine , great F&B , good shops and it's a dream to get through , if the whole of LHR was like that then it would be a godsend !
T2 at Dubai is my fave. Fantastic terminal.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
T2 at Dubai is my fave. Fantastic terminal.
Aye mate , canny if you're off to Khandahar , Najaf or Kabul for a dirty weekend and want to pick up some cheap chocolate and Nido powdered milk at Duty Free !
Old Apr 27th 2013, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Aye mate , canny if you're off to Khandahar , Najaf or Kabul for a dirty weekend and want to pick up some cheap chocolate and Nido powdered milk at Duty Free !
yeh, the destinations ain't great, but it's the most efficient terminal I have ever been to in the world... just don't check in any luggage as it will almost certainly not make it.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

No mention of what the criteria was?

JFK is one of my least favourites, always a bitter end to a New York trip.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

Why is Melborne in the top 30' what an awful airport, everything shuts down at midnight, spent 7 hours there, was so cold, truly awful
Old Apr 27th 2013, 4:09 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Japan's doing well, with 4 in the top 20. Kansai's a civilised place to be. Pleased to see Helsinki up there at 15 -- bloody nice airport. Also Abu Dhabi -- if for nothing else the high probability of being in a taxi within 15 mins of touching down.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 5:48 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Frankfurt #11? They're having a ******* laugh aren't they?

London City is brilliant, so, so quick, but beaten by Dubai?

Abu Dhabi higher than Dubai too.

Hmmmm
Old Apr 28th 2013, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

boroboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I like Bahrain airport in and out in minutes and it has a bar. Heathrow terminal 5is great as well. Hong Kong is my favourite as it has great service and great shops.
I always take these polls with a pinch of salt as I have no idea on earth why Qatar Airways always gets airline of the year when they are the worst airline I have ever flown with and I have flown Alitalia.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Been through Chicago's O'Hare countless times; don't like the exit/entrance and parking lot planning.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 6:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

T5 at Heathrow is ****ing mega.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
T5 at Heathrow is ****ing mega.
So it's just me that thinks it's shit then. That centralized area with basically no food options other than Wagamumma (which I do appreciate I must say) - then the satellite B and C terminals of death by boredom.

It would be much better if airports had gaming rooms with flight simulators in - much like having car racing games at service stations. I'd like that.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Frankfurt was good. Ilike the railway station inside the terminal building. When I made a trivial comp;aintnt about signage, Management met me on my next trip and gave me a guided tour.

I cannot imagine that at Heathrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.