British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   too old for clubbing? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/too-old-clubbing-678004/)

kittycat1 Jul 23rd 2010 11:55 pm

too old for clubbing?

I've just got in from a rather random night where I ended up in some club- no idea where, ok I am a bit drunk and have had a fab night but felt a bit old whilst trying to work out how to dance to the garage music. I am sure this will take me about a week to recover from and I have my trainer at 8 am in the morning so am pretty sure I will regret this but pah sod it!

However I did feel old, and my dress wasn't showing my arse cheeks and I wasn't wearing whore heels, and the majority of people in the club did seem to be young whipper snappers, what is the age that you should stop going to clubs and behaving badly without looking old and desperate??? am I past it?

And when did clubs stop playing slow songs at the end of the night ( joking I know that was mid 90's)sob sob?

xxx

benzonar Jul 24th 2010 5:46 am

Re: too old for clubbing?

I had a similar experience the other night, for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to play volleyball at Barasti for a couple of hours whilst somewhat imbibed.

Still struggling to walk and have pain everywhere.

auzdafluff Jul 24th 2010 6:10 am

You never become too old. You just move from the energetic world of nightclubs to bars and stay sat down througout the night. :p

seven seas Jul 24th 2010 6:39 am

Who the hell invented getting old? It's awful !!

In AD there's definitely a time when you are too old.

lionheart Jul 24th 2010 6:49 am

To answer your first question, from my perspective...it's about 33...as for your second, it depends how old you are.:)

Grace O Malley Jul 24th 2010 7:17 am

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 8724577)
Who the hell invented getting old? It's awful !!

In AD there's definitely a time when you are too old.

ha ha thats for sure, there are very few places in AD that i would feel comfortable these days. Nearly everywhere is full of kids, some worse than others. I got dragged to heroes a few months ago with my niece who was over. Got called a MILF by the very cheeky lead band member, which to be honest didn't know what it meant.

auzdafluff Jul 24th 2010 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 8724630)
ha ha thats for sure, there are very few places in AD that i would feel comfortable these days. Nearly everywhere is full of kids, some worse than others. I got dragged to heroes a few months ago with my niece who was over. Got called a MILF by the very cheeky lead band member, which to be honest didn't know what it meant.

Mum I'd Like to F***.

Don't worry, it's a compliment usually reserved for somone out of their 20s (all be it a slightly riské one). It means you've still got it ;)

Millhouse Jul 24th 2010 8:11 am

You are never too old to club seals.

I used to DJ a fair bit, I loved clubbing and everything associated with it. I hit 27 (I burnt out young), sat down started drinking and chatting crap to older girls. much more fun. :thumbsup:

Millhouse Jul 24th 2010 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 8724630)

I always had you down as a MILF!

Patsy Stoned Jul 24th 2010 8:17 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8724730)
started drinking and chatting crap to older girls. much more fun. :thumbsup:

"It's good to talk" :D

Millhouse Jul 24th 2010 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8724742)
"It's good to talk" :D

agreed. much better than trying to shout in each others' ears and spilling drinks down them.

auzdafluff Jul 24th 2010 8:35 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8724747)
agreed. much better than trying to shout in each others' ears and spilling drinks down them.

This pretty much describes one too many nights I've had. Especially when running gigs back in the UK and trying bark orders at people.:p

Grace O Malley Jul 24th 2010 8:37 am

Originally Posted by auzdafluff (Post 8724723)
Mum I'd Like to F***.

Don't worry, it's a compliment usually reserved for somone out of their 20s (all be it a slightly riské one). It means you've still got it ;)

ha ha yes my son laughed a lot when I told him and then said did you whack him.

Grace O Malley Jul 24th 2010 8:40 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8724733)
I always had you down as a MILF!

hey, care to explain sweetie

Millhouse Jul 24th 2010 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 8724775)
hey, care to explain sweetie

actually, I can't... it was a joke!