Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Tonight 8pm McGettigans DWTC

Tonight 8pm McGettigans DWTC

Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all
Default Re: Tonight 8pm McGettigans DWTC

Originally Posted by shiva
Whats your position on Billy Boys?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RUyr02tIwEQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r27l1kWWbwY

for those who don't know what the hell it is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Boys
again, I don't want to hijack a thread.

but....... my position on the billy boys has nothing to do with a republican band playing in Dubai in a pub which I quite liked???

secondly, I've grown up. yes, I have sung the billy boys numerous times (as have 99% of rangers fans) but times have moved on (although I have still sang it) . I still don't know what that has to do with a band singing about killing british soldiers in Dubai though????

Last edited by StublueKPL; Jul 24th 2013 at 6:55 am.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I think we got the best deal in the end,all of the south and left the northerners with Britain.

Keep telling yourself that pal.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:00 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
I still don't know what that has to do with a band singing about killing british soldiers in Dubai though????
this line for start

"We're up to our knees in fenian blood
Surrender or you'll die"

taking a stance is good, abhorring sectarian shite is good, being selective about boycotting when it suits you, not so much.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

this line for start

"We're up to our knees in fenian blood
Surrender or you'll die"

taking a stance is good, abhorring sectarian shite is good, being selective about boycotting when it suits you, not so much.
and what band played that in Dubai? get with the thread.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:02 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

again, I don't want to hijack a thread.

but....... my position on the billy boys has nothing to do with a republican band playing in Dubai in a pub which I quite liked???

secondly, I've grown up. yes, I have sung the billy boys numerous times (as have 99% of rangers fans) but times have moved on (although I have still sang it) . I still don't know what that has to do with a band singing about killing british soldiers in Dubai though????
Actually I agree, kind of. It's not as if there is a stereotypical loyalist bar in Dubai that flies in some proddy band to play the billy boys and there lies a soldier etc etc. Sure biggles used to though lol..
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:03 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

and what band played that in Dubai? get with the thread.
as i said
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by commander
Actually I agree, kind of. It's not as if there is a stereotypical loyalist bar in Dubai that flies in some proddy band to play the billy boys and there lies a soldier etc etc. Sure biggles used to though lol..
im not a liar. sang many songs in biggles years ago. never seen any band performing said songs! (or in centre circle where the rangers fans meet now)
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

as i said
so I slate a bar for inviting bands that glorify murdering british soldiers and you quote songs rangers fans sing?

what band has ever been invited to Dubai to sing those songs?
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:07 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Come on guys, surely with the peace & reconciliation process firmly in place and the 'troubles' behind us we can start forgetting all of this childish sectarian nonsense.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikewot
Come on guys, surely with the peace & reconciliation process firmly in place and the 'troubles' behind us we can start forgetting all of this childish sectarian nonsense.
tell that to McGettigans then!! Exactly my point!
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:10 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

Keep telling yourself that pal.
Yeah maybe but if there was a referendum in the morning to rejoin together I would vote against it.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:23 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

tell that to McGettigans then!! Exactly my point!
Correct.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:28 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Correct.
I will write them a strongly worded email what kind of Irish bar do they think they are playing rebel songs.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Yeah maybe but if there was a referendum in the morning to rejoin together I would vote against it.
I'm sure you would and I'm sure others wouldn't.

I see the Irish like I see the Welsh / Scottish. Perfect for some bants, but tougher to dislike than the Welsh.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:39 am
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm sure you would and I'm sure others wouldn't.

I see the Irish like I see the Welsh / Scottish. Perfect for some bants, but tougher to dislike than the Welsh.
Most of my generation and anyone younger would vote against, its only the older generation who have some misty eyed notion of a united Ireland.

Can you imagine having to deal with all the shit that goes on up there, we would probably get reverse terrorism in Dublin from loyalists looking to split again.

I don't mind the scots and the welsh too much, and even the english are ok from time to time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.