Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Tonight 8pm McGettigans DWTC

Tonight 8pm McGettigans DWTC

Old Jul 24th 2013, 5:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tonight 8pm McGettigans DWTC

Originally Posted by Scamp
If you're going I'm going.
You're not going...
Old Jul 24th 2013, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
You are probably taking the Wolfe Tones a bit seriously though, most of those old rebel songs are from the 60s or 70s and nobody takes them as some kind of call to arms. They are a bunch of old men from Dublin not exactly staunch terrorist stock
oh, that's alright then. no problem. as long as nobody takes them seriously. I assume the same can be said for right wing skinheads like screwdriver if they played in the pub. don't take them seriously about their racist songs as it just songs people sing.

take a look at yourself ffs.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Meow
Dr Livingstone's what? You missed a word. Or misused that apostrophe...
I apologise for the apostrophe!! just remember to be careful on that metro, you might end up meeting a fellow English language enthusiast from Mumbai
Old Jul 24th 2013, 5:55 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
oh, that's alright then. no problem. as long as nobody takes them seriously. I assume the same can be said for right wing skinheads like screwdriver if they played in the pub. don't take them seriously about their racist songs as it just songs people sing.

take a look at yourself ffs.
Well I am not sure the comparison holds between racism and nationalism. But anyhow most of the Wolfe tones stuff I can recall is all about the period around 1916 in Ireland I am not so sure how its considered relevant to any current situation.
Seems mostly they are just songs these days sung by Celtic supporters to wind people up.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 5:56 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

no place for it in Dubai mate. end of.

I have family who are members of the forces and I certainly don't want to frequent pubs who encourage people to sing about blowing them up.
No place for it anywhere to be honest. Ive been in bars in the Gallowgate and PRW and some of the pish these knuckleheads sing is comical...on both sides.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by commander
No place for it anywhere to be honest. Ive been in bars in the Gallowgate and PRW and some of the pish these knuckleheads sing is comical...on both sides.
It's a pissing contest for retards sometimes.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:04 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

It's a pissing contest for retards sometimes.
yup...agree. Cringeworthy and one of the main reasons I cant be arsed with football anymore.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
You're not going...
I am going for a curry tonight and DH is in Italy and the big bairn is out so no babysitter
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:06 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't defending the bar for the record, it just seemed a curious thing to get overly offended by.
And I certainly am no fan of the Wolfe Tones.

Anyhow thread derail over
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Well I am not sure the comparison holds between racism and nationalism. But anyhow most of the Wolfe tones stuff I can recall is all about the period around 1916 in Ireland I am not so sure how its considered relevant to any current situation.
Seems mostly they are just songs these days sung by Celtic supporters to wind people up.
this is not about rangers and celtic. The Wolfe Tones shouldn't have been invited in the first place. but if that's what that pub wants, then fine. as mentioned, it wont get another shekel from me (or others)

And the Wolfe Tones have a few songs more relevant to the troubles. and i'm sure you already know that.

Originally Posted by commander
I agree. Over the years, I'm no angel in that respect but at least I know right from wrong and have grown up (well mostly!)

at the end of the day. McGettigans was wrong in allowing a band like the Wolfe Tones to play in Dubai. (And I would say the same for loyalist folk bands as well for that matter).

end of subject and apologies for debating on a thread about a meet up!!
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:25 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

no place for it in Dubai mate. end of.

I have family who are members of the forces and I certainly don't want to frequent pubs who encourage people to sing about blowing them up.

Whats your position on Billy Boys?

for those who don't know what the hell it is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Boys
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shiva
Whats your position on Billy Boys?

for those who don't know what the hell it is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Boys
All of it is just ****ing pathetic.

No one side can claim to be better than the other...although obviously the Irish started it...
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:38 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

No one side can claim to be better than the other...although obviously the Irish started it...
i agree however from a purely historical point of view the English started it
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shiva
i agree however from a purely historical point of view the English started it
No we didn't....they did.

(Hang on a minute, I think I know what started it)
Old Jul 24th 2013, 6:40 am
Knee deep and rising

I think we got the best deal in the end,all of the south and left the northerners with Britain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.