Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Today's joke. Or not...

Today's joke. Or not...

Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:58 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Today's joke. Or not...

Three long-term Dubai friends go for a walk on the beach after a serious night’s drinking, whereupon they stumble across a magic lantern. The first guy picks it up, rubs it, and out pops a genie.

“I’m meant to grant three wishes to whoever frees me from the lantern, but seeing as there’s three of you and you all look like you need something good to happen, I’ll grant you one wish each.”

So the first guy says: “I’ve been here for eight bloody years which probably means I can’t get a decent job back home. But as this is my chance, please grant my wish to find a good, proper job back home.” “Your wish is my command.” Flash of light, puff of smoke and he’s gone.

The second guy says: “Me too. 11 years of this god-forsaken place—which some people in the Sand Pit reckon is full of pretentions w**kers—and I’ve had enough. But I can’t get a decent job back home either, so I’ll wish for the same thing.” “Your wish is my command.” Flash of light, puff of smoke and he’s gone too.

The third guy says: “I’m lonely. I wish my friends were back here.”

Discuss.