British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Today on EPW (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/today-epw-781206/)

BritGeek Dec 20th 2012 10:14 am

Today on EPW

2 words - f***ing unelievable :eek:

I don't know why I even read it when it winds me up so much but its like watching Jeremy Kyle, Honey Boo Boo or other such car crash TV drivel; you are compelled to endure it to torture yourself

This lunctimes gems are wondering how on earth to choose a designer handbag for ONLY dhs 3000 and someone worrying themselves sick as their dishwasher is broken and they have dinner guests in a few days.

Theres a good chance these are people who had much lower paid jobs in the UK without dishwashers, maids or designer bags

Meow Dec 20th 2012 10:17 am

Re: Today on EPW

You think the people posting on there have jobs? Far too much time on their hands. :zzz:

Edit> And if you think EW is annoying, avoid a blog called secret vent. A load of whingers posting about how awful their life is as their manicure smudged just after they left the salon and Spinney's has run out of Columbian beetroot and the like.

Patsy Stoned Dec 20th 2012 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10443423)
You think the people posting on there have jobs? Far too much time on their hands. :zzz:

Edit> And if you think EW is annoying, avoid a blog called secret vent. A load of whingers posting about how awful their life is as their manucure smudged just after they left the salon and Spinney's has run out of Columbian beetroot and the life.

OH!! quick give me the link darling ..I am waiting for my nails to dry so caan look whilst sipping my bubbly lol

mentalist Dec 20th 2012 10:52 am

No idea what EPW stands for, so didn't bother reading more.

Meow Dec 20th 2012 10:55 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10443461)
No idea what EPW stands for, so didn't bother reading more.

Yet you bothered to post...

Bahtatboy Dec 20th 2012 11:07 am

Where can I buy Columbian beetroot? Is it redder than normal beetroot? Does it stain your fingers as much? Will my wee be pleasantly pink? I feel you know these things, Meow.

Meow Dec 20th 2012 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10443481)
Where can I buy Columbian beetroot? Is it redder than normal beetroot? Does it stain your fingers as much? Will my wee be pleasantly pink? I feel you know these things, Meow.

Tsk. Can't you read? The shops have run out. Disaster!!

BritGeek Dec 20th 2012 11:24 am

And if you think EW is annoying, avoid a blog called secret vent. A load of whingers posting about how awful their life is as their manicure smudged just after they left the salon and Spinney's has run out of Columbian beetroot and the like.

I'm addicted already. Now you've told me about this there is no way that report is going to get done this afternoon

mentalist Dec 20th 2012 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10443465)
Yet you bothered to post...

Yes because it really annoys me when people assume we know what such letters stand for. The issue has been raised by others on here so why don't people learn.:banghead:

Meow Dec 20th 2012 11:43 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10443507)
Yes because it really annoys me when people assume we know what such letters stand for. The issue has been raised by others on here so why don't people learn.:banghead:

Then why didn't you ask?

EPW = EW :)

LaLaLayla Dec 20th 2012 11:44 am

I hate EPW. I posted recently about a child I saw sniffing lighter fuel, except I didn't say what he was doing, I just said "Is this your child? I am concerned about him" and gave a description of the boy, hoping that his parents would recognise him and call me, whereupon I would tell them what I had seen.

However, the whole gang of EP bitches turned on me, as they wanted to know what the boy was doing. Eventually I gave in to their morbid curiosity (masked as concern) and told them, which pissed them off even more. "So he was only sniffing lighter fuel!", "How boring!", "You wasted our time for that!"

Not nice :(

Bahtatboy Dec 20th 2012 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10443507)

You have about as much imagination as a caravan site.

Blue Cat Dec 20th 2012 1:08 pm

One halloween set up a fake chat room called expatwitches it was chaos!! only rang it for a week then closed it down but had some good fun, totally un moderated it was.

commander Dec 20th 2012 1:24 pm

Edit> And if you think EW is annoying, avoid a blog called secret vent. A load of whingers posting about how awful their life is as their manicure smudged just after they left the salon and Spinney's has run out of Columbian beetroot and the like.

I've just been reading that secret vent blog, I don't think its that bad to be honest (what I've read)..some of it is quite humerous.

Blue Cat Dec 20th 2012 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10443669)
I've just been reading that secret vent blog, I don't think its that bad to be honest (what I've read)..some of it is quite humerous.

she followed me on twitter the other week, seems harmless enough :)