Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Today is the 42nd Anniversary...........

Today is the 42nd Anniversary...........

Old Jul 30th 2008, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Today is the 42nd Anniversary...........

........ of the only thing the England football team are ever likely to win.

How many of you lot were around at the time? And how many of you can actually remember it?

My abiding memory - my dad had selflessly given up his Final ticket in exchange for two semi-final tickets - so he took me to see a brilliant night against Portugal, and we both watched the Final on the telly.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 5:21 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today is the 42nd Anniversary...........

And we were just celebrating the 41st anniversary of this a few months ago......

http://www.garypanton.co.uk/flagship1.htm
Old Jul 30th 2008, 5:39 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
........ of the only thing the England football team are ever likely to win.

How many of you lot were around at the time? And how many of you can actually remember it?

My abiding memory - my dad had selflessly given up his Final ticket in exchange for two semi-final tickets - so he took me to see a brilliant night against Portugal, and we both watched the Final on the telly.
what a great dad....I wasn't around back then, I'm way too young.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
And we were just celebrating the 41st anniversary of this a few months ago......

http://www.garypanton.co.uk/flagship1.htm
Yea yea OK ........... but please - happy to talk about the (deserved) victory for your lot that day, but can we have no more mentions of Baxter's ball juggling please? That man was an overrated underachiever......... that was his ONLY contribution to Scottish football history - and he wouldn't have had the guts to do it at 0-0.........
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Spugsy
what a great dad....I wasn't around back then, I'm way too young.
He was indeed a great dad......... it will be 30 years next month since I lost him, and I still miss him to this day........

He was the one who insisted I watch his old Super-8 cine film of Duncan Edwards who died in the Munich air crash - and who would only have been 29 in 1966 - and only 33 in 1970..........