Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Timmy - Wife kicked out of MQs

Timmy - Wife kicked out of MQs

Old Oct 23rd 2012, 8:14 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timmy - Wife kicked out of MQs

I remember reading a couple of times that the RN did send some sailors to look for him the following day. I can totally see Scamps point of view here as Mike is basically saying the official line, which is leave it too the local authorities.

I am sure that whilst knowing the official line had it of been any of Mike's Mates missing when he was in, they would of had a good look around for him whilst 'Following the correct protocal'
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 8:26 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
This response on that forum makes sense...

The "notice of eviction" is an emotive term for an essential instrument to justify immediate entitlement to civilian social housing and benefits in the location chosen by the bereaved family. They can now stay in MQs for two years or more if that is their choice, but when they wish to move they require the eviction notice.

By giving them notice to quit it then enables them to apply of housing..the council will not give anybody housing if they have vacated a property without an eviction order.
For all we know she may have asked them to evict her so that she can then move home to be near her family.
And back on topic

That makes sense. I sincerely doubt she would have been 'kicked out' of quarters, especially with three small children. That just doesn't happen and there would be an outcry from other military families if it did.

Using terms like 'kicked out' is inappropriate and very tabloid-esque.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 8:27 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I remember reading a couple of times that the RN did send some sailors to look for him the following day. I can totally see Scamps point of view here as Mike is basically saying the official line, which is leave it too the local authorities.

I am sure that whilst knowing the official line had it of been any of Mike's Mates missing when he was in, they would of had a good look around for him whilst 'Following the correct protocal'

And of course none of us actually really know what the RN or the FCO actually did as they aren't terribly forthcoming. Ditto the local authorities.

We'll probably never know what happened to him, or what was done.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 8:46 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
And of course none of us actually really know what the RN or the FCO actually did as they aren't terribly forthcoming. Ditto the local authorities.

We'll probably never know what happened to him, or what was done.
It was written in the Dubai press, it must of been true

I agree I think this will go down in history as one of those unexplained disappearance's
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I find this comment very strange

British prime minister David Cameron has refused to comment on the MacColl case even though the leading seaman disappeared while serving with the navy. The deployment of the UK's armed forces is determined by the prime minister.

A spokesman at Mr Cameron's office said: "The PM will not be providing a comment."

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...n-his-birthday
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Slippery shoulders, no?

RN have no duty of care? No responsibility to look after their employees (i appreciate that's easier said than done)? No responsibility to do what they can to give the appropriate (FCO) authorities the best chance of solving an issue?

Scamp, if you were to go missing would you expect your employers to shut down the office for a day/week/month so your colleagues could go looking for you, even though there's a fair chance that your in bed, pissed up with a cheap hooker?

To put this in some perspective, and I realise these figures are army rather than navy, but between 2003 and 2010 17,000 soldiers went AWOL, that's 2,400 a year or almost 7 a day. And of those at the end of 2009 375 were still at large.(source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...3-1905145.html)
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 10:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Scamp, if you were to go missing would you expect your employers to shut down the office for a day/week/month so your colleagues could go looking for you, even though there's a fair chance that your in bed, pissed up with a cheap hooker?

To put this in some perspective, and I realise these figures are army rather than navy, but between 2003 and 2010 17,000 soldiers went AWOL, that's 2,400 a year or almost 7 a day. And of those at the end of 2009 375 were still at large.(source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...3-1905145.html)
Of course I would.

Since being here a guy went missing. Two people (so not the whole office) spent time ringing police stations to find him. Eventually they did, unfortunately.

I would certainly look for some sort of response.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 11:07 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I would.

Since being here a guy went missing. Two people (so not the whole office) spent time ringing police stations to find him. Eventually they did, unfortunately.

If you go missing I promise to set up a facebook page! I also promise to organise a pub-crawl to attempt to find you. Of course we will have to repeat the pub-crawl several times starting in different locations as it is unlikely any of the 'searchers' will be able to see clearly after 10 establishment having been searched thoroughly...
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 11:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by norsk
If you go missing I promise to set up a facebook page! I also promise to organise a pub-crawl to attempt to find you. Of course we will have to repeat the pub-crawl several times starting in different locations as it is unlikely any of the 'searchers' will be able to see clearly after 10 establishment having been searched thoroughly...
If I got a facebook page I'd be amazed.

Apparently I'm a ****ing idiot.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 11:21 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

You already have one!

****ing idiot
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 11:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
You already have one!

****ing idiot
Nice, was that one made for you that is just being palmed off?
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 1:15 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

I'd even pull out all the stops and make you a Google+ page mate. No worries.....

If you're feeling particularly hard done by you could always report Mikewot to the mods for bullying. Oh shit that's right. He is a mod...
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by norsk
I'd even pull out all the stops and make you a Google+ page mate. No worries.....

If you're feeling particularly hard done by you could always report Mikewot to the mods for bullying. Oh shit that's right. He is a mod...
Bullying? Nah, he was just telling me that I was wrong, or that he thought I was wrong, or something like that.

Military folk just don't like pipsqueaks talking back at them.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 1:30 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I would.

A colleague and I have just decided to perform a pre-emptive Scamp's AWOL Search reconnaisance this weekend, just to be prepared for the inevitable when Scamp's missus is away for a few days without him. We're starting at the Old Vic, will pay a brief visit to the Paranormal just so we're sure where it is, round the corner to the Ascot Hotel, then down to the Astoria, then the York on the way back. Purely so that we can easily retrace our steps in the heat of the moment. We'll leave no nook unexplored, no cranny unprobed. We have an emergency grab-bag prepared, too.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
A colleague and I have just decided to perform a pre-emptive Scamp's AWOL Search reconnaisance this weekend, just to be prepared for the inevitable when Scamp's missus is away for a few days without him. We're starting at the Old Vic, will pay a brief visit to the Paranormal just so we're sure where it is, round the corner to the Ascot Hotel, then down to the Astoria, then the York on the way back. Purely so that we can easily retrace our steps in the heat of the moment. We'll leave no nook unexplored, no cranny unprobed. We have an emergency grab-bag prepared, too.
Can I come?

To maybe show you potential avenues I might go down leading to going missing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.