Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Timmy - Wife kicked out of MQs

Timmy - Wife kicked out of MQs

Old Oct 22nd 2012, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Timmy - Wife kicked out of MQs

As many of you will recall a married man serving on HMS Westminster disappeared after a night out in Dubai in May of this year. The ship returned to the UK, without the lad in August:

BBC News - Timmy MacColl: HMS Westminster returns to Portsmouth

his wife and three kids have been kicked out of married quarters.

If this is true it is horrific and despicable action by the Mod/Navy and I cannot believe that the press have not picked up on it.

It has not even been 6 months since he disappeared and only several weeks since the ship returned.

I have editied this down since a lot of military banter as well.

More on this and other people views can be found on this site.

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircr...d-out-mqs.html
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timmy - Wife kicked out of MQs

Originally Posted by coffindodger
As many of you will recall a married man serving on HMS Westminster disappeared after a night out in Dubai in May of this year.
First I've heard of it to be honest...
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 1:59 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. Can't say I remember much about it. There certainly weren't any threads that went over 100 pages...
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like they know about Timmy then, no?
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 4:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by coffindodger
his wife and three kids have been kicked out of married quarters.

If this is true it is horrific and despicable action by the Mod/Navy and I cannot believe that the press have not picked up on it.

It has not even been 6 months since he disappeared and only several weeks since the ship returned.
The RN haven't given a shit about this lad since he disappeared. This doesn't surprise me one bit.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 4:54 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
The RN haven't given a shit about this lad since he disappeared. This doesn't surprise me one bit.
OK this has irritated me enough to respond to. The RN have no jurisdiction in Dubai and no remit to conduct searches per se. Foreign Office, Dubai Government, Police etc.
As to the original post what actually happened is totally unclear, potentially a Notice to Vacate. However I am more minded to think that she has been told that she'll have to pay the full rental cost from a certain date. SFA rates are abated to service personnel for various reasons (not the least of which are the recommendations of the Armed Forces Pay Review Body) but as there is a lot of surplus accomodation on the MOD books they do rent to 'associated' people who pay full market rate.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikewot
OK this has irritated me enough to respond to. The RN have no jurisdiction in Dubai and no remit to conduct searches per se. Foreign Office, Dubai Government, Police etc.
As to the original post what actually happened is totally unclear, potentially a Notice to Vacate. However I am more minded to think that she has been told that she'll have to pay the full rental cost from a certain date. SFA rates are abated to service personnel for various reasons (not the least of which are the recommendations of the Armed Forces Pay Review Body) but as there is a lot of surplus accomodation on the MOD books they do rent to 'associated' people who pay full market rate.
Come off it. The RN could have done a hell of a lot more than they did. Nobody has jurisdiction when waging war. If the ships CO had been shot in a crowded bar I think they'd have been on the ground kicking off.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:21 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Come off it. The RN could have done a hell of a lot more than they did. Nobody has jurisdiction when waging war. If the ships CO had been shot in a crowded bar I think they'd have been on the ground kicking off.
doubtful tbh, british military protocol is to defer to the legal authorities and hope the FCO and embassy push the case........they were shit out of luck here then as you'd expect.
dont get me wrong i think a lot more could have been done but not by the ships crew only by the FCO
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shiva
doubtful tbh, british military protocol is to defer to the legal authorities and hope the FCO and embassy push the case........they were shit out of luck here then as you'd expect.
dont get me wrong i think a lot more could have been done but not by the ships crew only by the FCO
If it had been a war situation would they have just ****ed off and left him?
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:31 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:32 am
Account Closed

And now you're exposing your ignorance. The days of gunboat diplomacy are long gone. Oh and in case it has escaped your notice the UK is not at war with Dubai or the UAE.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:35 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

if it had been a war situation i doubt they'd have been on shore leave! and yes they would have ****ed off immediately. 1 man does not determine the ships operating schedule.
naval warships at sea are able to defend themselves tied up on shore they are vulnerable
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:36 am
Account Closed

And now you're exposing your ignorance. The days of gunboat diplomacy are long gone. Oh and in case it has escaped your notice the UK is not at war with Dubai or the UAE.
My level ignorance is not for you to decide, fortunately.

Do you agree with the fact that, realistically, the square root of **** all was done to help find this chap?
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:39 am
Account Closed

Yes.
Originally Posted by shiva
yes they would have ****ed off immediately
Fair enough.

I was meaning, if there was a patrol or something of similar size out and one guy disappeared, would they all just leg it and leave him.

It's kind of irrelevant though.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

My level ignorance is not for you to decide, fortunately.
How about a poll then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.