Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Timmy McColl - One Year On

Timmy McColl - One Year On

Old Jun 7th 2013, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

fluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Timmy McColl - One Year On

Originally Posted by scot47
Are these people seriously suggesting that there is some massive conspiracy here ? A matelot got pissed in a foreign port and failed to report back to his ship.
I believe there is more than meets the eye here!
Old Jun 8th 2013, 5:28 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fluffymoo
I believe there is more than meets the eye here!
And I would have to agree with you. The fact that they say they can't trace his whereabouts or tracks via his mobile phone signal is laughable, I spoke with Vodafone in something like 2000 about the rubbish signal on the M1 once and they could pinpoint exactly where I was - the reason for the shitty signal? I was in a traffic jam and everyone was using there phones.

It's not as if it's new technology and, as someone who has worked for a major mobile phone company in the UK (not lemon ;-) ) for them to say it's not available is basic lies.

But they're been told to say that aren't they.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 2:24 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Anyone see The National today?

Basically a letter was sent from them to release any info that the UK Government had on the case.

They state that they have none at all.

Quick copy/paste

Britain's Ministry of Defence says it has no information supplied by Dubai Police regarding the investigation into the disappearance of seaman Timmy MacColl.
(and later)
The case has been shrouded in secrecy on all sides since the seaman disappeared in the early hours of May 27, 2012 after leaving the Rock Bottom Cafe at the Regent Palace Hotel, Bur Dubai. Periodic reports that unnamed new witnesses had emerged have led nowhere.
The British navy has consistently refused to provide details - when asked about the case it repeats the line that Dubai Police has primacy in the investigation.
The British Prime Minister, David Cameron, has declined to comment publicly, even though he is responsible for the deployment and disposition of the armed forces and Mr MacColl was serving in the navy. Dubai Police have released no details to the public.
The member of the family who is handling publicity has failed to share information with sections of the media.
As a result last month's anniversary of Mr MacColl's disappearance, which could have been an opportunity to reignite interest in the case and encourage witnesses to come forward, passed largely unnoticed.
Surrounded by secrecy - cos it brings bad light onto Dubai maybe?
Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Time to let it go Kix and move on.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I am going to agree with you on this one. It will never be solved.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 10:40 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Attained closure is not a tangible thing measured in units of time or joules of energy; for the lucky few, it comes soon and for the rest, there's no rest!

/profundity
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

fluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I agree x
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I am going to agree with you on this one. It will never be solved.
I agree and thank you for all your help x
Old Jun 21st 2013, 8:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I agree and thank you for all your help x
How is Rachel and the kids doing?
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
How is Rachel and the kids doing?
Up and down BC which is understandably x
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 5:38 am
Concierge

Up and down BC which is understandably x
of course, I suppose she has her hands full with three, but it won't stop her thinking about the situation. Very sad but time for her to move on and live the rest of her life.