British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Timmy McColl (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/timmy-mccoll-776659/)

tattoobarbie Nov 5th 2012 2:47 am

Timmy McColl

Rachel still doesn't know where her husband is and Erisky has yet to meet her daddy. You can be completely anonymous as well so no being told off, you dont have to comment on this post, just please sign. It takes 2 minutes. Please help. He went missing in Dubai. I know Matloes can be a pain in the bum out there and I apologize for this. I also ask, even if you don't want to sign, and that is your choice, to just have a look at his photo, please have a good look, and if you spot him to please ring the Dubai Police or if you feel more comfortable to ring the UK Royal Naval Police or send an e-mail via the "Bring Timmy Home" Facebook site or even a tweet to @BringTimmyHome.

If you sign, myself and all of Tim's family, friends and Shipmates thank you, if you don't sign and just have a good look at his face then thank you.

You don't have to live in Blighty to sign this, you must be over the age of 13 and you can sign from multiple e-mail addresses.

Thank you

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...-timmy-maccoll

The Dean Nov 5th 2012 6:45 am

Re: Timmy McColl

TattooBarbie - please note:

As you probably know, there was a long-running thread on here about Timmy's disappearance a while back (now closed). This petition was mentioned in that discussion, and a number of people questioned the point or purpose of a Commons debate on the matter. No satisfactory answer or explanation was received.

Think it through: a Commons debate concludes that the Dubai police (or whoever) could and should have done more to find Timmy, especially in the days immediately after he disappeared. That may be true - but then what? Dubai authorities get pissed off by what they perceive to be an insult from the British government.... or similar. They decide to close the case, or at least fail to continue enquiries, etc (that may already be their official position anyway).

We all hope he is still alive, and that he will be found, and that he can one day return safely to his family. But this petition, though well-intentioned, could do a lot more harm out here than good.

Sorry, but I won't be signing it.

Millhouse Nov 5th 2012 8:35 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10366453)

As you probably know, there was a long-running thread on here about Timmy's disappearance a while back (now closed). This petition was mentioned in that discussion, and a number of people questioned the point or purpose of a Commons debate on the matter. No satisfactory answer or explanation was received.

Think it through: a Commons debate concludes that the Dubai police (or whoever) could and should have done more to find Timmy, especially in the days immediately after he disappeared. That may be true - but then what? Dubai authorities get pissed off by what they perceive to be an insult from the British government.... or similar. They decide to close the case, or at least fail to continue enquiries, etc (that may already be their official position anyway).

We all hope he is still alive, and that he will be found, and that he can one day return safely to his family. But this petition, though well-intentioned, could do a lot more harm out here than good.

Sorry, but I won't be signing it.

only 92,300 votes to go Deano. At the current voting rate it will be debated in 2017.

Meow Nov 5th 2012 8:36 am

Surely suggesting that people sign it from multiple addresses devalues it? You might as well just ask them to also sign it using fake names.

If you spot him, send a tweet. I have no words for this.

Cypselos Nov 5th 2012 8:59 am

You never know, perhaps Dave mentioned it while he was flogging the boss men Eurofighters yesterday.

Or perhaps not.

Blue Cat Nov 5th 2012 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10366550)
Surely suggesting that people sign it from multiple addresses devalues it? You might as well just ask them to also sign it using fake names.

If you spot him, send a tweet. I have no words for this.

I think it is safe to say that the majority of us on this forum have come to the agreement that sadly Timmy is no longer with us. What the family need to to is hassle the authorities here for answers not sit behind laptops trying to create awareness, too much of that was done in the early days.

Patsy Stoned Nov 5th 2012 1:16 pm

I think it may as well ask the Commons to debate the fact that the family didn't do enough in the beginning to move the investigation forward!

I wonder how the UK would react if the Federal Council here criticised The UK government over their dealings with some matter.

weasel decentral Nov 5th 2012 1:27 pm

a petition you say?

http://i.imgur.com/Yv39B.gif

auzdafluff Nov 5th 2012 1:28 pm

Exactly. This is utterly pointless. It will achieve nothing at best; damage relations at worse.

Timmy is dead. I stand ready to be proved wrong, but the chances of him turning up now is so slim, there's more chance of my next fart carrying me to the moon.

If you want any action, seek the firing of the British ambassador to the UAE. Other than that, forget it.

Patsy Stoned Nov 5th 2012 3:13 pm

and this is another reason why nothing will be debated in Parliament any time soon!! ;)

"David Cameron arrived in the Gulf today, hoping to seal multi-billion pound deals to sell fighter jets to Arab states.
The Prime Minister arrived in Dubai this morning, at the start of a three-day tour of the Gulf and the Middle East. He insisted there was ‘no no-go areas’ in raising human rights concerns with leaders in the region, as he pushed for British industry to secure lucrative contracts."

"The Premier hopes to help cement deals worth more than £6billion for the sale of 100 aircraft to the region in the coming year, deals that together would be directly worth over £6 billion to British firms.
Mr Cameron hopes to persuade the United Arab Emirates military to buy 60 of BAE’s Typhoon fighter jets, as they seek to replace their current fleet of French Mirage jets."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-aircraft.html

Bob Nov 5th 2012 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10366453)

Closed for this very reason.