Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Time Out Dubai Restaurant Awards 2010

Time Out Dubai Restaurant Awards 2010

Old Mar 24th 2010, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time Out Dubai Restaurant Awards 2010

Not sure if this has been posted before....?

Anyway................. here it is - the definitive list of MM's and Patsy's snack bars.............. and I can honestly claim I've even heard of one or two of them.............

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/restaurants-awards-2010

Hukama??
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time Out Dubai Restaurant Awards 2010

What a useless article. They don't even say where the China Sea Restaurant is located despite it being the Budget category winner. Doh!
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:11 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
What a useless article. They don't even say where the China Sea Restaurant is located despite it being the Budget category winner. Doh!
There is a useful website you can use, it's called Google (heard of it)?

China Sea is in Deira...if it's the one I think it is, there is good karaoke rooms.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

glad to see carluccio's there...mango tree was robbed mind...

clearly gary rhodes' place has been doing a lot of advertising with time out...and conveniently he was in town for the awards...there's no way it's the best restaurant here...

has anyone done the traiteur brunch...i haven't heard anything about it...

MM, xx
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:14 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

clearly gary rhodes' place has been doing a lot of advertising with time out...and conveniently he was in town for the awards...there's no way it's the best restaurant here...

MM, xx
Some friends did Traiteur and said it was best they have been to here. Pricey, but well worth it.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
There is a useful website you can use, it's called Google (heard of it)?

China Sea is in Deira...if it's the one I think it is, there is good karaoke rooms.
I go there quite often when I visit Dubai. It's just coastbound (north) off the clock tower junction on the right. Walking distance from the Metro stop (can't remember the name) after Union stop, when Airport bound.

The other good one translates as 'Little Lamb' It's in Deira on the road alongside the Creek about 5 mins walk south from the south abra station. It's one where you cook your own food in a pan of boiling water set into the middle of the table.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Some friends did Traiteur and said it was best they have been to here. Pricey, but well worth it.
ohhh, will have to find someone to dump the kids on and try it out then...

MM, xx
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:42 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
Yes, a couple of weeks ago. Champage is Veuve Cliquot. It was rather nice but not fabulous. Still pricey unless you can eat a LOT of fois gras (which I loathe).

-
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy
I go there quite often when I visit Dubai. It's just coastbound (north) off the clock tower junction on the right. Walking distance from the Metro stop (can't remember the name) after Union stop, when Airport bound.

The other good one translates as 'Little Lamb' It's in Deira on the road alongside the Creek about 5 mins walk south from the south abra station. It's one where you cook your own food in a pan of boiling water set into the middle of the table.
I've just checked - this is also in Time Out, name is 'Xiao Wei Yang'

Station after Union Sq. is Al Rigga

There you go LH, help from a 'red'.

Last edited by Bonny Boy; Mar 24th 2010 at 3:43 pm. Reason: Sp
Old Mar 24th 2010, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
Yes, a couple of weeks ago. Champage is Veuve Cliquot. It was rather nice but not fabulous. Still pricey unless you can eat a LOT of fois gras (which I loathe).

-
oh i don't eat fois gras either...hmmm...

MM, xx
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:37 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

ohhh, will have to find someone to dump the kids on and try it out then...

MM, xx
Leave the TV on, lock the doors, leave some bread and jam out...sorted!
Old Mar 24th 2010, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

oh i don't eat fois gras either...hmmm...

MM, xx
errrrrrrr!!!!
I love foie gras..def want to try it.

Lets do the brunch after I get back