Thursday Thread

Old Nov 1st 2018, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thursday Thread

Originally Posted by Scamp
You know what, you're right. Why not, it works?

I've just been sent a calendar invite for a working group meeting next Thursday 5-6pm. Unless it's in the pub, no ****ing chance.
Who would ever schedule a meeting at 5 on Thursday? Let alone any time Thursday after 3?

Sadistic people, that's who.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 11:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Who would ever schedule a meeting at 5 on Thursday? Let alone any time Thursday after 3?

Unfortunately the person who's done it is lovely so telling her that I won't be there felt bad when explaining that I'll be at home or in the pub instead of the office.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

I have a video conference at 5 today
Old Nov 1st 2018, 11:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I have a video conference at 5 today
Once, you and I played 9 holes at Emirates in the evening and you spent most of the time on the phone to America. Brutal.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Desert Dog is an unknown quantity at this point

Desert racing with the Emirates Motorsport Club tomorrow in RAK near to Dhaid. Early night for me as we will hit the road at 05:30 to get to the start in time. Beers afterwards to wash the dust out of our gullets....
Old Nov 1st 2018, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dog
Desert racing with the Emirates Motorsport Club tomorrow in RAK near to Dhaid. Early night for me as we will hit the road at 05:30 to get to the start in time. Beers afterwards to wash the dust out of our gullets....
Good luck Mr. Dog, tell me, how many of the vehicles in the baja has Saluki Motorsport had a hand in prepping?
Old Nov 1st 2018, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm heading up to Taste of Abu Dhabi with the family. A quiet say I suspect. Will have the wife drive back so I can have a beer or 6.

Golden Tulip in Ghantoot has a Brewfest on. 99dibs, unlimited beer for 8 hours (50 to choose from, although I suspect it may just be the cooking later that's included in the unlimited beer package). might pop in for a look on the way back.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 4:02 pm
Banned

Pops Piedmont is an unknown quantity at this point

Beer and football

What else is there?
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

And you won!

Well done the dog and it's kennel staff.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
And you won! Well done the dog and it's kennel staff.
We did! We prepared three of the cars that entered. Pretty pleased with that result... and the refreshing ales afterwards!
Old Nov 4th 2018, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

We did! We prepared three of the cars that entered. Pretty pleased with that result... and the refreshing ales afterwards!
Good work!

I've always wondered what you need to drop to do races like this. How much are you talking? Do you rent out the cars or would one need to buy them?
Old Nov 4th 2018, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Good work! I've always wondered what you need to drop to do races like this. How much are you talking? Do you rent out the cars or would one need to buy them?
A Polaris RZR / Yamaha YXZ UTV will be in the region of AED 12,000.00 for a one day rental. Purchasing a fully prepped UTV will be approx AED 115K and is very dependent on the specification.

The big cars are a different animal and depends how many events you would intend to undertake to make it worthwhile. Costs for a new car vary between AED 700K to AED 1.6M! ;-) :-)
Old Nov 4th 2018, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

A Polaris RZR / Yamaha YXZ UTV will be in the region of AED 12,000.00 for a one day rental. Purchasing a fully prepped UTV will be approx AED 115K and is very dependent on the specification.

The big cars are a different animal and depends how many events you would intend to undertake to make it worthwhile. Costs for a new car vary between AED 700K to AED 1.6M! ;-) :-)
Interesting!

Does the rental rate include support? Transport, mechanics etc?
Old Nov 4th 2018, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Interesting! Does the rental rate include support? Transport, mechanics etc?
Yes, it is fully supported, but if you break it, you fix it!
Old Nov 5th 2018, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Go on jam25mack, you know you want to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.