British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Thursday Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/thursday-thread-918641/)

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 25th 2018 5:38 am

Thursday Thread

Morning campers,

What's everyone got on this weekend? Anything exciting?
Mountains of shit to get through today then pub at 5pm or just me?

We're brunching tomorrow, at a big one, the first in months and months so it's sort of exciting but I also can't be bothered. Visitors in town though so needs must.
Cheeky round on Saturday morning though, so that's the pay off. I'm playing reasonably well at the moment too so hoping to continue that.

IKnowNothing Oct 25th 2018 5:47 am

Re: Thursday Thread

Robbie Williams tribute act tonight and an Oktoberfest brunch with Oompah band tomorrow.

Should be a giggle.

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 25th 2018 6:46 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12582788)
Robbie Williams tribute act tonight and an Oktoberfest brunch with Oompah band tomorrow.

Should be a giggle.

Both of those sounds absolutely wicked! Enjoy.

UKCityGent Oct 25th 2018 7:02 am

Obviously bugger all to do in Kuwait

I've got an 'interview' tomorrow and then a teetotal lunch :(

I think i need a day in Bahrain to fill up on G&T !

IKnowNothing Oct 25th 2018 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12582798)
Both of those sounds absolutely wicked! Enjoy.

AED50 per person including a beer for Robbie, AED159 for 4 hour brunch (usually 4.5 hours) including Oompah. Tower Links Golf Club, f/b manager is a German, Klaus. Top guy.

There are benefits to living in RAK - or even coming up here for a staycation.

TheShed Oct 25th 2018 9:59 am

Heading to Fujairah this afternoon as guest of a 5* hotel to celebrate their anniversary. Last practical session at Chef school on Saturday (loved it but giving up 48 Saturdays in one straight year has been a challenge and I'm glad its coming to an end).

Oh and one of my favorite people in the world, my first born great Nephew aged 6 arrives with his dad tomorrow evening :-) Gonna be a great week ahead.

Brains1983 Oct 25th 2018 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 12582846)
Heading to Fujairah this afternoon as guest of a 5* hotel to celebrate their anniversary. Last practical session at Chef school on Saturday (loved it but giving up 48 Saturdays in one straight year has been a challenge and I'm glad its coming to an end).

Oh and one of my favorite people in the world, my first born great Nephew aged 6 arrives with his dad tomorrow evening :-) Gonna be a great week ahead.

where you doing the chef school thing?

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 25th 2018 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 12582893)

In a kitchen.

TheShed Oct 25th 2018 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 12582893)

International College of Culinary Arts (Icca) in Dubai.

IKnowNothing Oct 31st 2018 12:25 pm

So tomorrow night I'm going to see Elvis - see he's not working in a chip shop, he's in Bin Majid Beach Resort RAK, AED155 all in beers and buffets. If last Thursday is anything to go by it should be a great night..

DXBtoDOH Oct 31st 2018 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12585699)
So tomorrow night I'm going to see Elvis - see he's not working in a chip shop, he's in Bin Majid Beach Resort RAK, AED155 all in beers and buffets. If last Thursday is anything to go by it should be a great night..

I have a soft spot for hotels still stuck in 1985.

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 1st 2018 7:12 am

**** the rest of today, **** working, **** coming back on Sunday, **** certain colleagues, **** office politics and **** this in general.

Know what I mean?

UKCityGent Nov 1st 2018 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12586076)
**** the rest of today, **** working, **** coming back on Sunday, **** certain colleagues, **** office politics and **** this in general.

Know what I mean?

**** = Lurve ?

Im having a chilled day at work - its hard to entertain oneself for 6 hours !!

IKnowNothing Nov 1st 2018 7:25 am

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12585823)
I have a soft spot for hotels still stuck in 1985.

But the main man from the events at the hotel usually puts on a great show with half naked Eastern European dancers, fire breathers and trapeze artists, all scantily clad to make you drink copious amounts and munch furiously on the chicken wings etc.

(as do I).

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 1st 2018 8:15 am

Originally Posted by UKCityGent (Post 12586079)
**** = Lurve ?

Im having a chilled day at work - its hard to entertain oneself for 6 hours !!

You know what, you're right. Why not, it works?

I've just been sent a calendar invite for a working group meeting next Thursday 5-6pm. Unless it's in the pub, no ****ing chance.