British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Three soldiers receive Military Cross for gallantry (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/three-soldiers-receive-military-cross-gallantry-674995/)

coffindodger Jul 3rd 2010 9:32 am

Three soldiers receive Military Cross for gallantry

Cpl Paul Mather, L/Sgt Matthew Turrall and Capt Tresham Gregg, who all served in Afghanistan, have been awarded the Military Cross by the Princess Royal at Buckingham Palace.

Instituted in 1914, the Military Cross is given in recognition of exemplary gallantry during active operations against an enemy on land.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/10492307.stm

These are the REAL HEROS in our world today.
NOT these whimps as sportsmen thatlike to think they are the gods gift to who ever.

commander Jul 3rd 2010 6:03 pm

Re: Three soldiers receive Military Cross for gallantry

I was having a pint last night with my mate who is ex corps (RM to you lot) and his old boss was one of the guys from 40Cdo killed last week.

really really tragic.

Lets not compare or contrast it to ****ing engerlish football though please, as i find that extremely insulting.

Haan Jul 3rd 2010 10:25 pm

O'com guys- get over it, the soldiers aren't that great and I don't know why questioning their rectitude simply isn’t done. It’s the forbidden zone. We may rail against this tragic war, but our soldiers are lauded by all as saints. Why? They volunteered to partake in this savage idiocy, and for this they deserve our utmost respect? I think not.

The nearly 75% of us who know this occupation is bullshit need to stop sucking off the troops. They get enough action raping female soldiers and sodomizing Iraqi/Afghani detainees. The political left is intent on “supporting” the troops by bringing them home, which is a good thing. But after rightly denouncing and condemning this awful war, relatively sensible, seemingly inteligent people turn around and lovingly praise the soldiers’ brave service to the country. Why?

What service are they providing? I don’t remember ordering 1,000,000 dead Iraqis. Our soldiers are not providing a service to the country, they’re providing a service to oil companies. When a mafia greasball orders a hit, is the assassin absolved of personal responsibility when it’s carried out? Of course not. What if the hit man was fooled into service? We’d all say, “Tough shit, you dumb guinea,” then lock him up and throw away the key.

Now thats my opinion

Pelham Parkway Jul 4th 2010 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Haan (Post 8675804)
O'com guys- get over it, the soldiers aren't that great and I don't know why questioning their rectitude simply isn’t done. It’s the forbidden zone. We may rail against this tragic war, but our soldiers are lauded by all as saints. Why? They volunteered to partake in this savage idiocy, and for this they deserve our utmost respect? I think not.

The nearly 75% of us who know this occupation is bullshit need to stop sucking off the troops. They get enough action raping female soldiers and sodomizing Iraqi/Afghani detainees. The political left is intent on “supporting” the troops by bringing them home, which is a good thing. But after rightly denouncing and condemning this awful war, relatively sensible, seemingly inteligent people turn around and lovingly praise the soldiers’ brave service to the country. Why?

What service are they providing? I don’t remember ordering 1,000,000 dead Iraqis. Our soldiers are not providing a service to the country, they’re providing a service to oil companies. When a mafia greasball orders a hit, is the assassin absolved of personal responsibility when it’s carried out? Of course not. What if the hit man was fooled into service? We’d all say, “Tough shit, you dumb guinea,” then lock him up and throw away the key.

Now thats my opinion

omg

Welivehere Jul 4th 2010 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Pelham Parkway (Post 8675930)
omg

Pelham - Forget it, the twat is looking for a rise.....

Haan Jul 5th 2010 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Welivehere (Post 8676682)

Wrong

By any definition ...It's murder- Some "Heros" here

http://www.collateralmurder.com/

TGFKASE Jul 5th 2010 6:37 pm

Now thats my opinion

All the words I can think of to call you pale into insignifance when I consider my true feelings...

Oranje Crush Jul 6th 2010 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 8679454)
All the words I can think of to call you pale into insignifance when I consider my true feelings...

I want to tell you of something....Weve all sprung from apes, unfortunately you didn't spring far enough so were gonna have to put you back in the zoo, its the only safe place to observe you until you evolve

seven seas Jul 6th 2010 1:43 pm

Now thats my opinion

You're not allowed to have an opinion on this.
Apart from questioning Diana Spencer's saintliness, how un-racist Britian is and how crap the UAE is, that is the ultimate taboo on this board.
Welcome to the club.:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Norm_uk Jul 6th 2010 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Welivehere (Post 8676682)

Yup, ignore it....when the s**t hits the fan people like them are the first to come crawling behind their mother's skirt.

We'd be speaking German now and praising our Fuhrer if we listened to people like that...

N.

seven seas Jul 6th 2010 7:05 pm

if something challenges your comfortable worldview, demonise it or ignore it . easy.

Welivehere Jul 7th 2010 11:05 am

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 8682044)
if something challenges your comfortable worldview, demonise it or ignore it . easy.

If was under even the slightest impression it was a valid poster with a true belief of their stated position I may have been inclined to debate the point. However as the "Haan" commentary was posted with, in my opinion, the pure intent to incite / inflame I have neither the energy nor inclination to participate.

seven seas Jul 7th 2010 12:43 pm

... or you can just decide that it was purely inflammatory, and then ignore it.

Great when you can decide what other people's intentions are, isn't it?

commander Jul 7th 2010 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 8683682)
... or you can just decide that it was purely inflammatory, and then ignore it.

Great when you can decide what other people's intentions are, isn't it?

you know exactly who 'haan' is on this board and his intensions.

Welivehere Jul 7th 2010 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8683712)
you know exactly who 'haan' is on this board and his intensions.

Exactly. Numerous reincarnations of Haan both prior and subsequent to this post have cemented, in my opinion, the fact that Haan is not "a valid poster with a true belief of their stated position". I stand by my point.....