British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Threading..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/threading-511924/)

shakh your bootie Feb 5th 2008 11:48 am

Threading.....

Any of you guys tried it? My Syrian guy threaded me yesterday - stung like hell but ears & brows are hairless as a newborn....

MissDemeanor Feb 5th 2008 11:51 am

Re: Threading.....

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5887936)
Any of you guys tried it? My Syrian guy threaded me yesterday - stung like hell but ears & brows are hairless as a newborn....

How very metrosexual!! I just love a man without a uni-brow!:D

shakh your bootie Feb 5th 2008 11:56 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 5887949)
How very metrosexual!! I just love a man without a uni-brow!:D

LOL - actually, I've become quite fixated on how they actually do it. I got home and tried to replicate the technique but ended up with a mouthfull of yarn and fingers in a cat's cradle....

MissDemeanor Feb 5th 2008 11:58 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5887979)
LOL - actually, I've become quite fixated on how they actually do it. I got home and tried to replicate the technique but ended up with a mouthfull of yarn and fingers in a cat's cradle....

Just dont try giving yourself a brazilian......you wouldnt want a mouthful of that!!:rofl:

shakh your bootie Feb 5th 2008 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 5887994)
Just dont try giving yourself a brazilian......you wouldnt want a mouthful of that!!:rofl:

Aiiii... the thought of nether-threading brings tears to my eyes and a cross to my legs.

MissDemeanor Feb 5th 2008 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5888021)
Aiiii... the thought of nether-threading brings tears to my eyes and a cross to my legs.

Aaaah. is your bootie shaking?! pingpingping!:D

MataHari Feb 5th 2008 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5887936)

that now is a mystery to me...I have seen it once and I cannot believe how they would not mess up the shape of your eyebrows...it's not for me anyway, not one for letting strangers touch me and stuff...

Inselaffen Feb 5th 2008 12:24 pm

my housemate had his nosehair waxed when he went to the barbers.
2 hot waxed cotton buds stuck up his nose then yanked out! :blink:

MissDemeanor Feb 5th 2008 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5888100)
that now is a mystery to me...I have seen it once and I cannot believe how they would not mess up the shape of your eyebrows...it's not for me anyway, not one for letting strangers touch me and stuff...

I saw a girl having her face done in a salon last week........the look of pain is something I wont forget in a hurry!!:blink:

shakh your bootie Feb 5th 2008 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5888100)

No, no - it is a tool of extreme precision. The intersection of the loci of the two threads acts like a cross hair that allows the artisan to select a single hair at a time, or by employing a sweeping motion he can rapidly clear an entire area....

BTW - do you think you may have trust issues???

MataHari Feb 5th 2008 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5888109)
No, no - it is a tool of extreme precision. The intersection of the loci of the two threads acts like a cross hair that allows the artisan to select a single hair at a time, or by employing a sweeping motion he can rapidly clear an entire area....

BTW - do you think you may have trust issues???

why are you asking???

shakh your bootie Feb 5th 2008 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5888114)
why are you asking???

I'm full of satiable curtiosities

MataHari Feb 5th 2008 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5888137)
I'm full of satiable curtiosities

anyway...I am not really into the whole mani/pedi/facial/hairdresser etc thing...just not my thing...I like looking a bit rough

shakh your bootie Feb 5th 2008 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5888152)
anyway...I am not really into the whole mani/pedi/facial/hairdresser etc thing...just not my thing...I like looking a bit rough

Ah, my dear, a complement in response to such an obvious prompt would just be cheap....

MataHari Feb 5th 2008 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5888173)
Ah, my dear, a complement in response to such an obvious prompt would just be cheap....

and totally out of order...