Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Those Little Things that Annoy the Life out of You

Those Little Things that Annoy the Life out of You

Old Aug 27th 2016, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those Little Things that Annoy the Life out of You

Idiots at work who walk into my office and say " I sent you an email about XYZ"

Me: When did you send it, as I don't remember dealing with that issue

Idiot: Just now, it's on its way to your inbox.

Me: Get out.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Statistix has much to be proud ofStatistix has much to be proud ofStatistix has much to be proud ofStatistix has much to be proud ofStatistix has much to be proud ofStatistix has much to be proud ofStatistix has much to be proud ofStatistix has much to be proud ofStatistix has much to be proud ofStatistix has much to be proud ofStatistix has much to be proud of

Just caught up with this topic - where do I start?

Any 'little' thing done for no reason (or at least no obvious reason) is liable to annoy me.

I agree with whoever said idiots who push that 'Close Doors' button in a lift, to make the doors close 0.376 secs more quickly.

And something that has always puzzled me - four of you go out for a meal, and they put you on a table set for six, then a waiter comes along and clears away the other two place settings. Why do they do that??
Old Aug 28th 2016, 4:06 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Statistix
Just caught up with this topic - where do I start?

Any 'little' thing done for no reason (or at least no obvious reason) is liable to annoy me.

I agree with whoever said idiots who push that 'Close Doors' button in a lift, to make the doors close 0.376 secs more quickly.

And something that has always puzzled me - four of you go out for a meal, and they put you on a table set for six, then a waiter comes along and clears away the other two place settings. Why do they do that??
The 'close door' guy isnt as annoying a the 'open door' guy, who seems to think the door will open faster if you press the button...

Ohhh, and whilst on the subject of lifts, those sub- continent fu(ckwits that stand with their nose at the door, waiting to get in when the door opens, and cant seem to realise that they cant get in until you get out, and you cant fu(k'n get out unless they move the fu(k back...
Old Aug 28th 2016, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Statistix
Looks weird to have 2 missing persons?
Old Aug 28th 2016, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised Meow hasn't said:-

"One word. iggles".
Old Aug 29th 2016, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing

"One word. iggles".
we're all thinking it...
Old Sep 5th 2016, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Kakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of lightKakawax is a glorious beacon of light

Essential services in the UAE related to visas or licences running cash businesses...

... it would be imprudent to name names... but really..?
Old Sep 5th 2016, 6:48 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

"One word. iggles".
Iggles is two words.
Old Sep 5th 2016, 6:57 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iggle
Iggles is two words.
QED.

No Iggles, it's not a ship.
Old Sep 5th 2016, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

ALL customer services!!!
Old Sep 5th 2016, 8:15 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

People who want something but don't ask politely. Please and thank you go a very long way.
Old Sep 5th 2016, 8:59 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

UAE Internet Services that are not really what they seem.

Yesterday I got a letter saying that my booze license was due for renewal. There was a very nice leaflet telling me to go to Africaneastern.com and i could "Renew Online"!!! Given my total hatred of customer service in the sandpit and avoidance of same at any opportunity whatsoever, this is music to my ears :-)

I proceed to the site, fill in the online form, upload my passport, residence visa and tenancy contract and pressed go.

My goodness - what amazing service. This morning a courier comes to my office from African and Eastern; surely it can't be done that quick???

Sadly not - He gave me a HANDWRITTEN renewal form and printouts of my residence, passport and tenancy telling me to sign and then go to A&E to deposit the forms and my tax.

Seriously, you can't make this 541T up!!!!!!
Old Sep 5th 2016, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Live in Abu Dhabi. No licenses needed and no 30% tax too.....
Old Sep 6th 2016, 4:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Live in Abu Dhabi. No licenses needed and no 30% tax too.....
There's the problem.