Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Those afflicted with religion are not the sharpest knives in the drawer

Those afflicted with religion are not the sharpest knives in the drawer

Old Aug 15th 2013, 9:13 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those afflicted with religion are not the sharpest knives in the drawer

Originally Posted by redShark
It is a fact that the majority of the Islamists in the world are degree holders and educated people.
How many of them are female?
Old Aug 15th 2013, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those afflicted with religion are not the sharpest knives in the drawer

I dunno if anyone has seen the jesusandmo site but there are some simply outstanding cartoons. I dare not post it here but have a look at yesterdays.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

You do realize how stupid your argument is when you can't even differentiate between a Muslim and an Islamist. I really can't help but to pity you (judging by all your previous posts), you got along way to go in the path of education mate!!!
If you were a Red Indian you'd be known as "Talking Bollocks".....
Old Aug 15th 2013, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mikewot
I really don't know why I'm answering, maybe just because with this one the stupid it burns!

Of the 'one true religion'™ which is the true version, sunni or shiite? Don't you think it's time you guys got all your shit in one sock?
Confusing the issue as ever. Neither me nor your survey were on about the percentage of faithfuls to the other population. We were talking about the percentage of the intelligent people among the faithful, and the Muslim brotherhood organization was an example I quoted to show you that if having degrees is a measure of intelligence, then your survey holds no water in the muslim world. the figure I quoted was taken from a study by the inertia ministry of Egypt back in the Nineties, and it is little surprise because that organization democratically dominated the universities’ student unions all over Egypt for decades.

Any way…I wonder what the outcome of such a survey would be if it was conducted in this forum!!!!!!

poor chap...By opening this subject of surveys you have actually opened up a can of warms on yourself!!

Let’s do the surveys talk then...

According to a study in the American Journal of American Psychiatry, atheists have a substantial higher rate of suicide than people that have some type of religious affiliation. Check out these facts:

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/arti...ticleid=177228
http://www.gallup.com/poll/108625/mo...ide-rates.aspx
http://www.adherents.com/misc/religion_suicide.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9334555
http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyo...-are-atheists/

Here are some abstracts from the above:

“According to the American Journal of Psychiatry, those who are religiously affiliated have a significantly lower rate of taking their own life. “

“Congressman told by DoD that all military suicide victims are atheists”

“Religiously unaffiliated subjects had significantly more lifetime suicide attempts and more first-degree relatives who committed suicide than subjects who endorsed a religious affiliation”.

“Children of atheists are more likely to suffer from a major depressive issue. “

Depression is an illness that can strike anybody, but why is it that athiest patiants are more likely to commit sucide than others? It looks that mother-nature has evolved the human being in such away that if illness strikes the natural remedy is commiting sucide, or at least that is what the athiests are proving!!!

Lets see what you are going to pull out in response to that!!
Old Aug 15th 2013, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Your finger out your bum?
Old Aug 16th 2013, 6:25 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Confusing the issue as ever.
You answered your own question first, the issue is of surveys which conclude that those afflicted with religion are not as bright as normal people. Where did suicides come into it? A very good step in the right direction that you included some (because most of your links were nonsense) links to facts, well done! However you failed to provide any facts to support your assertions that the religious are all budding Einsteins.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Redshark, what percentage of suicide bombers are religious do you think?
Old Aug 16th 2013, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by al dente
Your finger out your bum?
I didn't quite understand your comment dear! The subject that we were discussing is intelligence! Not sure what subject you thought we were on about!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2013, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't quite understand your comment dear! The subject that we were discussing is intelligence! Not sure what subject you thought we were on about!!!!
Please refrain from calling me dear. My gender has nothing to do with a discussion.

You asked what we wanted to pull out and my question was a reference to the fact that i find your posturings the opposite of intellectual. I'm sorry that you couldn't work it out and needed it explaining, but not surprised.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 6:56 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Confusing the issue as ever. Neither me nor your survey were on about the percentage of faithfuls to the other population. We were talking about the percentage of the intelligent people among the faithful, and the Muslim brotherhood organization was an example I quoted to show you that if having degrees is a measure of intelligence, then your survey holds no water in the muslim world. the figure I quoted was taken from a study by the inertia ministry of Egypt back in the Nineties, and it is little surprise because that organization democratically dominated the universities’ student unions all over Egypt for decades.

Any way…I wonder what the outcome of such a survey would be if it was conducted in this forum!!!!!!

poor chap...By opening this subject of surveys you have actually opened up a can of warms on yourself!!

Let’s do the surveys talk then...

According to a study in the American Journal of American Psychiatry, atheists have a substantial higher rate of suicide than people that have some type of religious affiliation. Check out these facts:

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/arti...ticleid=177228
http://www.gallup.com/poll/108625/mo...ide-rates.aspx
http://www.adherents.com/misc/religion_suicide.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9334555
http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyo...-are-atheists/

Here are some abstracts from the above:

“According to the American Journal of Psychiatry, those who are religiously affiliated have a significantly lower rate of taking their own life. “

“Congressman told by DoD that all military suicide victims are atheists”

“Religiously unaffiliated subjects had significantly more lifetime suicide attempts and more first-degree relatives who committed suicide than subjects who endorsed a religious affiliation”.

“Children of atheists are more likely to suffer from a major depressive issue. “

Depression is an illness that can strike anybody, but why is it that athiest patiants are more likely to commit sucide than others? It looks that mother-nature has evolved the human being in such away that if illness strikes the natural remedy is commiting sucide, or at least that is what the athiests are proving!!!

Any human being that believes a man went to heaven on a horse, a man built a boat that would have to be a Mile long and wide, a man lived in a whale or that the earth is 6000 years old is mad.

A bit closer to home redshark, how is gas and oil formed? I genuinely want you to explain this one to me - a bit like I am still waiting to know your explanation of the dinosaurs..........
Old Aug 17th 2013, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Please refrain from calling me dear. My gender has nothing to do with a discussion.
Arabs (esp Lebanese) from a certain generation call everybody 'my dear'. Bit odd when you first hear it but nowt wrong with it when remembering grown men from Nottingham calling you 'duck'
Old Aug 17th 2013, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Arabs (esp Lebanese) from a certain generation call everybody 'my dear'. Bit odd when you first hear it but nowt wrong with it when remembering grown men from Nottingham calling you 'duck'
Exactly. As do many Indians.
Old Aug 17th 2013, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

You asked what we wanted to pull out and my question was a reference to the fact that i find your posturings the opposite of intellectual. I'm sorry that you couldn't work it out and needed it explaining, but not surprised.
Old Aug 17th 2013, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Exactly. As do many Indians.
If somebody calls me Dear, I will slap them
Old Aug 17th 2013, 11:53 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
If somebody calls me Dear, I will slap them
Yeah, I have you down more as Dearie...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.