British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Those ads up there (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/those-ads-up-there-793526/)

Meow Apr 10th 2013 8:38 am

Those ads up there

I thought they were supposed to be intuitive and pick up what we're each posting?

I keep getting a banner about Jiu Jitsu in Abu Dhabi and another about the Dialysis Unit at The American Hospital.

Is it because of the on-bored (sic) fighting and piss-taking?

britexpat76 Apr 10th 2013 8:42 am

Re: Those ads up there

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10650837)
I thought they were supposed to be intuitive and pick up what we're each posting?

I keep getting a banner about Jiu Jitsu in Abu Dhabi and another about the Dialysis Unit at The American Hospital.

Is it because of the on-bored (sic) fighting and piss-taking?

:rofl::rofl:

Kix Apr 10th 2013 8:44 am

Download a little app called adblock, it adds onto your browser (in my case Chrome) and blocks all adds from every website.
Well worth it.

Another top tip from Kix.

jackthehat Apr 10th 2013 10:01 am

The erring of our Founder (I am Afraid) nothing much to do with British Expats, more to do with Financial Services. However, in the words of Alexander Pope, 'To Err is Human - To forgive, Divine!'

Cypselos Apr 10th 2013 11:14 am

Pope had a 17th century excuse for ranDom CapiTalisation! And even 'he' didn't?

Bahtatboy Apr 10th 2013 11:33 am

Originally Posted by jackthehat (Post 10650983)
The erring of our Founder (I am Afraid) nothing much to do with British Expats, more to do with Financial Services. However, in the words of Alexander Pope, 'To Err is Human - To forgive, Divine!'

:confused::banghead:

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 10th 2013 2:02 pm

I get ads for moving to Dubai and shipping. Never, ever searched on the cost of shipping. Bizarre

Bahtatboy Apr 10th 2013 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10651432)
I get ads for moving to Dubai and shipping. Never, ever searched on the cost of shipping. Bizarre

I think they're linked to a) your location (I'm getting ones for Morocco now) and b) words and phrases in the pages you're viewing, rather than what you're searching.

Irishbeekeeper Apr 10th 2013 5:03 pm

I am told that a nice asian girl is waiting for me, her face changes every 3rd day or so btw!

jackthehat Apr 11th 2013 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Cypselos (Post 10651102)
Pope had a 17th century excuse for ranDom CapiTalisation! And even 'he' didn't?

HAPPY NOW?

Theseus Apr 11th 2013 4:22 am

I get Qatar Leadership Programmes, the Advert Bot obviously realises how important I am.

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 12th 2013 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Theseus (Post 10652797)
I get Qatar Leadership Programmes, the Advert Bot obviously realises how important I am.

Or how much you're struggling?