Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Things people tell you are true, but you arent so sure..

Things people tell you are true, but you arent so sure..

Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:30 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Things people tell you are true, but you arent so sure..

A girl I work with says she has a friend, who has a down syndrome son

Apparently, he is in his 20's and is/was not considered a risk and so could be left alone for limited periods of time

The story goes, the other day, the Mum went shopping leaving the aforementioned son home alone...30mins into her trip to Tesco, he phones his Mum and said that he'd captured an Oooompalumpa !.

His Mum rushed home to find out what the call was about, only to find that a Dwarf had been locked in a cupboard under their stairs.

Her neighbour said that the boy rushed out of the house as the dwarf walked past, dragged him into the house, and locked him under the stairs.

The poor dwarf may well be scarred for life

Im not having it...that cant be true !

Last edited by BangleMan; Nov 18th 2010 at 9:32 am. Reason: .
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:40 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things people tell you are true, but you arent so sure..

na, not believing that one.

But then again...you couldnt make it up!!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe it, but it does make a good story.

I'm loving being back in Australia where the special needs kids are in mainstream schooling and are in class with every other kid. The two little Downs girls (one used to be in my sons class years ago) just make my day with their warm smiles and joyous greetings whenever I walk past them.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

GuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to behold

I actually though that was the beginning of a joke!

I had a couple come in work the other day, with one of the happiest, well behaved local kids I've ever seen. She appeared to be Downs as well, and in a strange sort of way, she made my day. Her parents were great with her, and all she wanted to do was just laugh. Just what I needed after a day here.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 11:43 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GuyinUAE
I actually though that was the beginning of a joke!

I had a couple come in work the other day, with one of the happiest, well behaved local kids I've ever seen. She appeared to be Downs as well, and in a strange sort of way, she made my day. Her parents were great with her, and all she wanted to do was just laugh. Just what I needed after a day here.
A couple I am good friends with back home have a down syndrome son, and he is the sweetest kid, full of fun and laughter...........

Its dwarves that I have an issue with....little magical people, my arse !
Old Nov 18th 2010, 1:34 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
A couple I am good friends with back home have a down syndrome son, and he is the sweetest kid, full of fun and laughter...........

Its dwarves that I have an issue with....little magical people, my arse !
the are handy for panto though
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I once was told a mermaid had been found inside a great white shark- and I don't have downs! Just blonde and gullible (ok and stupid)!

And dwarves freak me out! I know, I know not my most PC post ever!
Old Nov 19th 2010, 5:19 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
A girl I work with says she has a friend, who has a down syndrome son

Apparently, he is in his 20's and is/was not considered a risk and so could be left alone for limited periods of time

The story goes, the other day, the Mum went shopping leaving the aforementioned son home alone...30mins into her trip to Tesco, he phones his Mum and said that he'd captured an Oooompalumpa !.

His Mum rushed home to find out what the call was about, only to find that a Dwarf had been locked in a cupboard under their stairs.

Her neighbour said that the boy rushed out of the house as the dwarf walked past, dragged him into the house, and locked him under the stairs.

The poor dwarf may well be scarred for life

Im not having it...that cant be true !
http://www.snopes.com/embarrass/mistaken/troll.asp
Old Nov 19th 2010, 7:29 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 19th 2010, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Art Shliester
And while were at it, there is no such thing as "downs syndrome' anymore. It's 'developmentally disabled" or "mentally challenged." My brother has a developmentally disabled (it was his wifes fault, there's no bad blood in our family) child so i'd appreciate it if everybody spoke in those terms from now on.

Thanks
You're obviously trolling and there are people on this board who have children of their own and family members with Downs Syndrome so I think you should stop going down this line. If you really did have a niece or nephew with Downs, you would know that it is a Chromosomal disorder rather than a genetic disorder and is not inherited.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 5:18 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

its good for your skin

is one I have been telling lately
Old Nov 20th 2010, 6:12 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

I've a story I tell of a spooky incident on board a ship in the Bermuda Triangle.It was true but people often think I'm having them on.
Guess it's all to do with the subject matter.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

@ weasal - have we met? lol
Old Nov 20th 2010, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ukecadet- perhaps you could share the story with us?
Old Nov 20th 2010, 9:45 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Things people tell you are true, but you aren't so sure..

Me love you long time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.