British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Things that people do that piss you off... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/things-people-do-piss-you-off-805779/)

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 20th 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Things that people do that piss you off...

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10859901)
Is this where I complain about my inbox regularly reaching 90% capacity?

My inbox has just over 5,500 unread emails in it. Every so often I just scroll down to anything older than two months and delete the lot. Liberating. :thumbsup:

Bahtatboy Aug 20th 2013 2:50 pm

No. But PM sent. :sneaky:

Bahtatboy Aug 20th 2013 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Dumbo (Post 10859797)
People on here that I don't know sending me PMs asking me for a favour, without actually saying what the favour is. Whats that all about?

And the regular requests on LinkedIn asking me to endorse someone I don't even know. They're usually of a certain nationality, perhaps next time I'll give an endorsement with heavy sarcasm...

Bahtatboy Aug 20th 2013 2:55 pm

Marking up wine by 4-5x in a restaurant, and that's on the ridiculously high price in the supermarket of local wine.

Patsy Stoned Aug 20th 2013 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10859904)
My inbox has just over 5,500 unread emails in it. Every so often I just scroll down to anything older than two months and delete the lot. Liberating. :thumbsup:

OI! I have messaged you before...are you saying that you delete my message without even looking at it??

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 20th 2013 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10860547)
OI! I have messaged you before...are you saying that you delete my message without even looking at it??

No, I mean my work email inbox...I read and repl to you on here. About to dig out the one with the cleaners number!

Dumbo Aug 21st 2013 4:00 am

Sure why not, next you can tell us how many friends you have on facebook. :p

the_red_sheep Aug 21st 2013 4:53 am

• People who walk through a door and then let it swing closed regardless of if there’s anyone behind them.
• People who don’t acknowledge that you’ve held the door for them, or make any effort to take over holding it open from you as they walk through it.
• Parents/nannies who think it’s ok for their children to use the gym as a play area.
• Group of, usually men, who go to the gym together and co-opt a load of equipment then spend all their time there messing around/texting/looking at themselves/each other in the mirror.
• When people at work are unnecessarily obstructive and will only do things if asked by someone in a ‘rank’ higher than them.
• Taxi drivers who treat the accelerator like an on/off switch that they flick every few seconds.
• People who have no etiquette at the bar – if your there first you get served first, it’s easy.
• People who get unnecessarily angry with and rude to bar/restaurant/shop staff – they forgot to bring you a fork, they didn’t take a dump on your pillow, calm down!

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 21st 2013 5:08 am

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep (Post 10861299)
• People who walk through a door and then let it swing closed regardless of if there’s anyone behind them.
• People who don’t acknowledge that you’ve held the door for them, or make any effort to take over holding it open from you as they walk through it.
• People who have no etiquette at the bar – if your there first you get served first, it’s easy.
• People who get unnecessarily angry with and rude to bar/restaurant/shop staff – they forgot to bring you a fork, they didn’t take a dump on your pillow, calm down!

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

The holding a door for other people annoys me. Especially when you've stood, waited, holding, made eye contact and they just breeze through...normally a quick "you're ****ing welcome" makes them blush.

Saff_Parker Aug 21st 2013 5:52 am

When people text me or message me with only one or two words! "ok" or "fine"
Grrr

Meow Aug 21st 2013 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Dumbo (Post 10861249)
Sure why not, next you can tell us how many friends you have on facebook. :p

http://i41.tinypic.com/zum449.jpg

Meow Aug 21st 2013 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10860175)
And the regular requests on LinkedIn asking me to endorse someone I don't even know. They're usually of a certain nationality, perhaps next time I'll give an endorsement with heavy sarcasm...

Surely the names that come up for endoresement are only for people you have agreed to connect to?

I don't think the endorsements on LinkedIn meansmuch at all. It's the recommendations that are worthwhile.

Dumbo Aug 21st 2013 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10861354)

Whoooosh.....yes it was dumb-o of me.

shiva Aug 21st 2013 8:50 am

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep (Post 10861299)
• Taxi drivers who treat the accelerator like an on/off switch that they flick every few seconds.

this one drives me absolutely crackers especially when cornering