Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Things that people do that piss you off...

Things that people do that piss you off...

Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that people do that piss you off...

[QUOTE=Bahtatboy;10849063]
Originally Posted by The Dean View Post

* When four people go out for a meal, and they sit you at a table for six - the waiter always comes along and clears away the other two place settings - why???

QUOTE]

So you don't dribble on the crockery and cutlery which they'd then have to wash...

Heard this from someone else--just don't get the complaint. Leaves more room for the diners and their food and glasses. Actually, I'd ask them to clear the other settings.
That's a charitable view - surely a cynic would say it was to make the table 'seem' emptier, thus encouraging the diners to order more food........

Anyway - point taken. I guess I just dislike things that seem pointless.......
Old Aug 13th 2013, 7:34 pm
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I must be really irritating, I do all of these things.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 10:15 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

People being tight .
Child haters , normally people with no kids .
People who walk down narrow streets with umbrellas and don't lift it up a bit when they walk past you so you have to bend your head over.
People in the UK who complain about crap UK summers , who then moan about it being too hot when you do get a nice bit of weather . FFS !!!
Old Aug 14th 2013, 5:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bahtatboy;10849063]
Originally Posted by The Dean View Post

* When four people go out for a meal, and they sit you at a table for six - the waiter always comes along and clears away the other two place settings - why???

QUOTE]

So you don't dribble on the crockery and cutlery which they'd then have to wash...

Heard this from someone else--just don't get the complaint. Leaves more room for the diners and their food and glasses. Actually, I'd ask them to clear the other settings.

I like it when you take a table for 4 when there is only 2 of you but you are waiting for another two guests but they still clear the crockery
Old Aug 14th 2013, 5:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi View Post
People being tight .
Child haters , normally people with no kids .
People who walk down narrow streets with umbrellas and don't lift it up a bit when they walk past you so you have to bend your head over.
People in the UK who complain about crap UK summers , who then moan about it being too hot when you do get a nice bit of weather . FFS !!!
People that have no concept of irony...
Old Aug 14th 2013, 6:39 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
People that have no concept of irony...
The use of that instead of who in the above context
Old Aug 14th 2013, 6:45 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
The use of that instead of who in the above context
Oops. Forgive me. I haven't had any coffee yet and therefore the brain is not working properly.

I have some more offerings. Most are really things that mildly irritate as few get me really angry.

People who speak too loudly, as if they want the whole world to hear
People who sniff constantly. I'm the one that offers them a tissue so they stop
The fact I have never learned to type properly so make too many mistakes when posting quickly on internet forums
Lazy people. Being occasionally lazy is good, but for some it's a permanent state
Tooting car horns at 2am to tell your household you are home and also disturbing your neighbours
Old Aug 14th 2013, 6:57 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
Oops. Forgive me. I haven't had any coffee yet and therefore the brain is not working properly.
Actually there are lots of precedents in literature for the use of that, and I don't know of any authority (mainly coz I haven't looked) which (or who) insists on who, except for my high school English teacher. Authorities and precedents aside, I just think it sounds ugly. But I can forgive most people most things pre-coffee
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

-Badly behaved kids in malls running about the place with no consideration for others
-Families in malls walking 5 abreast and walking at 0.5mph
-Idiots with strollers who think that as they have a stroller they should have right of way.
-Idiot locals pulling handbrake turns outside my house then denying it and asking why I am pi$$ed off when I confront them
-Unreasonable people (generally me)
-Liars
-People who stir stuff unnecessarily behind peoples back (although I am a fan of a good gossip)
-Poor service
-People who think they are too important to queue
-People who spell 'cheque' as check
-Americans (well most of em)
-People who send me stuff on facebook or by email which say I have to send them on to X amount of people to prevent certain doom or ones that say ''I know 90% of you won't put this as your status....'' etc. A-holes!

That'll do for now....
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, last one.

People who complain about the smell from ciggs and then proceed to drink coffee and breath it all over you! I agree cigg smell isn't great but coffee smells f**king horrible!
Old Aug 14th 2013, 7:14 am
Hit 16's

People who think I'm stupid.

Now, admittedly, they are right on occasion. However, when I ask the admin lady to fix, again, the mobile data on my iPhone, and she hands it back and says it's fixed--and then when I turn the wifi off it evidently isn't, that pisses me off. But that would be far too simple here. At the second attempt she'd actually set up her phone (which can get 3G data) as a wifi hotspot and linked mine to hers in an attempt to show that my phone wasn't dependent on the office wifi. Do I look that stupid? (That's a rhetorical question.)
Old Aug 14th 2013, 9:45 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Breathing.

If they stopped that then all the other shit they do would just disappear
Old Aug 14th 2013, 10:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
Breathing.

If they stopped that then all the other shit they do would just disappear
Old Aug 14th 2013, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Curiously, this image came to mind a couple off times during rush hour on the Metro as I stand opposite the doors and note the beckoning space between me and them.

Why the hell do S.Asian's (every single one doing it so far was, I'm trying not to be stereotypical here) stand leaning with their palms on the doors midtransit? Are they trying to win a Darwin Award?
Old Aug 14th 2013, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jam25mack;10849885]-Badly behaved kids in malls running about the place with no consideration for others
-Families in malls walking 5 abreast and walking at 0.5mph
-Idiots with strollers who think that as they have a stroller they should have right of way.

Perhaps we should have categories;
Malls
Metro
Driving
Neighbours
Government departments (oooohhh that will be a long one)
etc etc

Malls......as above but also why when you do the gentlemen thing like holding the door open for local ladies it is like it is you ******* job...no acknowledgement in fact jack!!!!!
Metro....let me off the ******* thing before you get on moron!!!
Driving..my policy on people flashing me to move is to wave at them and then stay in the lane!
Neighbours...insecticide seems to be the way to go just book them a de-bugging free of charge!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.