British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Things that people do that piss you off... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/things-people-do-piss-you-off-805779/)

The Dean Aug 13th 2013 6:38 pm

Re: Things that people do that piss you off...

[QUOTE=Bahtatboy;10849063]

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10848999)

* When four people go out for a meal, and they sit you at a table for six - the waiter always comes along and clears away the other two place settings - why??? :banghead::banghead:

QUOTE]

So you don't dribble on the crockery and cutlery which they'd then have to wash...

Heard this from someone else--just don't get the complaint. Leaves more room for the diners and their food and glasses. Actually, I'd ask them to clear the other settings.

That's a charitable view - surely a cynic would say it was to make the table 'seem' emptier, thus encouraging the diners to order more food........

Anyway - point taken. I guess I just dislike things that seem pointless.......

Millhouse Aug 13th 2013 7:34 pm

I must be really irritating, I do all of these things.

nonthaburi Aug 13th 2013 10:15 pm

People being tight .
Child haters , normally people with no kids .
People who walk down narrow streets with umbrellas and don't lift it up a bit when they walk past you so you have to bend your head over.
People in the UK who complain about crap UK summers , who then moan about it being too hot when you do get a nice bit of weather . FFS !!!

Blue Cat Aug 14th 2013 5:31 am

[QUOTE=Bahtatboy;10849063]

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10848999)

* When four people go out for a meal, and they sit you at a table for six - the waiter always comes along and clears away the other two place settings - why??? :banghead::banghead:

QUOTE]

So you don't dribble on the crockery and cutlery which they'd then have to wash...

Heard this from someone else--just don't get the complaint. Leaves more room for the diners and their food and glasses. Actually, I'd ask them to clear the other settings.

I like it when you take a table for 4 when there is only 2 of you but you are waiting for another two guests but they still clear the crockery :rofl:

Meow Aug 14th 2013 5:35 am

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 10849487)
People being tight .
Child haters , normally people with no kids .
People who walk down narrow streets with umbrellas and don't lift it up a bit when they walk past you so you have to bend your head over.
People in the UK who complain about crap UK summers , who then moan about it being too hot when you do get a nice bit of weather . FFS !!!

People that have no concept of irony...

Bahtatboy Aug 14th 2013 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10849824)
People that have no concept of irony...

The use of that instead of who in the above context ;)

Meow Aug 14th 2013 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10849858)
The use of that instead of who in the above context ;)

Oops. Forgive me. I haven't had any coffee yet and therefore the brain is not working properly.

I have some more offerings. Most are really things that mildly irritate as few get me really angry.

People who speak too loudly, as if they want the whole world to hear
People who sniff constantly. I'm the one that offers them a tissue so they stop
The fact I have never learned to type properly so make too many mistakes when posting quickly on internet forums
Lazy people. Being occasionally lazy is good, but for some it's a permanent state
Tooting car horns at 2am to tell your household you are home and also disturbing your neighbours

Bahtatboy Aug 14th 2013 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10849870)
Oops. Forgive me. I haven't had any coffee yet and therefore the brain is not working properly.

Actually there are lots of precedents in literature for the use of that, and I don't know of any authority (mainly coz I haven't looked) which (or who) insists on who, except for my high school English teacher. Authorities and precedents aside, I just think it sounds ugly. But I can forgive most people most things pre-coffee :D

jam25mack Aug 14th 2013 7:00 am

-Badly behaved kids in malls running about the place with no consideration for others
-Families in malls walking 5 abreast and walking at 0.5mph
-Idiots with strollers who think that as they have a stroller they should have right of way.
-Idiot locals pulling handbrake turns outside my house then denying it and asking why I am pi$$ed off when I confront them
-Unreasonable people (generally me)
-Liars
-People who stir stuff unnecessarily behind peoples back (although I am a fan of a good gossip)
-Poor service
-People who think they are too important to queue
-People who spell 'cheque' as check
-Americans (well most of em)
-People who send me stuff on facebook or by email which say I have to send them on to X amount of people to prevent certain doom or ones that say ''I know 90% of you won't put this as your status....'' etc. A-holes!

That'll do for now....

jam25mack Aug 14th 2013 7:02 am

Oh, last one.

People who complain about the smell from ciggs and then proceed to drink coffee and breath it all over you! I agree cigg smell isn't great but coffee smells f**king horrible!

Bahtatboy Aug 14th 2013 7:14 am

People who think I'm stupid.

Now, admittedly, they are right on occasion. However, when I ask the admin lady to fix, again, the mobile data on my iPhone, and she hands it back and says it's fixed--and then when I turn the wifi off it evidently isn't, that pisses me off. But that would be far too simple here. At the second attempt she'd actually set up her phone (which can get 3G data) as a wifi hotspot and linked mine to hers in an attempt to show that my phone wasn't dependent on the office wifi. Do I look that stupid? (That's a rhetorical question.)

shiva Aug 14th 2013 9:45 am

Breathing.

If they stopped that then all the other shit they do would just disappear

Blue Cat Aug 14th 2013 10:22 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10850085)
Breathing.

If they stopped that then all the other shit they do would just disappear

:rofl:

Beakersful Aug 14th 2013 10:56 am

Curiously, this image came to mind a couple off times during rush hour on the Metro as I stand opposite the doors and note the beckoning space between me and them.

http://moviefarm.co.uk/image/2010/04...f-the-dead.jpg

Why the hell do S.Asian's (every single one doing it so far was, I'm trying not to be stereotypical here) stand leaning with their palms on the doors midtransit? Are they trying to win a Darwin Award?

Dubaiexile Aug 14th 2013 11:10 am

[QUOTE=jam25mack;10849885]-Badly behaved kids in malls running about the place with no consideration for others
-Families in malls walking 5 abreast and walking at 0.5mph
-Idiots with strollers who think that as they have a stroller they should have right of way.

Perhaps we should have categories;
Malls
Metro
Driving
Neighbours
Government departments (oooohhh that will be a long one)
etc etc

Malls......as above but also why when you do the gentlemen thing like holding the door open for local ladies it is like it is you ******* job...no acknowledgement in fact jack!!!!!
Metro....let me off the ******* thing before you get on moron!!!
Driving..my policy on people flashing me to move is to wave at them and then stay in the lane!
Neighbours...insecticide seems to be the way to go just book them a de-bugging free of charge!! :cool: