Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Things that people do that piss you off...

Things that people do that piss you off...

Old Aug 20th 2013, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Things that people do that piss you off...

Originally Posted by Meow
Is this where I complain about my inbox regularly reaching 90% capacity?
My inbox has just over 5,500 unread emails in it. Every so often I just scroll down to anything older than two months and delete the lot. Liberating.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 2:50 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

No. But PM sent.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 2:53 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dumbo
People on here that I don't know sending me PMs asking me for a favour, without actually saying what the favour is. Whats that all about?
And the regular requests on LinkedIn asking me to endorse someone I don't even know. They're usually of a certain nationality, perhaps next time I'll give an endorsement with heavy sarcasm...
Old Aug 20th 2013, 2:55 pm
Hit 16's

Marking up wine by 4-5x in a restaurant, and that's on the ridiculously high price in the supermarket of local wine.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
My inbox has just over 5,500 unread emails in it. Every so often I just scroll down to anything older than two months and delete the lot. Liberating.
OI! I have messaged you before...are you saying that you delete my message without even looking at it??
Old Aug 20th 2013, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
OI! I have messaged you before...are you saying that you delete my message without even looking at it??
No, I mean my work email inbox...I read and repl to you on here. About to dig out the one with the cleaners number!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 4:00 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Sure why not, next you can tell us how many friends you have on facebook.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

• People who walk through a door and then let it swing closed regardless of if there’s anyone behind them.
• People who don’t acknowledge that you’ve held the door for them, or make any effort to take over holding it open from you as they walk through it.
• Parents/nannies who think it’s ok for their children to use the gym as a play area.
• Group of, usually men, who go to the gym together and co-opt a load of equipment then spend all their time there messing around/texting/looking at themselves/each other in the mirror.
• When people at work are unnecessarily obstructive and will only do things if asked by someone in a ‘rank’ higher than them.
• Taxi drivers who treat the accelerator like an on/off switch that they flick every few seconds.
• People who have no etiquette at the bar – if your there first you get served first, it’s easy.
• People who get unnecessarily angry with and rude to bar/restaurant/shop staff – they forgot to bring you a fork, they didn’t take a dump on your pillow, calm down!
Old Aug 21st 2013, 5:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
• People who walk through a door and then let it swing closed regardless of if there’s anyone behind them.
• People who don’t acknowledge that you’ve held the door for them, or make any effort to take over holding it open from you as they walk through it.
• People who have no etiquette at the bar – if your there first you get served first, it’s easy.
• People who get unnecessarily angry with and rude to bar/restaurant/shop staff – they forgot to bring you a fork, they didn’t take a dump on your pillow, calm down!
Yes, yes, yes, yes.

The holding a door for other people annoys me. Especially when you've stood, waited, holding, made eye contact and they just breeze through...normally a quick "you're ****ing welcome" makes them blush.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

When people text me or message me with only one or two words! "ok" or "fine"
Grrr
Old Aug 21st 2013, 6:01 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dumbo
Sure why not, next you can tell us how many friends you have on facebook.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 6:03 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
And the regular requests on LinkedIn asking me to endorse someone I don't even know. They're usually of a certain nationality, perhaps next time I'll give an endorsement with heavy sarcasm...
Surely the names that come up for endoresement are only for people you have agreed to connect to?

I don't think the endorsements on LinkedIn meansmuch at all. It's the recommendations that are worthwhile.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 8:21 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Whoooosh.....yes it was dumb-o of me.

Last edited by Dumbo; Aug 21st 2013 at 9:03 am. Reason: original was a dumb-o comment
Old Aug 21st 2013, 8:50 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
• Taxi drivers who treat the accelerator like an on/off switch that they flick every few seconds.

this one drives me absolutely crackers especially when cornering