Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Things that people do that piss you off...

Things that people do that piss you off...

Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Things that people do that piss you off...

Originally Posted by Millhouse
hummm. I never normally react to this sort of thing, but I was in a bad mood once and did something similar to a taxi. I was doing 140 in the fast lane, he was flash flash flash and so close I couldn't see him flashing.

I pull over and let him pass. I then proceeded to push him all the way up to 170km while 6 inches from his rear bumper and with my full beam lighting the entire inside of his car (I was in a 4x4). He eventually pulled over and let me pass when he realized I wasn't going to slow.

I continued at 135km.

He kept his distance and stayed behind.

My mrs hammers me for doing stuff like that....let's face it, it's ****ing stupid and we shouldn't but sometimes you need to make your point (not that I think it will generally make a shred of difference to whoever it is in the long run).

Self-gratifying though.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:21 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JessicaW
People that put salt on their food at restaurants before they taste it.
This pisses you off? You need to relax a bit JessicaW.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:23 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dumbo
This pisses you off? You need to relax a bit JessicaW.
It pisses me off if someone does that to a meal I have have cooked. It's impolite.

If you haven't tasted something how do you know that it requires salt or that the chef hasn't seasoned it properly, what with that being part of the preparation of a meal?
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
My mrs hammers me for doing stuff like that....let's face it, it's ****ing stupid and we shouldn't but sometimes you need to make your point (not that I think it will generally make a shred of difference to whoever it is in the long run).

Self-gratifying though.
I was alone, it was late and the road empty. Hence why I did it. But yes, utterly stupid and self satisfying.

Last edited by Millhouse; Aug 20th 2013 at 11:28 am.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:27 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
It pisses me off if someone does that to a meal I have have cooked. It's impolite.

If you haven't tasted something how do you know that it requires salt or that the chef hasn't seasoned it properly, what with that being part of the preparation of a meal?
The post was about a restaurant not your cooking Meow.

Who cares if people in restaurants put salt on their food before tasting it? If that kind of thing pisses you off then you must lead a pretty stressed out life.

Not disagreeing with your statement, in fact I agree. But should it really piss you off?
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:29 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The post was about a restaurant not your cooking Meow.

Who cares if people in restaurants put salt on their food before tasting it? If that kind of thing pisses you off then you must lead a pretty stressed out life.

Not disagreeing with your statement, in fact I agree. But should it really piss you off?

Not piss me off, but I'd assume that person had no taste buds or a lousy palate. And probably high blood pressure too!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

Self-gratifying though.
Must admit a couple of weeks ago coming back from Shabby Dhabi, usual happens Range Rover Sport up my jacksy flashing his lights so I just put my hand up and waved, but did not move over and carried on for another couple of km`s, I then decided point made, moved over and the vehicle comes past me very slowly with front and back windows open, I though shit now I am going to get some abuse....but no, just 4 locals cruising past me waving and laughing......pissed myself laughing...nearly restored my faith in the human race!!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:32 am
N/A

Originally Posted by Meow
Not piss me off, but I'd assume that person had no taste buds or a lousy palate. And probably high blood pressure too!
So you agree with my original post then......bearing in mind this is a thread about things that piss you off.

I also agree that you should be pissed off if you cooked the meal.

But I think some people do it from habit more than anything. My wife is one she puts salt on everything, without tasting. I on the other hand only ever use it in the cooking process never add it to a plated meal.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:34 am
N/A

People on here that I don't know sending me PMs asking me for a favour, without actually saying what the favour is. Whats that all about?
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I was alone, it was late and the road empty. Hence why I did it. But yes, utterly stupid and self satisfying.
I'm more likely to be that person to retaliate when alone.

I tried left foot braking on a guy a few weeks ago, he SHIT himself. It was epic when I then moved over and he was going mental that he nearly crashed.

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Must admit a couple of weeks ago coming back from Shabby Dhabi, usual happens Range Rover Sport up my jacksy flashing his lights so I just put my hand up and waved, but did not move over and carried on for another couple of km`s, I then decided point made, moved over and the vehicle comes past me very slowly with front and back windows open, I though shit now I am going to get some abuse....but no, just 4 locals cruising past me waving and laughing......pissed myself laughing...nearly restored my faith in the human race!!
Sound like a good bunch of lads. I beeped a Range Rover today because he was drifting over into my lane going round a corner, nothing mental, just a little toot to wake him up. Western bloke, hand went straight up apologizing and I could see him saying 'sorry'. Chuckled, because it's exactly what I would have done.

But I think some people do it from habit more than anything. My wife is one she puts salt on everything, without tasting. I on the other hand only ever use it in the cooking process never add it to a plated meal.
I have a pal who salts up everything, watching him eat a Big Mac at a service station was something else....bite, chew, salt on the next bit, bite, chew, repeat.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I normally just bang the hazards lights on when someone gets too close, works every time
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Ages ago going over Busy Bay Bridge. Chilling while driving along at 120ish with cars in front so I can go no faster. Cue a prick nailed to my bumper and flashing.... I was in the Jeep so I pulled over and the guy flew forward about 30m ahead of me. On go my full beams, twin KC highlighters and 4 Hella Maxi's across the roof. If was like it was daylight for this guy. Funny thing is a guy in another 4x4 (also with several spots) thought it was so funny (he had seen the prick on my bumper) that he pulled over next to me and we double teamed him. Ahhhhh I smiled on the inside. Immature and pointless but hey, see if I care!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:56 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

People on here that I don't know sending me PMs asking me for a favour, without actually saying what the favour is. Whats that all about?
Yep, I had one of those too from someone who appreciates a particular type of hot beverage.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 12:02 pm
N/A

Originally Posted by Kix
Yep, I had one of those too from someone who appreciates a particular type of hot beverage.
Its a complete abuse of the PM system, as we all know PMs should only ever be used to arrange illicit sexual liasons.........wait maybe thats what he was after?
Old Aug 20th 2013, 12:40 pm
Bored liberal

Is this where I complain about my inbox regularly reaching 90% capacity?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.