Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Things that made / make me happy....

Things that made / make me happy....

Old Jun 15th 2009, 11:50 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that made / make me happy....

Originally Posted by Alexa
You sound a lot like my husband when it comes to "the baby" aka bike.
His is a Fat Boy though.
Congratulations, he must be a sound lad! You are a lucky girl.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:07 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

Makes me happy:

My family
My friends
Reading a great book accompanied with a Vodka & Coke
Chocolate
Shoes
The Maldives
My work (no joke)
Smell of fresh cut grass
Smell of White Company Winter Range Candles
Weekends away
Cats
A long soak in a hot bath, with music on in the background, whilst reading a good book, accompanied with a vodka & coke

Going to make me happy:
My 2 week vacation in the UK in August (escape the Dubai Heat & Humidity)
My next shopping trip to Leeds and hitting the Victoria Quarters
Getting handover 2 years late on my apartment in RAK (will allow for more weekends away)
When "he in doors" finally says yes we can get a cat and I will suffer the allergies
My next trip to the Maldives

and loads more......
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Can you not dive in Singapore?

-
you can dive at Pulau Huntu. one of the small islands off singapore but its supposed to be a waste of time. 2m viz if you are lucky.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:29 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

similar to RK...

1. family
2. bike
3. family
4. lycra
5. family
6. turbo trainer
7.family
8. stella
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:55 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Congratulations, he must be a sound lad! You are a lucky girl.
tell you what there;s some arab dudes who hang around next to spinneys at jumeirah, at the coffee shop on the corner and they have some proper beautiful bikes.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
similar to RK...

1. family
2. bike
3. family
4. lycra
5. family
6. turbo trainer
7.family
8. stella

What a let down.....................nothing should come before the Leuven brew!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:59 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moto111
Makes me happy:

My family
My friends
Reading a great book accompanied with a Vodka & Coke
Chocolate
Shoes
The Maldives
My work (no joke)
Smell of fresh cut grass
Smell of White Company Winter Range Candles
Weekends away
Cats
A long soak in a hot bath, with music on in the background, whilst reading a good book, accompanied with a vodka & coke

Going to make me happy:
My 2 week vacation in the UK in August (escape the Dubai Heat & Humidity)
My next shopping trip to Leeds and hitting the Victoria Quarters
Getting handover 2 years late on my apartment in RAK (will allow for more weekends away)
When "he in doors" finally says yes we can get a cat and I will suffer the allergies
My next trip to the Maldives

and loads more......
My folks are in the Maldives right now. Lucky gits.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:12 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
My sons being born and growing up healthy and becoming my best mates
My Mum for the way she struggled to bring us up, and the love & support she gives tirelessly

Then in no particular order.....

Walking my dog
Good company
My ipod full of my music
Bruce Springsteen's concerts & music
Buying a new gadget
A good book
Buying a DVD
Reminiscing about school / teenage days with old friends
Great sex
A tidy house with the windows open, letting in a summer breeze
Landing in Gatwick or Heathrow and going home
Photography
Blowjobs (
Dew on the grass on a sunny spring morning
Going to Upton Park and sitting in my season ticket seat to see West Ham play and singing Im Forever Blowing Bubbles
Tits

Over to you lot....
In no certain order:

Music, especially old stuff that reminds me of being a kid, Madness etc
the smell of freshly cut grass
playing football at safa park, sun shining and not a care in the world
lovely natural tits, small or big. Or even medium sized.
stagg dos with the lads or any sort of 'lads night out'
love
my cat
lots of beer
watching footy
being with my mates
my gorgeous wife
watching funny things happen in real life, like a shelf falling on someone head
a nice cup of tea, 2 sugars
proper fish and chips with batter
getting cheeky smiles off random girls I'll never see again in my life
my family
being back home and hearing geordie accents
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:37 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

What WILL make me happy is getting my hip replaced. I am in ****ing agony.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spugsy
In no certain order:

Music, especially old stuff that reminds me of being a kid, Madness etc
the smell of freshly cut grass
playing football at safa park, sun shining and not a care in the world
lovely natural tits, small or big. Or even medium sized.
stagg dos with the lads or any sort of 'lads night out'
love
my cat
lots of beer
watching footy
being with my mates
my gorgeous wife
watching funny things happen in real life, like a shelf falling on someone head
a nice cup of tea, 2 sugars
proper fish and chips with batter
getting cheeky smiles off random girls I'll never see again in my life
my family
being back home and hearing geordie accents
Hey Spugsy - we have some similarities here - I usually wet myself when someone has any kind of accident....... the harder they hurt, the more I laugh - terrible but I can't help it

My beloved parrot who talks and sings all day
my husband playing the piano like he's doing right now
Our beautiful german shepherd who won't go anywhere without me
baking sourdough bread - the smell is always to die for and then counting minutes till it's cool enough to eat the crust with tons of butter melting into it
Driving my stang with the hood down and a Pink Floyd dvd playing very loudly
Creating special things with lots and lots of crystals
reading a book all night because I just cannot put it down
my old mediterranean courtyard covered in bougainvillae of all colours - damn I hate that we sold that farmhouse!

and lots more ..........
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:45 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
tell you what there;s some arab dudes who hang around next to spinneys at jumeirah, at the coffee shop on the corner and they have some proper beautiful bikes.
Probaly the Black Eagles if they are local, Desert Warriors if they are mixed bag of Arabs and Expats or Phoenix Riders if they are Lebs.

All good lads and some nice scoots! I have some cracking pics of some really sweet bikes and all mainly in the UAE.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:32 am

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

... so many things ... but the look of my 5-yr old boy when I come to pick him up from school ... that's my dad ... or when I am tired and torn apart and he comes and lay down next to me and hugs me ... priceless

materialistic ... my nissan gtr