Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Things to do in the UAE before you leave

Things to do in the UAE before you leave

Old May 5th 2011, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Things to do in the UAE before you leave

I've been here long enough that I should have done a bit more than I have so am starting a strict regimne to get off my ass and do the things I really should do whilst I am still here, so I'm off to see the Sheik Zayed Mosque next weekend, am thinking a weekend in Egypt to see the pyramids is required (its safe there now isnt it?) so what else should I definately aim to do- bare in mind most of these things will be done on my own so no romantic hotel trips are required.

so what are the must do things of the UAE and Middle East?
Old May 5th 2011, 8:57 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things to do in the UAE before you leave

Off the top of my head.
Have you been to Hatta fort, Hatta pools, trip into the mountains round Hatta ray and filli, camped in the desert, camped on the beach, visited al ain, gone to the old date farm in al ain, gone up jebel hafeet, visited rak, gone to rak museum, gone to fujirah swum in the Indian ocean, blue souq in Sharjah, seen the dunes in Liwa, gone to the fish souq in Dubai, wandered round Deira souq area and got lost, gone to the musandam, hili fort in al ain, watch a camel race,

Tons of stuff will post more after ive had a think
Old May 5th 2011, 8:58 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been taken up the Burj Khalifa?
Old May 5th 2011, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Have you been taken up the Burj Khalifa?
I took her up the Jebel Hafeet once but she wouldn't let me near the Burj
Old May 5th 2011, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 5th 2011, 10:19 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

3am shawarma at Al Mallah in Dhiyafa after a night out at the Iranian night club in Deira
Old May 5th 2011, 10:25 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc
3am shawarma at Al Mallah in Dhiyafa after a night out at the Iranian night club in Deira
ah...is that were you go after the quiz...
Old May 5th 2011, 10:49 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you done the Valley of the Kings and the incredible Temples of Luxor yet? You can fly there from Dubai for only a few hundred bob.
Old May 5th 2011, 11:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I want to go to Jordan, and Lebanon before I leave and stay in the Burj Al Arab at some point as well.
Old May 5th 2011, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I've been here long enough that I should have done a bit more than I have so am starting a strict regimne to get off my ass and do the things I really should do whilst I am still here, so I'm off to see the Sheik Zayed Mosque next weekend, am thinking a weekend in Egypt to see the pyramids is required (its safe there now isnt it?) so what else should I definately aim to do- bare in mind most of these things will be done on my own so no romantic hotel trips are required.

so what are the must do things of the UAE and Middle East?
Beruit i'd recommend , great city , good bars , good restaurants and pretty nice people i found . Probably better with friends but still a good place to visit .
Old May 5th 2011, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Petra in Jordan is fantastic, and the Jordanians a very friendly bunch.
Old May 5th 2011, 12:10 pm
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

Dune bashing - driving yourself is so much fun - with BBQ/shisha afterwards.*

Mussandan gets my vote - do the dolphin cruise.

*I belong to AD4x4 club and would be happy to have you along as a passenger if you are interested.
Old May 5th 2011, 12:21 pm