British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   They know who I am (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/they-know-who-i-am-857928/)

Bahtatboy May 10th 2015 7:26 am

They know who I am

8 ****ing passport checks at Casablanca airport. Check in, entry to immigration area, money-check man, security, actual immigration man, man 3 metres behind immigration, embarkation, man 2 metres behind embarkation. I thought the stewardess was going to too, but she just wanted to see my boarding pass which had been issued at the top of the air bridge and then checked by the man 2 metres after it had been issued. So they know who I am, but no requirement to take laptops or iPads out to be checked individually.

scot47 May 10th 2015 8:21 am

Re: They know who I am

So you won't be going back ?

Bahtatboy May 10th 2015 1:25 pm

Not today, no.

Irishbeekeeper May 10th 2015 3:39 pm

Maybe it is on account of your achingly good looks that every single one of them wanted to look again and again at your passport picture??
Were they all male checkers who stopped you btw? ;) :D :D

Bahtatboy May 10th 2015 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11642043)
Maybe it is on account of your achingly good looks that every single one of them wanted to look again and again at your passport picture??
Were they all male checkers who stopped you btw? ;) :D :D

Er...yes :o

scrubbedexpat141 May 11th 2015 5:03 am

Sounds like fun.

A bit like entering the States. We used to own that bunch, how dare they question me on which car company are picking us up, which hotel we're staying in, why our flight was delayed.

Mr Weeze May 11th 2015 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11641801)
8 ****ing passport checks at Casablanca airport. Check in, entry to immigration area, money-check man, security, actual immigration man, man 3 metres behind immigration, embarkation, man 2 metres behind embarkation. I thought the stewardess was going to too, but she just wanted to see my boarding pass which had been issued at the top of the air bridge and then checked by the man 2 metres after it had been issued. So they know who I am, but no requirement to take laptops or iPads out to be checked individually.

Sounds like Equatorial Guinea. What's that you say, Mr. President, full employment? On an unrelated topic, did you know your airport has amongst the highest landing fees anywhere in the world?

Boomhauer May 12th 2015 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11642477)
Sounds like fun.

A bit like entering the States. We used to own that bunch, how dare they question me on which car company are picking us up, which hotel we're staying in, why our flight was delayed.

Well it could have been worse:lol:

"2 TSA officers fired after plotting to grope attractive men, police say"

TSA officers fired for plotting to grope men - CNN.com

Aussie airport customs are ridiculously lenient with this obnoxious Israeli tourist. If this had been the US, he would have received a free physical ...in a rough manner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p03sSEyHiAw

TGFKASE May 12th 2015 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11642477)
Sounds like fun.

Ive been in and out of the US multiple times over the last 10-15 years, and never had these kinda questions asked, even with multiple ME stamps and visa's in my passport..

Bahtatboy May 12th 2015 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze (Post 11642850)
On an unrelated topic, did you know your airport has amongst the highest landing fees anywhere in the world?

It must be on account of the world-class facilities available there.

Spoiler:
Can you spot the missing word?

scrubbedexpat141 May 12th 2015 10:54 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 11643571)
Ive been in and out of the US multiple times over the last 10-15 years, and never had these kinda questions asked, even with multiple ME stamps and visa's in my passport..

This was years ago, probably 2003. It was just my Mummy and I as well. Honestly, it went on for quite some time, to the point that she had the confirmation of the car pick up, hotel and return flights all out to show.

Bizarre.

Mr Weeze May 12th 2015 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11643597)
It must be on account of the world-class facilities available there.

Spoiler:
Can you spot the missing word?

It's a shit-ton better than it used to be, which isn't saying much. There is even a business class lounge now - complete with one person to write your name, flight and passport number in a book and the other to actually get you the drink. I never did try the sandwich right before the 20 hours of travelling back to the US.

Bahtatboy May 12th 2015 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze (Post 11643663)
It's a shit-ton better than it used to be, which isn't saying much. There is even a business class lounge now - complete with one person to write your name, flight and passport number in a book and the other to actually get you the drink. I never did try the sandwich right before the 20 hours of travelling back to the US.

Yeah, they're great at that sort of thing. Between the money-check man in immigration and the actual immigration men (there were about 8 booths manned), there were two security x-ray machines in use, but just one guy body-checking everyone (and a female officer on hand for female passengers). Inefficiency epitomised.

TGFKASE May 13th 2015 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11643641)
This was years ago, probably 2003. It was just my Mummy and I as well. Honestly, it went on for quite some time, to the point that she had the confirmation of the car pick up, hotel and return flights all out to show.

Bizarre.

I flew into Houston from Saudi Arabia in Nov 2001, whilst 9/11 was still VERY fresh in their heads..

Im told my black hair, goatee beard and 1000-yard stare on my passport photo looked like a terrorist, and I have to admit the Immigration guys eyes slowly widened and widened as he flicked thru my passport.. KSA, Q8, Bahrain, etc etc. I honestly started to think he was gonna start applying the talc and snapping a rubber glove until he asked who I worked for.. When I pointed out that, until recently my boss had been Dick Cheney, I got waved thru... y'all have a good day, now..

scrubbedexpat141 May 13th 2015 7:12 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 11644441)
I flew into Houston from Saudi Arabia in Nov 2001, whilst 9/11 was still VERY fresh in their heads..

Im told my black hair, goatee beard and 1000-yard stare on my passport photo looked like a terrorist, and I have to admit the Immigration guys eyes slowly widened and widened as he flicked thru my passport.. KSA, Q8, Bahrain, etc etc. I honestly started to think he was gonna start applying the talc and snapping a rubber glove until he asked who I worked for.. When I pointed out that, until recently my boss had been Dick Cheney, I got waved thru... y'all have a good day, now..

:rofl::rofl: Quality.

Post 9/11 I can understand that flicking through a passport with those stamps might have aroused some concern!