British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   These books full of vouchers.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/these-books-full-vouchers-588419/)

Spugsy Feb 1st 2009 4:26 am

These books full of vouchers....

...that you pay for and get loads of 'buy one get one free' things,

We've got some mates coming over in a few weeks and will be going on desert safari and loads of stuff, meals and that,

am I right in thinking they run from the start of the year? So now would be a good time to get one?

Are they worth getting??

ta.:unsure:

TGFKASE Feb 1st 2009 4:33 am

Re: These books full of vouchers....

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7234972)

We've got some mates coming over in a few weeks and will be going on desert safari and loads of stuff, meals and that,

am I right in thinking they run from the start of the year? So now would be a good time to get one?

Are they worth getting??

Aye, they start from Jan 1. So, aye, now would be a good time to get one...

Worth getting? Im pretty sure I have recouped the cost already..........

Sky Blue Feb 1st 2009 4:36 am

Are they worth getting??

Yeah I think they are worth getting, its called the Entertainer and there are a few different ones, from Fine Dining (two for one main courses) to Kids and another one which name escapes me but it includes cheaper eats and also attractions too, desert safari and all...

Bascially a meal at the meat Co (a personal favourite) pays for the fine dining one!

You can check out a display model to see what is in each... They started from Jan 09

They are availble at all good book shops ;)

Spugsy Feb 1st 2009 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Sky Blue (Post 7234987)
Yeah I think they are worth getting, its called the Entertainer and there are a few different ones, from Fine Dining (two for one main courses) to Kids and another one which name escapes me but it includes cheaper eats and also attractions too, desert safari and all...

Bascially a meal at the meat Co (a personal favourite) pays for the fine dining one!

You can check out a display model to see what is in each... They started from Jan 09

They are availble at all good book shops ;)

I bloody love the meat company....aye well sounds good, they sell them in spinneys actually where Is aw you last week, may have a peek at them today,

oh and I'm finishing early today to go and watch the toon v rat-shaggers match at Barasti....

Blue Cat Feb 1st 2009 4:44 am

Are they worth getting??

very definately!! worth every dirham! get one ASAP :thumbup:

Spugsy Feb 1st 2009 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7235003)
very definately!! worth every dirham! get one ASAP :thumbup:

think I will petal, may check them all out.

MataHari Feb 1st 2009 4:47 am

bought one the first year we were here....waste of money...

Blue Cat Feb 1st 2009 4:52 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7235006)
bought one the first year we were here....waste of money...

how can you say that, one visit to Atlantis and it has paid for itself :confused:

MataHari Feb 1st 2009 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7235014)
how can you say that, one visit to Atlantis and it has paid for itself :confused:

Atlantis wasn't there yet...

Blue Cat Feb 1st 2009 4:54 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7235016)
Atlantis wasn't there yet...

yeah I know but we got it the first year and did the safari and a few dinners in the first month and it was paid for. I think they are really good. We got the kids one this year.

Spugsy Feb 1st 2009 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7235017)
yeah I know but we got it the first year and did the safari and a few dinners in the first month and it was paid for. I think they are really good. We got the kids one this year.

aye we've got trips and places to go to do, we haven;t done much 'touristy' stuff since we got here to be honest.

MataHari Feb 1st 2009 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7235017)

it's just not my kind of thing I suppose...either I didn't have the book with me as we often ended up going somewhere unexpected or the vouchers were not valid for what we wanted...

Bison Feb 1st 2009 5:00 am

oh and I'm finishing early today to go and watch the toon v rat-shaggers match at Barasti....
Who are the rat-shaggers?

And what time is kick off, I might be up for that, didn't know they were showing at Barasti anymore and normally they have the sound turned down, which is really Gay.

Bison

Blue Cat Feb 1st 2009 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7235029)

And what time is kick off, I might be up for that, didn't know they were showing at Barasti anymore and normally they have the sound turned down, which is really Gay.

Bison

sunderland :)

Spugsy Feb 1st 2009 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7235029)

Bison

Sunderland mate,

5.30pm ko, there'll be a ton of geordies there....