British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Is there someone for everyone? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/there-someone-everyone-574567/)

admon Nov 23rd 2008 9:29 am

Re: Is there someone for everyone?

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7000729)
I disagree, there is no way I could fall for some old minger, just cos she made me laugh...

for once we agree on something.

The very point I was trying to make is that attractive women don't go for these ugly stange looking guys for their personality - its usually for cash, power, status or all 3.

But of course the women won't admit it... its a bit like saying I'm a hooker..

The Dean Nov 23rd 2008 9:57 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7000729)
I disagree, there is no way I could fall for some old minger, just cos she made me laugh...

Iain Dowie was a minger who made people laugh................

Squirty Cream Nov 23rd 2008 10:07 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 7000773)

The very point I was trying to make is that attractive women don't go for these ugly stange looking guys for their personality - its usually for cash, power, status or all 3.

How remarkable - you claim to know the entire world population of women and the way they behave - extraordinary!

Beware that such generalistic assumptions may jump and bite you somewhere it hurts, if you don't get booted there by a pointy shoe first! You really have no idea about women do you? Besides which, such relationship ignorance will probably destine you to a lonely old age. :)

BangleMan Nov 23rd 2008 10:48 am

Sadly not Admon, the point I was making is that "I" couldnt be attracted to some old munter, just because she made me laugh. I wasnt generalising about women and what they like or dont like.....

I cant remember who said it, but I do agree with whoever posted it, saying that in my own experience "I" would have be attracted to someone in the first place, to even start talking to them in a bar / club etc and then "I" may or may not like them / they may or may not make me laugh etc

I do also know however that some people can get talking to someone who initially they dont find attractive but who, in time, because of their personality, end up falling for them

BangleMan Nov 23rd 2008 10:49 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7000821)
Iain Dowie was a minger who made people laugh................

lol.......OMG, Im agreeing with The Dean......pass me the valium !!

MataHari Nov 23rd 2008 10:53 am

I never said that sense of humour (or making me laugh) would be the only reason...I do know however that I have met goodlooking guys that were so completely and utterly boring that they became ugly after talking to them for a while...and that I have met not so goodlooking guys that made me laugh and who I therefore 'clicked' with and they could capture my attention...
and no...nothing to do with beergoggles thank you very much...

Charismatic Nov 23rd 2008 11:03 am

its usually for cash, power, status or all 3.

He's not wrong though you know.

I look at it like this, women want to get the measure of a man. In some ways status is important, what sort of social circles does he move in etc? But we live in a society where subtle indications of wealth and status are more important, does he dress well, drive a nice car and have a nice house?

Even subtle behaviors betray people, does he appear confident or witty for example. Small things like if a guy has female company can be important, is he making them laugh? Is he trying to please them or just being himself with them?

There is quite a good show on VH1 at the moment called "The Pickup Artist" which features a few professional dating coaches trying to teach geeks to chat up women with funny/cring worthy/sometimes brilliant results:

:lol:

The Dean Nov 23rd 2008 11:03 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7000931)
I never said that sense of humour (or making me laugh) would be the only reason...I do know however that I have met goodlooking guys that were so completely and utterly boring that they became ugly after talking to them for a while...and that I have met not so goodlooking guys that made me laugh and who I therefore 'clicked' with and they could capture my attention...
and no...nothing to do with beergoggles thank you very much...

So which category do I come into?

[Suddenly, sensing the potential explosion he was about to trigger, The Dean ran for cover, throwing himself behind a bomb-proof glass screen............]

MataHari Nov 23rd 2008 11:05 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7000951)
So which category do I come into?

[Suddenly, sensing the potential explosion he was about to trigger, The Dean ran for cover, throwing himself behind a bomb-proof glass screen............]

well....I guess you fall into the ugly AND boring category...and that is ugly without even having been goodlooking to start with

Charismatic Nov 23rd 2008 11:13 am

So is Mick Jagger sexy? :lol:

Women seem to think he is even though his skin could stretch to accomadate a man twice his size :p.

The Dean Nov 23rd 2008 11:14 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7000954)
well....I guess you fall into the ugly AND boring category...and that is ugly without even having been goodlooking to start with

You fancy me, don't you?

MataHari Nov 23rd 2008 11:16 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7000980)
You fancy me, don't you?

hell yeah...

Charismatic Nov 23rd 2008 11:16 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7000931)
I do know however that I have met goodlooking guys that were so completely and utterly boring that they became ugly after talking to them for a while...

But...I didn't even get to tell you about my model railway or explain how different audio formats work :(.

MataHari Nov 23rd 2008 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 7000988)
But...I didn't even get to tell you about my model railway or explain how different audio formats work :(.

thank god for that.

Charismatic Nov 23rd 2008 11:30 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7000993)
thank god for that.

Men communicate in MP3, women in .wav.

The problem is it's not funny if you have to explain the joke :p.