Wikiposts

is there....

Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:07 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is there....

Originally Posted by Confucius
If he sees the damage it will cause to the federal budget he will be the bloodhound that will bite your leg off!!!
let's see...
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
let's see...
GL, babeeehhh...
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:14 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

let's see...
MH, have you tried the gem geezers at the gold souk? Choose your own stones and setting and they will make it for you in a matter of days. Bought Mrs RK some Emeralds and matched the whole set; earings, necklace and ring. And a damn site cheaper than the retailers. I have a business card somewhere if you are interested.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all

yes...there are diamonds involved...
it's 30,000 and they dropped to 21,000 already...just wondering if it's worth trying for more...
A neat little trick I picked up...

You say "What? 21.000?", I say 8.000, so let's meet each other halfway at 9.000....

The guy will say "No way... 17.500 at least" then you reply "In your dreams salesman..." and offer 10.000 maximum. Give him back the jewelry and slowly walk away. Chances are he'll reply "Okay, for 11.000 it's yours..."

Learned that trick in Holland actually....
Old Dec 19th 2008, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

go for 50% off...i'd be amazed if you didn't get it...

MM, xx
Old Dec 19th 2008, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

USExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to allUSExpat is a name known to all

some standard percentage that you can talk off jewellery...
seen a nice bracelet but I've heard that you never should pay what they ask for...
But you could always give your husband a hint "Isn't it time you really, really spoiled me?"
Old Dec 19th 2008, 6:57 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

some standard percentage that you can talk off jewellery...
seen a nice bracelet but I've heard that you never should pay what they ask for...
mrs spugsy was talking to a guy from tiffanys the other day, and they say they can always knock off 25%, last time she was in she went to pay and as they rang it through they went 'on and 10% off of course' for no reason,

she wasn't complaining mind...
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:24 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

MH how many diamonds are involved? I would offer 10k, seriously.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

And I thought there was a credit squeeze! What on earth did your husband do to deserve paying that amount for jewellery? By the way, retailers complain about the massive rents they have to pay at DFC so might it not be more prudent to try the Gold Souk, where they can make a bracelet to your exact specification at a price you can afford.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 4:54 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
And I thought there was a credit squeeze! What on earth did your husband do to deserve paying that amount for jewellery? By the way, retailers complain about the massive rents they have to pay at DFC so might it not be more prudent to try the Gold Souk, where they can make a bracelet to your exact specification at a price you can afford.
surely you mean what did she do to deserve that..?
Old Dec 20th 2008, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Find out what the exchange rate of (for example) gold is on the day you go. Then check out how many grams are written on the label.

The price they charge will be the gold price x grams + markup for work done + markup for trying to get more out of you!

Then you will roughly be able to figure out what the price of trying to get more out of you is, and try and deduct that!!

Also let them know you know the price of gold on that day.
Old Dec 20th 2008, 1:51 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: is there....

Originally Posted by Confucius
Rule of thumb...
He should have to speak to the manager before concluding the sale, but you don't want to do the sale with the manager so only activly re-engage the salesperson if the manager tries to take over the sale.

Build rapport with the salesperson (If there is more than one make sure and talk to both), make them feel as if you find them charming and pleasant. A good salesperson will look for commonalities between you anyway. Don't talk about any financial aspect of the exchange until you are ready to conclude the sale. The salesperson will be eager to preserve your happy emotional state so will go low rather than getting into a circle of counter offers.

Most of all know how much you are willing to pay and stick to it!

Go alone so you can use the "Maybe I should ask my husband first" line, the salesperson will not want a third more grounded person talking you out of it.

Mention your husbands birthday, have a look at some watches (or cufflinks if you must) and ask some sensible questions. Repeat business is very valuable in retail.

When he does make a final offer have your payment in your hand, outstretch your hand palm upwards and offer the price level you where at before he made his "final offer". Try to use minimal eye contact as to appear less aggressive at this point.

If all that fails maybe you should read some of Derren Browns books so you can get the goods by convincing him used cinema tickets are accepted payment .

For a customer, dealing with a professional salesperson should be a privilege if that person is performing their job correctly so make sure to thank them .

Last edited by Charismatic; Dec 20th 2008 at 1:53 am.