Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Thanks for all the advise................

Thanks for all the advise................

Old May 6th 2009, 9:50 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thanks for all the advise................

I didn't gain weight when I came out here.

Then again, I was one of the few mad people who went running in Dubai in July and August.....

The idea of losing weight when it's very hot stems from that heat takes away your appetite, and you sweat more (there goes all the extra calories).

But that doesn't factor in a sedentary lifestyle and the highly processed, high fat and high sodium takeaway menus.

I'll second the others above and say that the real dangers to gaining weight is the sedentary lifestyle and that you will eat out/takeaway much more often than you might expect.
Old May 6th 2009, 10:03 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
it's best to get a licence, and it's not like it's difficult to get or anything...i think, legally, you need one even to drink in bars here (or am i making that up - anyone??)...i do know there was a recent case of someone being taken to the police station after a cab driver filed a complaint about him for being drunk (he wasn't, and was just returning home from dinner in a hotel with his wife) but if they hadn't had a licence, they probably would have been in big shit...

MM, xx
I had a cab driver try to take me to the police station when I was sick on him a while ago....
Old May 6th 2009, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

best to have a licence, covers you and guests if things get a bit rowdy in the back garden...

but don't use it for quench, just head to barracuda
Old May 6th 2009, 10:38 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I had a cab driver try to take me to the police station when I was sick on him a while ago....
i assume a rather large tip was paid?
Old May 6th 2009, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha, i'd have defo taken you to a police station if you'd been sick in my car, do you know how bleedin difficult it is to get rid of that smell...!!!

MM, xx
Old May 6th 2009, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Julia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really nice

hahaha, i'd have defo taken you to a police station if you'd been sick in my car, do you know how bleedin difficult it is to get rid of that smell...!!!

MM, xx
eeuuuuhhhh - but you did make me laugh!!!
Old May 6th 2009, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Julia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really nice

sorry - just realised my hideous spelling

Thanks for all the advice
Old May 6th 2009, 12:08 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julia12
sorry - just realised my hideous spelling

Thanks for all the advice
So you should be; eeuuuhhww is the correct spelling.
Old May 6th 2009, 1:01 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
i assume a rather large tip was paid?
erm, I'm embarassed to tell you how much, he was a strict muslim, he wagged his finger at me and said 'look at my cab',

then I spewed on his finger.

Good lord.
Old May 6th 2009, 1:02 pm
why ayeeeee man!

MM, xx
Yeah well I paid my way out of it then ran away,

mrs spugsy answered the door to me looking sorry for myself, she asked what was wrong until she saw me bare chested holding my nice paul shirt shirt literally dripping in spew.

Bleurgh. I am a disgrace.
Old May 6th 2009, 2:00 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah well I paid my way out of it then ran away,

mrs spugsy answered the door to me looking sorry for myself, she asked what was wrong until she saw me bare chested holding my nice paul shirt shirt literally dripping in spew.

Old May 6th 2009, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

you said it, lmao...

MM, xx
Old May 6th 2009, 2:57 pm
why ayeeeee man!

you said it, lmao...

MM, xx
it was a year ago that mind, I'm sure Ive told you all.
Old May 6th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MataHari
all the heat does is take away your will to cook...so you'll be going out for dinner or do takeaways or deliveries more than you would back home...soon you'll be having a kitchendrawer full of menus...
LOL we are like that.