Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Thanks for all the advise................

Wikiposts

Thanks for all the advise................

Old May 5th 2009, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Julia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really nice
Default Thanks for all the advise................

You were all a brilliant help yesterday - feeling much better about moving!!! Planning a dog/cat academy up in my strange dome - along side the boob growing obviously!!

Quick question...do any of you know of a weight watchers meeting in Dubai? Prompted by horrific dreams of having to wear swimwear on a regular basis when I move (i imagine a wet suit might be a little hot even if it would suck it all in and up?!?!?!) I am planning a scourge on my flubber and just wanted to see if I will be able to keep up the meetings once I arrive?????

thank you
Old May 5th 2009, 7:20 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thanks for all the advise................

everybody that moves over here seems to gain weight at first...it's the law
Old May 5th 2009, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MataHari
at first?

Still trying to get rid of mine...
Old May 5th 2009, 7:30 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
at first?

Still trying to get rid of mine...
I was lulling her into a false sense of security...
Old May 5th 2009, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Julia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really niceJulia12 is just really nice

I was lulling her into a false sense of security...
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh - not the news I need! it doesnt just drop off in the heat then?
Old May 5th 2009, 7:34 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

ain't that the truth....
Old May 5th 2009, 7:34 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julia12
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh - not the news I need! it doesnt just drop off in the heat then?
that's maybe the biggest myth of all time,

I mean, how? why? How would being hot make you lose weight? you sweat it off? What a load of cobblers.
Old May 5th 2009, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spugsy
that's maybe the biggest myth of all time,

I mean, how? why? How would being hot make you lose weight? you sweat it off? What a load of cobblers.
gutted - will just have to join a gym I suppose!

The booze thing - do most people get a license to buy or do you just go out a lot??
Old May 5th 2009, 7:37 pm
hmmmm...nice

all the heat does is take away your will to cook...so you'll be going out for dinner or do takeaways or deliveries more than you would back home...soon you'll be having a kitchendrawer full of menus...
Old May 5th 2009, 7:40 pm
why ayeeeee man!

The booze thing - do most people get a license to buy or do you just go out a lot??
You can get a licence then buy it from the off licence places, but mostly you just go out and drink.

It's pricey mind you, buying wine over here isn't cheap for a start, we have 2 mates coming over last night and tonight and they have brought us a stack of drink.
Old May 5th 2009, 7:40 pm
why ayeeeee man!

all the heat does is take away your will to cook...so you'll be going out for dinner or do takeaways or deliveries more than you would back home...soon you'll be having a kitchendrawer full of menus...
and the heat means you hardly walk anywhere as well, so less exercise.
Old May 5th 2009, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

No lack of walking anywhere, excessive take away usage (I think it took us about 3 months before we started cooking regularly!), lots of processed type food on offer and general drinkin and laziness all combine really...

Bring bigger clothes i say!!! Buy em in the UK too as they are well overpriced here...
Old May 5th 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
No lack of walking anywhere, excessive take away usage (I think it took us about 3 months before we started cooking regularly!), lots of processed type food on offer and general drinkin and laziness all combine really...

Bring bigger clothes i say!!! Buy em in the UK too as they are well overpriced here...
Yay for elasticated waists!
Old May 5th 2009, 9:37 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

You welcome.

But makes sure your dog balls are chopped. You don't want him shagging arpund he might end up in court like the other british couples shagging in the sea
Old May 5th 2009, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

it's best to get a licence, and it's not like it's difficult to get or anything...i think, legally, you need one even to drink in bars here (or am i making that up - anyone??)...i do know there was a recent case of someone being taken to the police station after a cab driver filed a complaint about him for being drunk (he wasn't, and was just returning home from dinner in a hotel with his wife) but if they hadn't had a licence, they probably would have been in big shit...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.