British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Terminal 5 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/terminal-5-a-525488/)

ScotsExpat Mar 30th 2008 10:58 am

Terminal 5

Just a quickie.......

Anyone travelling thru Europe in the next few weeks, for christ sakes stay away from BA....

I am finally getting my luggage deivered in the next hour or so (but Ill believe it when I see it!!) a day and a half after I arrived.......

Conecting from T5 to the other terminals is an absolute nightmare.... Signs poiting you in the wrong direction, staff dont really have a clue yet either... (not there fault!!) Its just a fiasco that will rank up there with the millenium tent..........

Madam Medusa Mar 30th 2008 11:01 am

Re: Terminal 5

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat (Post 6131609)
Just a quickie.......

Anyone travelling thru Europe in the next few weeks, for christ sakes stay away from BA....

I am finally getting my luggage deivered in the next hour or so (but Ill believe it when I see it!!) a day and a half after I arrived.......

Conecting from T5 to the other terminals is an absolute nightmare.... Signs poiting you in the wrong direction, staff dont really have a clue yet either... (not there fault!!) Its just a fiasco that will rank up there with the millenium tent..........

the coverage about it on sky news is very negative...

MM, xx

Spugsy Mar 30th 2008 11:05 am

Just a quickie.......

I'm off in 9 weeks. I hopew its sorted then, I deteste BA but they were teh cheapest option unfortunately.

ScotsExpat Mar 30th 2008 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6131618)
the coverage about it on sky news is very negative...

MM, xx

There is no way that even they can take anything positive out of it, it is honestly an absolute shambles...........

Meow Mar 30th 2008 11:48 am

A total embarassment for BA - especially as they have been testing & training in the actual terminal since November 2007. I simply don't understand why it is such a balls up.

BA - the world's least favourite airline :thumbdown:

ScotsExpat Mar 30th 2008 12:18 pm

Just got my luggage!!!!!! :thumbsup:

36 hours later..... :thumbdown:

Blue Cat Mar 30th 2008 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat (Post 6131948)
Just got my luggage!!!!!! :thumbsup:

36 hours later..... :thumbdown:

that's bad, one of mine and Meow's pals has lost her luggage, no laughing matter - her breast cancer meds are in it :(

Madam Medusa Mar 30th 2008 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6131951)
that's bad, one of mine and Meow's pals has lost her luggage, no laughing matter - her breast cancer meds are in it :(

omg, that is awful...

MM, xx

ScotsExpat Mar 30th 2008 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6131951)

BA managed that with my old mans meds (not for breast cancer, I hasten to add) when he visited us in Houston last year. If it wasn't for a friendly pharmacist at Walgreens, dont know what we would have done.....

Blue Cat Mar 30th 2008 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6131956)
omg, that is awful...

MM, xx

terrible, let's hope she gets her case today or off to the hospital for her, which could be tricky as she has had all her treatment here :(

Border Reiver Mar 30th 2008 4:09 pm

Anybody want to hazard a guess at how smoothly or otherwise the opening of the new terminal in Dubai will go?

Fairydust Mar 30th 2008 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Border Reiver (Post 6132684)
Anybody want to hazard a guess at how smoothly or otherwise the opening of the new terminal in Dubai will go?

Wonder will it be a "soft" opening as seems to be the favourite thing of the moment !!!! When is it due to open anyway?

BlackCloud Mar 30th 2008 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat (Post 6131983)
BA managed that with my old mans meds (not for breast cancer, I hasten to add) when he visited us in Houston last year. If it wasn't for a friendly pharmacist at Walgreens, dont know what we would have done.....

Being a pessamist 'BlackCloud' :ohmy: I always consider that my luggage could be lost.

Surely would be good idea to carry some essential meds in hand baggage. Likewise as I travel with sensitive data and paperwork I carry that with me. I would be well in the sticky stuff if it went missing.

Sam FTQ Apr 2nd 2008 9:55 am

Something to pass the time...

http://www.weewilliewalsh.co.uk/

Madam Medusa Apr 2nd 2008 12:24 pm

Just a quickie.......

and now they are getting those well known masters of organisation, the italians, to sort out the problem by shipping the bggage mountain out to milan for a courier firm to deal with...it just beggars belief...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/200...45dbed5_1.html

MM, xx