Tennis

Old Jan 8th 2018, 10:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Tennis

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Mate that's all you need but if you know how intense or far how long you need to be working you'll make far better progress .
Thanks, I do some reading and pay more attention to it.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 11:56 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
All of the above! Finding a frilly gimp suit really was a hassle.
Not if you know where to look....
Old Jan 8th 2018, 12:33 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Couch to 5k mate
And cut down on the carbs. You could lose some very quickly if you wanted.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Science...hydrate+living
Old Jan 8th 2018, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Thanks, I do some reading and pay more attention to it.
Sounds interesting. Let me know what you find out.

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Not if you know where to look....
Not going to ask!
Old Jan 8th 2018, 1:50 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you followed that approach? Has it worked?
Old Jan 8th 2018, 3:25 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Have you followed that approach? Has it worked?
Yes. Admittedly for not long enough, on either of the two occasions, but on both of them there were only upsides: quick fat loss / size reduction, increased energy and focus, no hunger, better sleep. To boot, the choice of food is wide and appealing, the most difficult bit being eating enough fat.

I'm pigging awful and keeping to a "diet", and for all the bullshit that abounds this is a diet despite "lifestyle" this and that. People to seem to be able to adapt to it long-term, but then so do others with more traditional "lifestyle" changes. Most of those who push the "just eat less and exercise more" mantra are lucky that it works for them. I don't intend to get into (another) polarised discussion on here about that. I'll report back in a month to let y'all know (for those who may be interested).
Old Jan 9th 2018, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Yes. Admittedly for not long enough, on either of the two occasions, but on both of them there were only upsides: quick fat loss / size reduction, increased energy and focus, no hunger, better sleep. To boot, the choice of food is wide and appealing, the most difficult bit being eating enough fat.

I'm pigging awful and keeping to a "diet", and for all the bullshit that abounds this is a diet despite "lifestyle" this and that. People to seem to be able to adapt to it long-term, but then so do others with more traditional "lifestyle" changes. Most of those who push the "just eat less and exercise more" mantra are lucky that it works for them. I don't intend to get into (another) polarised discussion on here about that. I'll report back in a month to let y'all know (for those who may be interested).
Finding something that works for the individual is the key , something that they believe in and more importantly stick to and get results .

All diets / training programmes are just hashes of the eat less move more mantra but that is the scientific bottom line of how it works but it sometimes just needs that spark to get the individual involved long term.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 3:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Mate that's all you need but if you know how intense or far how long you need to be working you'll make far better progress .
Did a 5km walk last night (jogged for two minutes in the middle because I couldn't help myself). Quite a brisk pace, to make sure heart rate was up. Averaged 115bpm.

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Sounds interesting. Let me know what you find out.
So the 60-70% of max heart rate is widely considered the 'fat burning zone'. Burns a higher % of fat than glycogen (stored carbs) than at a more intense level of work out.

Seems legit. Some argue it's pointless because if you work hard at a higher level you'll burn more overall and burn more fat anyway. Some say that it's a great way to specifically target fat.

I don't know and don't care to read articles written by people trying to sell subscriptions etc all day but there seems some very basic science behind both arguments above.

In conclusion. Both. **** it. I can't run every night, my shins would explode and my heart pack in. So I'm going to go jogging tonight (it might be a soft J!) and keep alternating between that and walking briskly for longer.

Let's see what happens.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Not a diet but a framework - fast !!

You will not die if you do not eat your breakfast or lunch !!

You will not lose any muscle if you do not eat your breakfast or lunch !!

Your metabolism will not go kaput if you do not eat your breakfast or lunch !!

During the week I eat one meal a day (which contains all the calories to grow or lose fat). During the weekend I may eat breakfast or lunch with the wife.

You do not feel hungry and it actually gives you energy as the body isn't digesting what your ate 2 hours ago.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Not a diet but a framework - fast !!

You will not die if you do not eat your breakfast or lunch !!

You will not lose any muscle if you do not eat your breakfast or lunch !!

Your metabolism will not go kaput if you do not eat your breakfast or lunch !!

During the week I eat one meal a day (which contains all the calories to grow or lose fat). During the weekend I may eat breakfast or lunch with the wife.

You do not feel hungry and it actually gives you energy as the body isn't digesting what your ate 2 hours ago.
You don't need any food fella as you're smoking 40 tabs per day
Old Jan 9th 2018, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need any food fella as you're smoking 40 tabs per day

So true - however I smoked 39 yesterday (smug look) - I am going to start the VAPE (fingers crossed that may help to reduce !)
Old Jan 9th 2018, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
Did a 5km walk last night (jogged for two minutes in the middle because I couldn't help myself). Quite a brisk pace, to make sure heart rate was up. Averaged 115bpm.

So the 60-70% of max heart rate is widely considered the 'fat burning zone'. Burns a higher % of fat than glycogen (stored carbs) than at a more intense level of work out.

Seems legit. Some argue it's pointless because if you work hard at a higher level you'll burn more overall and burn more fat anyway. Some say that it's a great way to specifically target fat.

I don't know and don't care to read articles written by people trying to sell subscriptions etc all day but there seems some very basic science behind both arguments above.

In conclusion. Both. **** it. I can't run every night, my shins would explode and my heart pack in. So I'm going to go jogging tonight (it might be a soft J!) and keep alternating between that and walking briskly for longer.

Let's see what happens.
Thats the correct approach chief , walk jog is a good way to start mate . The HIT stuff will just sicken you off .

I train intervals at threshold & aerobic pace once a week and it's brutal , horrible vomit in the bin stuff . It really helps with the building blocks of endurance but it's not what you need .
Old Jan 9th 2018, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

Thats the correct approach chief , walk jog is a good way to start mate . The HIT stuff will just sicken you off .

I train intervals at threshold & aerobic pace once a week and it's brutal , horrible vomit in the bin stuff . It really helps with the building blocks of endurance but it's not what you need .
Going out tonight to jog / walk. I've had to trim a 9week plan / adapt / search for a 4week to fit the 3ish weeks I've got.

I'm backing myself to get this 5k smashed out based on sheer grunt, bloody-mindedness and refusal to quit. I've never had much willpower for many things at many times but I'm ****ing stubborn when I want to be and I'm being stubborn about some poxy 5k not getting the better of the great Scampo. **** you 5k jog. I'm going home right now to change and jog and prepare to beat you, you ****.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

Also - on the sick stuff.
I've been sick from exercise once in my life, we spent an hour doing full basketball court sprints (with ball) in groups of 4. Anyone not sprinting meant the whole squad did 20 press ups then continued.
I reckon half of us were sick at the end of it.
Good punishment for easing off in a game though, **** me did we push hard every game after that.

I was very, very nearly sick on Saturday after tennis. I had waterfall in my mouth, everything. I managed to not puke but that because she worked me hard in the final set.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Enter a 5k race in 4 weeks time. You need to work to a goal.

Loads online (google premier online). I’ll keep you company on a 5k if you need it.

Nothing beats a group run. It’s so much better than just doing it with the misses and is really something to work to. Loads of people will be worse than you and many more better. It’s just great.

Last edited by Millhouse; Jan 9th 2018 at 2:46 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.