Tennis

Old Jan 8th 2018, 5:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Tennis

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Ditto, same here. Weighed myself the other day thinking I was sat around my upper limit (which isn't too bad - 85Kg) but found I had crept a few Kg over.... So far this month I have eaten clean (fruit in the mornings and fish or chicken each night), have ran 5.5km 5 times and have not touched a drop of the amber nectar....

Have a stag do in Amsterdam on the 31st so the bar at the airport will be my finishing post!
Good work mate

I think I was born about 85kgs.....Weight has crept up thanks to Xmas I guess and just needs pulling back a bit.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Good work mate

I think I was born about 85kgs.....Weight has crept up thanks to Xmas I guess and just needs pulling back a bit.
Couch to 5k mate
And cut down on the carbs. You could lose some very quickly if you wanted.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 6:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Couch to 5k mate
And cut down on the carbs. You could lose some very quickly if you wanted.
Yeah, downloaded a few of these apps to compare and see. All have some useful info in but don't need half of the guff. Apple Watch fitness tracker thing is excellent for reviewing.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahaha! Totally fair.

Badminton is frustratingly wristy and flicky and the racket head is too far away.
Squash is fun but I hate the whining people do when you get in each others way. It's meant to be fun cock splash, this isn't the olympics.

Tennis, we both enjoyed and the big court, outdoors element is good for the time being, I didn't notice the hours exercise and I definitely didn't notice (too much) the 148bpm average heart rate....
Not wanting to scare, 148 average is very high for fairy light exercise. I wasn’t hitting that when running up Jebel Hafeet or stairs or hours on end. Most gym sessions average 90-120. Make 2018 about you.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Good work mate

Cheers dude. Mine has been creeping up over the last few months....

As for Apps I use:

Nike Run Club which gives you time, distance, splits, a map and records all your runs so you can track progress..... or lack of.

Fitter Fitness Calculator. This allows you to record and track weight loss. You can also use it to calculate BMI, BMR, Body Fat and Waist to Hip ratio...... if that's your thing.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 6:48 am
Account Closed

Not wanting to scare, 148 average is very high for fairy light exercise. I wasn’t hitting that when running up Jebel Hafeet or stairs or hours on end. Most gym sessions average 90-120. Make 2018 about you.
I'm a bit younger though, so I have some more flexibility. Even if you take my max at 30yrs of 190, my average of 143 (I just checked it's not 148 but 143, must have misread) is 75% of max. Right in the golden zone.

For the running it was 148 (maybe this is what I quoted before). That peaked at 184 by the looks of it which is pretty high. but the good thing is it goes up and down fairly swiftly and recovered well by the looks of it.

Bad thing is it's probably a step higher than it needs to be for the intensity which I think is what you're saying. Perhaps as this goes on my heart rate when exercising will be in a lower range when doing similar exercise and I'll have to work harder to reach these sorts of levels.

Anyway. Positive. It's working, it ticks and beats and is hopefully enjoying itself.

Long quick-ish walk tonight.

Cheers dude. Mine has been creeping up over the last few months....

As for Apps I use:

Nike Run Club which gives you time, distance, splits, a map and records all your runs so you can track progress..... or lack of.

Fitter Fitness Calculator. This allows you to record and track weight loss. You can also use it to calculate BMI, BMR, Body Fat and Waist to Hip ratio...... if that's your thing.
Thanks, will look at them.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 7:04 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto, same here. Weighed myself the other day thinking I was sat around my upper limit (which isn't too bad - 85Kg) but found I had crept a few Kg over.... So far this month I have eaten clean (fruit in the mornings and fish or chicken each night), have ran 5.5km 5 times and have not touched a drop of the amber nectar....

Have a stag do in Amsterdam on the 31st so the bar at the airport will be my finishing post!
And you're trying to fit into your .....frock?....gimp-suit?....wonder-woman costume????
Old Jan 8th 2018, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm a bit younger though, so I have some more flexibility. Even if you take my max at 30yrs of 190, my average of 143 (I just checked it's not 148 but 143, must have misread) is 75% of max. Right in the golden zone.

For the running it was 148 (maybe this is what I quoted before). That peaked at 184 by the looks of it which is pretty high. but the good thing is it goes up and down fairly swiftly and recovered well by the looks of it.

Bad thing is it's probably a step higher than it needs to be for the intensity which I think is what you're saying. Perhaps as this goes on my heart rate when exercising will be in a lower range when doing similar exercise and I'll have to work harder to reach these sorts of levels.

Anyway. Positive. It's working, it ticks and beats and is hopefully enjoying itself.

Long quick-ish walk tonight.

Thanks, will look at them.
Fair enough, I forgot you were ten years younger!

Out of interest, what's your resting rate. It's a great one to track and you'll see it drop a lot with the running etc.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 7:22 am
Account Closed

Fair enough, I forgot you were ten years younger!

Out of interest, what's your resting rate. It's a great one to track and you'll see it drop a lot with the running etc.
I'm 30 in March. Scary.

I've no doubt you're right that it's higher than it needs to be, but I'm just happy it gets there.

Resting is (according to watch) about the 67-80 mark. So a bit high.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm 30 in March. Scary.

I've no doubt you're right that it's higher than it needs to be, but I'm just happy it gets there.

yeh, a bit high. it'll drop quickly with exercise if you stick to it.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
And you're trying to fit into your .....frock?....gimp-suit?....wonder-woman costume????
All of the above! Finding a frilly gimp suit really was a hassle.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 30 in March. Scary.

Get a decent HR monitor and do some zonal training . Work your specs out then train accordingly. The low HR zonal stuff can whip the weight off you without putting you under too much stress.

You'll burn fat for fuel over a sustained period .
Old Jan 8th 2018, 9:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Get a decent HR monitor and do some zonal training . Work your specs out then train accordingly. The low HR zonal stuff can whip the weight off you without putting you under too much stress.

You'll burn fat for fuel over a sustained period .
Baby steps.
The apple watch and plodding round the track downstairs is good for now.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 10:16 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Need to get on a health kick when I get out there. I'll be looking for a gaff with a pool and gym so I can get going.
Old Jan 8th 2018, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Baby steps.
The apple watch and plodding round the track downstairs is good for now.
Mate that's all you need but if you know how intense or far how long you need to be working you'll make far better progress .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.