Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Telly you remember from your childhood.....

Telly you remember from your childhood.....

Old Jan 15th 2010, 10:28 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telly you remember from your childhood.....

I loved stuff like The Six Million Dollar Man, The Man From Atlantis, and a really random, obscure once called The Gemini Man about a diver with a magic watch that made him invisible or something.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

As we seem to be moving away from strictly kids programmes, then you have to include the following two.

Old Jan 15th 2010, 11:44 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

The Thread title is "Telly you remember from your childhood"...didn't say kids' telly. Not my fault if people made their own inferences.

Old Jan 15th 2010, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Gemini Man? Ah yes....... with Trampas from The Virginian?? Or not?? Probably getting confused - sorry..........

And Manimal?? God that was the worst - it lasted less than one season in the US - the public didn't like Simon McCorkindale's (sp?) English accent, apparently........... the fact that it was crap didn't seem to matter.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
You're from the Buxted area? Hmmm.............. explains a lot........

Now then............... "Love Thy Neighbour".............. what was that all about? And why did every black person I knew (which was quite a few) love it so much???
''Buxted'' was The Brand name of the chickens..not the place i lived

You didnt specifically say ''childrens TV programmes'' My selection were the ones I liked to watch. I also liked....

Banana Splits.
The Monkees
The Double Deckers.
The Hair bear bunch.
Hong Kong Phooey
Why Dont you?
Old Jan 15th 2010, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Arcadia
''Buxted'' was The Brand name of the chickens..not the place i lived

You didnt specifically say ''childrens TV programmes'' My selection were the ones I liked to watch. I also liked....

Banana Splits.
The Monkees
The Double Deckers.
The Hair bear bunch.
Hong Kong Phooey
Why Dont you?

I suddenly feel the urge to go an see Double Deckers opening credits on youtube. It might cheer me up.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:25 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
............ and the Stingray closing credits - Marina was a serious crush for me - stunningly beautiful, long blonde hair and totally silent............ the dream woman.............

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CD96RQ1-wnY&feature=related
.... and when she was swimming her dress became see through!!

I too had a crush in Marina

I think I was about 10 years old.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:34 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's not a kids programme but I remember watching 'Saturday Night at the London Palladium' presented by Norman Vaughn (who also advertised Roses chocolates).

Also talking of political correctness (Love the Neighbour), how about the Black and White Minstrel Show with Billy Cotton and his Band.

It took me ages before I realised that they were actually white people painted up (a result of a 10 year olds naievety, nothing else)

We used to watch that at my Grandmothers house. She lived in Handsworth.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:39 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

I'm on a roll now......

I used to watch the Woodentops. They lived on a farm and Daddy used to come home from work while Mummy did the dinner. Some of the politically incorrect sexist comments now sound hilarious.

Many of the scenes were set inside their kitchen (I can't remember - did they have any other 'locations?').

I always wanted to live in their farmhouse with a view of the fields with the cow outside.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by benzonar
As we seem to be moving away from strictly kids programmes, then you have to include the following two.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ugb_TIpPoWA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fDkooA-80L0
I see your double 80's revival and raise you by a CHiPS / Street Hawk Duo!

Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

With an Airwolf / Bluethunder hand at the ready to combat your next move!!

Old Jan 16th 2010, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Old Jan 16th 2010, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Old Jan 16th 2010, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

A classic

Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
I suddenly feel the urge to go an see Double Deckers opening credits on youtube. It might cheer me up.
And if you do go and watch the Double Deckers opening credits, watch out for the little black lad (Brinsley Forde?) who went on to front Aswad, a really underrated group in my book.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.