Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

And teh most inconsiderate neighbour award goes to....

And teh most inconsiderate neighbour award goes to....

Old Apr 5th 2011, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default And teh most inconsiderate neighbour award goes to....

My forkwit neighbour who decided to build some kind of wall thing last night at 11.30pm against my bedroom wall- considering the mood I was in last night he was very lucky not to have the hammer he was using shoved where the sun doesn't shine!

Why would you start hammering so late?

New neighbour so is a polite introduction worth it tonight with the comment of the walls arent that thin but I'd have heard you banging last night if I was in Abu Dhabi you selfish barsteward? alternatively a note shoved under the door...

Have just seen I have spelt the wrong in the title- sorry cant change it!

Last edited by kittycat1; Apr 5th 2011 at 4:39 am. Reason: crap typing!
Old Apr 5th 2011, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And teh most inconsiderate neighbour award goes to....

Originally Posted by kittycat1

have heard you banging last night
Snigger
Old Apr 5th 2011, 5:26 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

My forkwit neighbour who decided to build some kind of wall thing last night at 11.30pm against my bedroom wall- considering the mood I was in last night he was very lucky not to have the hammer he was using shoved where the sun doesn't shine!

New neighbour so is a polite introduction worth it tonight with the comment of the walls arent that thin but I'd have heard you banging last night if I was in Abu Dhabi you selfish barsteward? alternatively a note shoved under the door...

Have just seen I have spelt the wrong in the title- sorry cant change it!
Always happens, we had it at midnight about a year back, I went up the lift in boxers and t-shirt, at midnight, found out where the banging was coming from and thinking it was some workmen doing stupid hours opened the apartment and barged in and went 'WHAT'S ALL THIS FËCKING NOISE?!'

The two young Saudi lads with an electric drill and an immaculate, plush apartment looked a bit worried I can tell you.

Anyway we came to an 'agreement' that they'd stop that very second and not had a peep out of them since.

We also had a bongo player at 6am every Saturday morning, never found out where he lived though.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And the most inconsiderate neighbour award goes to....

I'm always drilling and banging at that time of night - it's when I do my best work. According to the missus.

And I nearly always spell it 'teh' , it's perhaps my most frequent typo.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 7:04 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

My new neighbour went apeshit because I was inconsiderate enough to move in on a Friday. Considering the removal guys didn't get there till about 4pm I kinda struggled to see his point.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

My old neighbour (adjoining villas) sacrificed a couple of goats in his car port during Eid a couple of years ago.

The sound of them being hacked to pieces by an axe, followed by a stench of raw blood in the garden and the AC blowing out the smell of goat curry for a week puts them in the worst neighbour ever category.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 8:18 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel your pain. I had guys putting up what I think is probably illegal accommodation in the garden of the villa which backs right up to my bedroom window.

They start at around 10pm which is fine as I am still up but I do object when they are still hammering, banging bits of wood together and shouting to each other accompanied by a million watt light at 2am.

First time, I politely asked them to stop...which they did for about 5 minutes and then started again - as though this was enough time for me to get to sleep! Second, third and fourth time were along the same lines - a short break before banging recommencing. By the fifth time, and it was now nearly 3am on a Monday night, the threat of the police coming was enough to stop them.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 8:37 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Always happens, we had it at midnight about a year back, I went up the lift in boxers and t-shirt, at midnight, found out where the banging was coming from and thinking it was some workmen doing stupid hours opened the apartment and barged in and went 'WHAT'S ALL THIS FËCKING NOISE?!'

The two young Saudi lads with an electric drill and an immaculate, plush apartment looked a bit worried I can tell you.

Anyway we came to an 'agreement' that they'd stop that very second and not had a peep out of them since.

We also had a bongo player at 6am every Saturday morning, never found out where he lived though.
Could you have a word with the Iman at our local mosque and tell him to shut the fock up too, especially at 4.45am.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Could you have a word with the Iman at our local mosque and tell him to shut the fock up too, especially at 4.45am.
Is it too late to delete that comment?

No? Oh dear................
Old Apr 5th 2011, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I had a neighbour (it's an apartment block) holding an all-night Arabic-music party recently.... at about 1.30am, I went and knocked on the door, which was answered by one of the prettiest girls on the planet.......

Of course that didn't stop me reading the Riot Act to her...........
Old Apr 5th 2011, 9:19 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Nocturnal DIY....another "you know you're in the UAE" entry.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

I had neighbours once, in an adjoining villa, that cooked what must have been masses of garlic at 7 in the morning., every morning. Since our a/c vents were connected, my bedroom especially and the whole house, my clothes and everything in my house smelled intensely of garlic, so bad, that I once got sick from it. And I must mention, I actually like garlic....but this was an unbelievably strong odour! I moved to another compound.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I had to do exactly the same in Abu Dhabi to some Indians on the floor above. 'a thousand apologies Sir. we are so sorry Sir...' never happened again though.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

and tonight twat neighbour has an eletric drill!
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:16 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

and tonight twat neighbour has an eletric drill!
They aren't going to know that you are upset unless you go and give them an earful! So off you go...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.