Teenagers !!!!

Old Sep 10th 2007, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute
Default Teenagers !!!!

Hi All BE

My friend is thinking about taking up a post here in Dubai but he has a 16 year Old daughter and 18 year old son, what is it like here for that age group???

Thanks
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teenagers !!!!

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Hi All BE

My friend is thinking about taking up a post here in Dubai but he has a 16 year Old daughter and 18 year old son, what is it like here for that age group???

Thanks
ask pookie.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
ask pookie.

Good thinking
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:37 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Hi All BE

Thanks
what would his 18 year old do?
unless he's finishing school perhaps, i doubt there will be much of a future for him there
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gedge
what would his 18 year old do?
unless he's finishing school perhaps, i doubt there will be much of a future for him there
Not sure that the 18 year old is coming will find out today but defo the 16 year old is(if he decides to take job), I can get technical stuff info re schools etc but not the social side od life here
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:45 am

Not sure that the 18 year old is coming will find out today but defo the 16 year old is(if he decides to take job), I can get technical stuff info re schools etc but not the social side od life here
if it was a 16 yo son i'd say no worries, loads to do
but i've no idea how a teenage girl would get on

however my biggest concern would be how the kid(s) would cope with leaving behind all their friends and social life they currently have
at that age i reckon it'd be a hard one to sell to them
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

I know a lot of families with teen-age kids here that love it. Also know expats my age who were brought up here & chose to come back & live here after uni. I'd say it's a pretty decent lifestyle. Better than hanging out in parks & shopping centres & dodgy pubs which is what they would probably do in the UK...
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

I know a lot of families with teen-age kids here that love it. Also know expats my age who were brought up here & chose to come back & live here after uni. I'd say it's a pretty decent lifestyle. Better than hanging out in parks & shopping centres & dodgy pubs which is what they would probably do in the UK...

Funny I asked this question when out last night and the answer I got was nothing to do but hang about the Malls

Hense why I asking those in the know, would hate the guy to make the wrong decission for the family...
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:51 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesn't BB have an 18yo daughter here? Why not ask her?
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:53 am

Funny I asked this question when out last night and the answer I got was nothing to do but hang about the Malls

Hense why I asking those in the know, would hate the guy to make the wrong decission for the family...
nothing to do... that's teenagers for you
there's plenty to do if they put their idle minds to it
Old Sep 10th 2007, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

That's the point gedge .....teenagers !!!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes. like joyriding.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:49 am

yes. like joyriding.
...and sniffing glue

you know that's not what i meant
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

...and sniffing glue

you know that's not what i meant
Of course.

Seriously, the UAE offers loads of opportunities for kids that they wouldn't get in the UK. I've met 12 year olds who can tackle dune driving better than I can here! "Adventure" sports are far more affordable than in the UK. Kids get exposure to poly-culturalism, opportunity to learn language immersively. I think it can be a great experience for the right kind of young person.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 6:58 am

Of course.

Seriously, the UAE offers loads of opportunities for kids that they wouldn't get in the UK. I've met 12 year olds who can tackle dune driving better than I can here! "Adventure" sports are far more affordable than in the UK. Kids get exposure to poly-culturalism, opportunity to learn language immersively. I think it can be a great experience for the right kind of young person.
spot on, ok it's an outdoor lifestyle that may take a bit of getting used to but kids are adaptable
all that fresh air and exercise has got to be good for the kids, beats slouching around a shopping centre etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.