technophobe!! wifi!!

Old Sep 13th 2013, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default technophobe!! wifi!!

My computer is connected to the internet.. I have an i pad and a smart phone that is connected via wifi..my wifi shows that everything is connected and until today I have been able to connect via wifi.....however..my ipad and smart phone ..(even though it shows in the settings that I am connected to my wifi) won't connect to the internet today..if I try to skype it says "You are not connected to the Internet" YES I BLOODY AM!!!!
please help me
Old Sep 13th 2013, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: technophobe!! wifi!!

I actually posted this on Etisalat's facebook page....let's see if they ever respond

Dear Etisalat,

Your customer service is rubbish! Your automated phone thing is, to say the least...frustrating..I have just spent more than15 minutes trying to get through to a human person..and then.....having managed to do that.......I then have no idea what he is saying, he does not understand what I am saying... I eventually asked him to connect me to his supervisor..I even mentioned that it is a really good job that these calls are being recorded because the time it takes and the numbers you have to press to even get close to a human person...I have just hung up..I have been on hold for the last 20minutes..if you are any good at all, you will look my name up..know my mobile or land line and call me to offer some advise, as to why my internet is working with my computer ..but none of my things..ipad or mobile can connect to my wifi..even though my phone and ipad show that I am actually connected to wifi....if Du wasn't equally as bad at customer service as you I would swop!!..oh and BTW this is going to be posted on my timeline!!
Old Sep 13th 2013, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

What have you tried doing so far? One of the first things to try is to re-boot the wi fi router - unplug from the power mains and then turn it back on. Usually solves the issue.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nottmbantam View Post
What have you tried doing so far? One of the first things to try is to re-boot the wi fi router - unplug from the power mains and then turn it back on. Usually solves the issue.
Darling, I unplugged my computer/router/main etishite e life box from the wall... closed my phone, my ipad..rebooted everything I even switched off my main electric box...don't ask me why I would think that would help a "wireless connection" ..I told you I am a 'technophobe'...If I wasn't a natural redhead...I would be a blonde darling!!
Old Sep 13th 2013, 3:15 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Did you pay the internet bill?
Old Sep 13th 2013, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Did you pay the internet bill?
of course darling!! otherwise I wouldn't have internet..wifi or otherwise..I'm not that blonde darling!! xxx
My phone and ipad show that I am connected to wifi!!

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Sep 13th 2013 at 3:31 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Every thing was fine until yesterday..my friends can't connect either, so we have IPads, iPhones, Samsung and Mac not able to connect to my wifi

I know that this will sound really blonde cos it is "wireless", but they are digging up the road..building pavements and putting in lamp posts..that is the only thing that has changed in my area..would this affect it. All of us have logged in to my internet. connected to my wifi, used the right password..it has shown that we are connected to my wifi.. and then.....nothing...
Old Sep 13th 2013, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Problem seems to be the router connecting to the internet. All devices are connecting to the router, but as there is no internet connection coming through the router itself, they will show 'no internet connection'.

Sadly, seems like a phone call back to your provider....
Old Sep 13th 2013, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nottmbantam View Post
Problem seems to be the router connecting to the internet. All devices are connecting to the router, but as there is no internet connection coming through the router itself, they will show 'no internet connection'.

Sadly, seems like a phone call back to your provider....
Darling..here is my frustration ..my router is connected, I am online right now with my computer... my Samsung phone shows that it is connected to wifi..my ipad shows that it connected to WiFi.. I have checked that the right password is in..I have disconnected and then reconnected..it says ..I am connected ..however..i'm not!!..It won't let my other devices connect to the internet, every time I try to connect to something with my Ipad or smart phone ..skype..facebook..britishexpats.com.. it says .... not connected..BUT it shows that it is connected!! I am at a loss darling!!
Old Sep 13th 2013, 5:07 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Two things you can try.

From your computer log onto the router (use the address bar and type 192.168.2.1, usually works, but you can look up your own router brand online if it doesn't work).
It may have a password but this might be just labelled on the back of the router somewhere. Anyhow from there you can run its diagnostics which will tell you if something is wrong with the router.

Instead of switching off the router also try to reset it, there should be a little button on the back for reset instead of only turning it off.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Kick all misfunctioning electronic gadgets out of your front door.
It won't make them work, but is hugely satisfying!
Old Sep 14th 2013, 9:58 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned View Post
I actually posted this on Etisalat's facebook page....let's see if they ever respond

Dear Etisalat,

Your customer service is rubbish! Your automated phone thing is, to say the least...frustrating..I have just spent more than15 minutes trying to get through to a human person..and then.....having managed to do that.......I then have no idea what he is saying, he does not understand what I am saying... I eventually asked him to connect me to his supervisor..I even mentioned that it is a really good job that these calls are being recorded because the time it takes and the numbers you have to press to even get close to a human person...I have just hung up..I have been on hold for the last 20minutes..if you are any good at all, you will look my name up..know my mobile or land line and call me to offer some advise, as to why my internet is working with my computer ..but none of my things..ipad or mobile can connect to my wifi..even though my phone and ipad show that I am actually connected to wifi....if Du wasn't equally as bad at customer service as you I would swop!!..oh and BTW this is going to be posted on my timeline!!

btw I totally agree with the being on hold part
both DU and Etisalat are total shite at customer services
the only fact that they have a monoply, is what keeps the afloat I guess
and no ones going to call you back

btw, I am pretty sure its a DNS thing
IOS (the thing that works on all apple products) sometimes does that, no biggie
here, try this :
in your iphone or ipad, go to settings
below airplane mode there is 'wifi' and the name of network you are currently connected to, touch that
in the next window, the name of the network is mentioned again and on the last bit of that 'line', there is a right arrow colored in blue, touch that and you will get another screen with 'forget this network' on top
just write down the DNS on a piece of paper (in case its needed later)
make sure you remember the password to your own wifi before you touch that
once network is forgotten, reconnect to it and see if that works
if not then revert and we shall look up another solution
Old Sep 14th 2013, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Threatening the machine with a ten-pound hammer can be effective.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 12:06 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

I would delete the wireless profile from the mobile device (on an iPad this is done via settings, click the arrow next to the connection you want to delete then click 'Forget This Network'). Then let it rediscover the wireless connection.

ah beaten to it :/

Last edited by Fossildog; Sep 14th 2013 at 12:09 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys, an Etishite man came round today, he spent 3 hours fiddling around with the router before telling me that i need a new one!! Anyway..I am back on wifi xxx

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.