British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Teaching in Qatar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/teaching-qatar-796527/)

boyfrombangor May 9th 2013 1:55 pm

Teaching in Qatar

Here is the most recent "Welcome to Qatar."

here

and

here

- of course The Bottom Half Of The Internet makes entertaining reading as always.

Kix May 9th 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Teaching in Qatar

Jumped up little shits the lot of them

God help the country in years to come.

However, (and I'm sticking my neck out here), the vast majority of Qataris are not like this - I would suggest that the 12 year olds, if in the UK, would be on the Jeremy Kyle show within a few years.

Beakersful May 10th 2013 7:41 am

It appears on the surface that the kids there are copying the West, laying charges against teachers that hold discipline up as an ideal. The penalty does seems quite severe though in comparison.

"He said," "She said."

Boomhauer May 10th 2013 9:04 am

If he didn't come to Qatar, he wouldn't be in this position , so yani it's his fault. ;)

NorthernLad May 11th 2013 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by boyfrombangor (Post 10700263)
Here is the most recent "Welcome to Qatar."

here

and

here

- of course The Bottom Half Of The Internet makes entertaining reading as always.

Another country that is nothing without it's natural reserves. The poor guy is likely going to be locked up for a lengthy period because some jumped up kid had his ego dented.

When I was 12, if I had done something similar my parents would have grounded me and made me apologise to the teacher - they would have given the teacher the benefit of the doubt.

Irishbeekeeper May 11th 2013 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10701717)
If he didn't come to Qatar, he wouldn't be in this position , so yani it's his fault. ;)

:thumbsup: you forgot the shrug of the shoulder with closed eyes while facing the somewhere above your right shoulder

Boomhauer May 11th 2013 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10703491)
Another country that is nothing without it's natural reserves. The poor guy is likely going to be locked up for a lengthy period because some jumped up kid had his ego dented.

When I was 12, if I had done something similar my parents would have grounded me and made me apologise to the teacher - they would have given the teacher the benefit of the doubt.

When you know there are no consequences for your actions, the only thing stopping you from being a right royal arsehole is your conscience.

OleJanx May 11th 2013 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10703572)
When you know there are no consequences for your actions, the only thing stopping you from being a right royal arsehole is your conscience.

Please note: Conscience is an optional extra not available in Qatar.