Tea / Coffee

Old Jun 21st 2017, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tea / Coffee

Originally Posted by Scamp
Regarding Nespresso machines, I know they're the trendy, cool ones, but they only make espresso size drinks? In hotels before I've hit the 'big cup' option and ended up with a thimble or perhaps double espresso size.

Am I missing something with them or does everyone drink espresso coffee all the time now?
My nespresso machine at home has 3 size settings. Ristretto, Espresso and Lungo. use the lungo setting for my morning cuppa and it makes a big enough drink.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 6:15 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I make tea with the milk first and drink starbucks coffee.

go ahead and judge me, I don't care.

Always.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 6:20 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding Nespresso machines, I know they're the trendy, cool ones, but they only make espresso size drinks? In hotels before I've hit the 'big cup' option and ended up with a thimble or perhaps double espresso size.

Am I missing something with them or does everyone drink espresso coffee all the time now?
3 size settings on mine, too. Anyway, who wants half a ****ing litre of coffee? Have you been to Italy, Scamp? Ever seen an Italian drinking a coffee any bigger than a teacup?
Old Jun 21st 2017, 6:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
3 size settings on mine, too. Anyway, who wants half a ****ing litre of coffee? Have you been to Italy, Scamp? Ever seen an Italian drinking a coffee any bigger than a teacup?
Who the **** wants to be like an Italian?

I like a large coffee. Doesn't have to be colossal but a full size, larger mug is pleasant and enjoyable.

Maybe I'll investigate further, the machines look cooler than mine.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 6:45 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Who the **** wants to be like an Italian?

I like a large coffee. Doesn't have to be colossal but a full size, larger mug is pleasant and enjoyable.

Maybe I'll investigate further, the machines look cooler than mine.
I always used to have a big mug of coffee, but am now accustomed to a continental-size one rather than an American-size one. Probably same amount of coffee, but with far more concentrated flavour. If now I do have a large one, I'm left wondering what I'm actually drinking because it's so lacking in flavour, aroma and impact.

This morning's (6:30 in the smoking area outside the office):
Tea / Coffee-img_0767.jpg
Old Jun 21st 2017, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

Pressing the button gives you the amount of coffee someone has programmed that button to dispense.

If you hold the button down it'll keep going until you have the amount of coffee you want and then will be programmed to dispense the same quantity every time you press it until someone else f**ks about with it.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 7:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I always used to have a big mug of coffee, but am now accustomed to a continental-size one rather than an American-size one. Probably same amount of coffee, but with far more concentrated flavour. If now I do have a large one, I'm left wondering what I'm actually drinking because it's so lacking in flavour, aroma and impact.

This morning's (6:30 in the smoking area outside the office):
Attachment 127932
Nice.
I do agree flavour vs volume but there's a middle ground. I like a larger cup so it lasts longer, but sometimes that means I 'double-pod' from my machine to retain strength and gain size.

Originally Posted by Gavtek
Pressing the button gives you the amount of coffee someone has programmed that button to dispense.

If you hold the button down it'll keep going until you have the amount of coffee you want and then will be programmed to dispense the same quantity every time you press it until someone else f**ks about with it.
You're a smart person. Thanks. I might investigate the Nespresso then. I have a Dolce Gusto now and whilst it's nice, they can be quite bland.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

i don't drink tea or coffee - never have
Old Jun 21st 2017, 8:10 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by mission
i don't drink tea or coffee - never have
Maybe try a cup if you go on holiday.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 21st 2017, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

i can't believe all this bakwaas over tea and coffee
Old Jun 21st 2017, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Coffee (proper roasted beans!) with cinnamon and pink salt in a big mug.

Brown sugar with coffee if I am out and white sugar with tea.

If I had more free time I would actually roast the beans myself and use a pestle and mortar to grind the beans.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

I've always found the Nespresso machines to be a huge let down. Ok, coffee tastes nice, but never gets hot enough and the drinks are way too small. Two things that ruin coffee for me

1 - its too weak
2 - it not hot enough.

Broke the cafetiere I have at home, so had to resort to the stove top Bialetti. Forgot how nice that was.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
i can't believe all this bakwaas over tea and coffee
Cooked tea? Made in a saucepan , loose tea, cardamon, milk and sugar. Simmered to perfection?

I think the modern youth call it chai latte or something metro like that.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Coffee (proper roasted beans!) with cinnamon and pink salt in a big mug.
Pink salt? Is it nice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.