taxi's

Old Nov 26th 2008, 7:53 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
angel delight's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: from uk but living in Dubai
Posts: 69
angel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really nice
Default taxi's

how unreliable are they... i book a taxi and they say it willl be here in 5 minutes....... an hour later the taxi turns up!!!! then i ask to go to emaar business square in downtown burj dubai and they take me somewhere else, another taxi then takes me to the greens... im new to dubai so im not 100% on where these places are but my god...... you phone the taxi place up and they say all of our taxi drivers have thorough knowledge of dubai and all its areas... yeah whatever... sorry guys but i never been so stressed out in all my life:curse:
angel delight is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:20 am
  #2  
why ayeeeee man!
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taxi's

Originally Posted by angel delight View Post
how unreliable are they... i book a taxi and they say it willl be here in 5 minutes....... an hour later the taxi turns up!!!! then i ask to go to emaar business square in downtown burj dubai and they take me somewhere else, another taxi then takes me to the greens... im new to dubai so im not 100% on where these places are but my god...... you phone the taxi place up and they say all of our taxi drivers have thorough knowledge of dubai and all its areas... yeah whatever... sorry guys but i never been so stressed out in all my life:curse:
you;dbetter get used to it petal, they are notoriously bad, never turn up, not sure where they are going - you need to learn to deal with it otherwise it'll drive you mad.

I rang a cab on thursday for as soon as possible, and it never even came - I went and flagge done down and the one I ordered never called me.
Spugsy is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:24 am
  #3  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,553
The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taxi's

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
you;dbetter get used to it petal, they are notoriously bad, never turn up, not sure where they are going - you need to learn to deal with it otherwise it'll drive you mad.

I rang a cab on thursday for as soon as possible, and it never even came - I went and flagge done down and the one I ordered never called me.
That's always the best way.............

............. and you sometimes find that pretty African girls are getting out just as you're getting in........
The Dean is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:46 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
angel delight's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: from uk but living in Dubai
Posts: 69
angel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really niceangel delight is just really nice
Default Re: taxi's

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
you;dbetter get used to it petal, they are notoriously bad, never turn up, not sure where they are going - you need to learn to deal with it otherwise it'll drive you mad.

I rang a cab on thursday for as soon as possible, and it never even came - I went and flagge done down and the one I ordered never called me.
yeah that happened to us on thursday too, had a taxi for 7, kept calling it after 7 and rebooking it but evry time we phoned to ask where it was, they said we didnt have one booked. 4 times that happened so we ended up flagging one down too which only took 10 minutes
angel delight is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:59 am
  #5  
hmmmm...nice
 
MataHari's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 27,920
MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taxi's

Originally Posted by angel delight View Post
yeah that happened to us on thursday too, had a taxi for 7, kept calling it after 7 and rebooking it but evry time we phoned to ask where it was, they said we didnt have one booked. 4 times that happened so we ended up flagging one down too which only took 10 minutes
so flagging one down is the way to go...problem solved
MataHari is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 11:13 am
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
Cham128's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: London and Dubai
Posts: 1,072
Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: taxi's

that's ok I've only been here a week and I have to direct most of the drivers we've come across... getting to the meadows for the first time was really painful though

...saying that though we have had a few that have been really really helpful.
Cham128 is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 2:02 pm
  #7  
Now 15% less offensive
 
NedKelly63's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Poole, Dorset. (Ex. Dubai, but might be back soon)
Posts: 793
NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of
Default Re: taxi's

If you find a good one - grab their number and use em in future.

They are like hens teeth out here.
NedKelly63 is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2008, 2:36 pm
  #8  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 23,434
Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taxi's

Originally Posted by Cham128 View Post
that's ok I've only been here a week and I have to direct most of the drivers we've come across... getting to the meadows for the first time was really painful though

...saying that though we have had a few that have been really really helpful.
How's the country been treating you till now???
Confucius is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.