British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Taxi windows (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/taxi-windows-739835/)

kittycat1 Nov 23rd 2011 9:33 am

Taxi windows

Is there a reason that taxi drivers don't like having the back windows rolled down. Yesterday and today the taxi drivers put them up when I had rolled them down. When I asked them to let me have them down they both just put on the air con- when i said I'd like some fresh air they opened the front windows? why can't I have the back window open? :(

TGFKASE Nov 23rd 2011 9:37 am

Re: Taxi windows

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9749733)
Is there a reason that taxi drivers don't like having the back windows rolled down. Yesterday and today the taxi drivers put them up when I had rolled them down. When I asked them to let me have them down they both just put on the air con- when i said I'd like some fresh air they opened the front windows? why can't I have the back window open? :(

I always find a really annoying noise starts up when you wind a back window down if a front window is cracked..

Either that or he wants you to glory in his aroma....

Mogs Nov 23rd 2011 9:42 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9749733)

Can't stand being in the front of a car with a back window open and the front windows closed - makes strange noises and it just feels weird with change in air pressure or something (don't know why - some physicist could probably explain).

Anyway, if someone in the back of my car opens the back window, I too would either close it and put the AC on or I would have to open the front window aswell - to get the airflow sorted.

TGFKASE Nov 23rd 2011 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Mogs (Post 9749757)
Can't stand being in the front of a car with a back window open and the front windows closed - makes strange noises and it just feels weird with change in air pressure or something (don't know why - some physicist could probably explain).

Anyway, if someone in the back of my car opens the back window, I too would either close it and put the AC on or I would have to open the front window aswell - to get the airflow sorted.

There is an echo on this bored.....

kittycat1 Nov 23rd 2011 9:52 am

so why not lock the windows in the back? anyway i will try again tonight :p

Mogs Nov 23rd 2011 9:53 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9749778)
so why not lock the windows in the back? anyway i will try again tonight :p

Me or the taxi drivers ?

kittycat1 Nov 23rd 2011 9:55 am

well the car manufacturers if its that much of a problem?

mentalist Nov 23rd 2011 10:22 am

The motor or cable or whatever that serves the rear nearside window on my car has broken down three times since I have been here. Maybe the drivers have to pay for such break downs out of their own pocket. Alternatively, perhaps they are simply afraid you will leap out of the window to avoid paying your fare?