Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Tawakkana QR Code - Saudi Arabia

Tawakkana QR Code - Saudi Arabia

Old Nov 5th 2021, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

35Stuart35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tawakkana QR Code - Saudi Arabia

I have downloaded the Tawakkana health passport (vaccine proof) from the app to apply for a visa. The certificate has a QR code to digitally validate the report. However, when the QR code is scanned, it sends a pass-code to the registered mobile number and opens up the Tawakkana Health Passport Verification Service website where you have to enter the pass-code withing 120 seconds.
Obviously, anybody trying to verify the results will not be able to do so without your mobile and pass-code!
Old Nov 5th 2021, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tawakkana QR Code - Saudi Arabia

Never had anyone look to do that. They just check that the main screen is showing immune, and it’s mostly just a cursory glance.
Old Nov 8th 2021, 10:50 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 35Stuart35
I have downloaded the Tawakkana health passport (vaccine proof) from the app to apply for a visa. The certificate has a QR code to digitally validate the report. However, when the QR code is scanned, it sends a pass-code to the registered mobile number and opens up the Tawakkana Health Passport Verification Service website where you have to enter the pass-code withing 120 seconds.
Obviously, anybody trying to verify the results will not be able to do so without your mobile and pass-code!
I see what you mean. I just tried it with mine. I wouldn't worry about it. Just submit the paper with your application. It's probably more the case that you have to show some paper evidence that your vaccinated with you visa application. They're not expecting forgeries. And as another poster said, in country they'll just check your immune status on the app on your phone when you arrive
Old Nov 9th 2021, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I see what you mean. I just tried it with mine. I wouldn't worry about it. Just submit the paper with your application. It's probably more the case that you have to show some paper evidence that your vaccinated with you visa application. They're not expecting forgeries. And as another poster said, in country they'll just check your immune status on the app on your phone when you arrive
It's for entry into Thailand. They expect a QR code to validate the info and there are reports of people being refused the because of this.
Old Nov 9th 2021, 6:21 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

It's for entry into Thailand. They expect a QR code to validate the info and there are reports of people being refused the because of this.
Are you based in the UK?
Because I travel to Thailand frequently myself. I'm fact I'm going to the embassy in Riyadh on Thursday to apply for my visa. Been in touch with them via email and there is no requirement to show vaccination proof to get the visa.

Are you referring to the Thailand Pass program and submitting your vaccination certificate to that. I believe that they'll be authorised to access the info as a government agency.

Also, have you downloaded the health cert from Sehatty rather than Tawakullna. This also has a QR code, there's no need for any OTP to a registered mobile, and it will say that the information in the cert is genuine. Just a thought.

Anyways, I'm in the same boat so please update how you're getting on. When are you planning to travel to Thailand? It's the 1st month of Thailand Pass so it will probably take a while before they iron out their ****ups.
Old Nov 9th 2021, 6:27 pm

Also, the cert from Sehatty is better because it shows the batch numbers, whereas the cert from Tawakullna doesn't.
Old Nov 11th 2021, 3:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Also, the cert from Sehatty is better because it shows the batch numbers, whereas the cert from Tawakullna doesn't.
I'm on a Work Visit visa and cannot access Sehaty. I thought Thailand was issuing E visa's now?
Old Nov 11th 2021, 1:40 pm

I'm on a Work Visit visa and cannot access Sehaty. I thought Thailand was issuing E visa's now?
Is sehatty only available for iqama holders?