Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Tawakkana QR Code - Saudi Arabia

Tawakkana QR Code - Saudi Arabia

Old Nov 5th 2021, 12:29 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2019
Location: KSA
Posts: 20
35Stuart35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tawakkana QR Code - Saudi Arabia

I have downloaded the Tawakkana health passport (vaccine proof) from the app to apply for a visa. The certificate has a QR code to digitally validate the report. However, when the QR code is scanned, it sends a pass-code to the registered mobile number and opens up the Tawakkana Health Passport Verification Service website where you have to enter the pass-code withing 120 seconds.
Obviously, anybody trying to verify the results will not be able to do so without your mobile and pass-code!
35Stuart35 is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2021, 7:29 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: London
Posts: 162
Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tawakkana QR Code - Saudi Arabia

Never had anyone look to do that. They just check that the main screen is showing immune, and it’s mostly just a cursory glance.
Trailing_Hubby is offline  
Old Nov 8th 2021, 10:50 pm
  #3  
 
nonthaburi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Buraydah , Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,863
nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tawakkana QR Code - Saudi Arabia

Originally Posted by 35Stuart35
I have downloaded the Tawakkana health passport (vaccine proof) from the app to apply for a visa. The certificate has a QR code to digitally validate the report. However, when the QR code is scanned, it sends a pass-code to the registered mobile number and opens up the Tawakkana Health Passport Verification Service website where you have to enter the pass-code withing 120 seconds.
Obviously, anybody trying to verify the results will not be able to do so without your mobile and pass-code!
I see what you mean. I just tried it with mine. I wouldn't worry about it. Just submit the paper with your application. It's probably more the case that you have to show some paper evidence that your vaccinated with you visa application. They're not expecting forgeries. And as another poster said, in country they'll just check your immune status on the app on your phone when you arrive
nonthaburi is offline  
Old Nov 9th 2021, 12:46 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2019
Location: KSA
Posts: 20
35Stuart35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tawakkana QR Code - Saudi Arabia

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I see what you mean. I just tried it with mine. I wouldn't worry about it. Just submit the paper with your application. It's probably more the case that you have to show some paper evidence that your vaccinated with you visa application. They're not expecting forgeries. And as another poster said, in country they'll just check your immune status on the app on your phone when you arrive
It's for entry into Thailand. They expect a QR code to validate the info and there are reports of people being refused the because of this.
35Stuart35 is offline  
Old Nov 9th 2021, 6:21 pm
  #5  
 
nonthaburi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Buraydah , Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,863
nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tawakkana QR Code - Saudi Arabia

Originally Posted by 35Stuart35
It's for entry into Thailand. They expect a QR code to validate the info and there are reports of people being refused the because of this.
Are you based in the UK?
Because I travel to Thailand frequently myself. I'm fact I'm going to the embassy in Riyadh on Thursday to apply for my visa. Been in touch with them via email and there is no requirement to show vaccination proof to get the visa.

Are you referring to the Thailand Pass program and submitting your vaccination certificate to that. I believe that they'll be authorised to access the info as a government agency.

Also, have you downloaded the health cert from Sehatty rather than Tawakullna. This also has a QR code, there's no need for any OTP to a registered mobile, and it will say that the information in the cert is genuine. Just a thought.

Anyways, I'm in the same boat so please update how you're getting on. When are you planning to travel to Thailand? It's the 1st month of Thailand Pass so it will probably take a while before they iron out their ****ups.
nonthaburi is offline  
Old Nov 9th 2021, 6:27 pm
  #6  
 
nonthaburi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Buraydah , Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,863
nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tawakkana QR Code - Saudi Arabia

Also, the cert from Sehatty is better because it shows the batch numbers, whereas the cert from Tawakullna doesn't.
nonthaburi is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2021, 3:31 am
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2019
Location: KSA
Posts: 20
35Stuart35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tawakkana QR Code - Saudi Arabia

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Also, the cert from Sehatty is better because it shows the batch numbers, whereas the cert from Tawakullna doesn't.
I'm on a Work Visit visa and cannot access Sehaty. I thought Thailand was issuing E visa's now?
35Stuart35 is offline  
Old Nov 11th 2021, 1:40 pm
  #8  
 
nonthaburi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Buraydah , Saudi Arabia
Posts: 2,863
nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tawakkana QR Code - Saudi Arabia

Originally Posted by 35Stuart35
I'm on a Work Visit visa and cannot access Sehaty. I thought Thailand was issuing E visa's now?
Is sehatty only available for iqama holders?
nonthaburi is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.