Taliban in Qatar

Old Jun 3rd 2014, 1:28 am
Just Joined

Salzburg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taliban in Qatar

To those currently in Qatar or in the wider Gulf region: what are your thoughts on the 5 Taliban prisoners being transferred from Gitmo to Qatar for the exchange of the American soldier who was captured in Afghanistan? According to the media in the US it would seem that the 5 former prisoners will be living the life of Riley. What are local media outlets saying about this and what are your thoughts on the situation?
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice
Default Re: Taliban in Qatar

I think it's no problem, in the Gulf there are all types and certainly among us are some individuals whom you wouldn't want to invite for dinner....However, these individuals are quite harmless here in the Gulf...
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Salzburg
To those currently in Qatar or in the wider Gulf region: what are your thoughts on the 5 Taliban prisoners being transferred from Gitmo to Qatar for the exchange of the American soldier who was captured in Afghanistan? According to the media in the US it would seem that the 5 former prisoners will be living the life of Riley. What are local media outlets saying about this and what are your thoughts on the situation?
The Taliban have had an office here for about a year , the released prisoners cannot leave for 12 months due to a travel ban so they say and with the Yanks having the biggest base in the region here i think that might have something to do with it .

It's all very strange but Qatar's very strange .
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 6:45 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I think compared to all the tons and tons of Arab money poured into Afghanistan since the past 2 decades to support the Mujs / Taliban, its a fair deal if they got 5 of them in return
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

A few more? What's the difference ?
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 2:10 pm

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
A few more? What's the difference ?
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Do most non Pathan Pakistanis support the Afgan Taleban?
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Do most non Pathan Pakistanis support the Afgan Taleban?
That is an absolutely brilliant and insightful question mate. And where I cant speak for all of the non Pashtun pakis, I can safely tell you that almost all of the ones that I know are just fine with the afghani taliban. Matter of fact the recent assassinations of some of the paki Taliban leaders by the afghan Taliban was welcomed with open arms and sighs of relief by the majority of the population. By the by, I know for a fact that a lot of Pashtuns also do not like what the paki Taliban have turned into but are afraid of rocking the boat too much otherwise they will start attacking Peshawar again. Case in point : the lack of attacks on Peshawar in the past few months.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

That is an absolutely brilliant and insightful question mate. And where I cant speak for all of the non Pashtun pakis, I can safely tell you that almost all of the ones that I know are just fine with the afghani taliban. Matter of fact the recent assassinations of some of the paki Taliban leaders by the afghan Taliban was welcomed with open arms and sighs of relief by the majority of the population. By the by, I know for a fact that a lot of Pashtuns also do not like what the paki Taliban have turned into but are afraid of rocking the boat too much otherwise they will start attacking Peshawar again. Case in point : the lack of attacks on Peshawar in the past few months.
What you say is also the general gist I got from reading forums,news and OpEds ; that most Pakistanis and the establishment support the Afghan Taleban (Haqqani and his ilk) whereas most non Pathans seem to dispise the Pakistani Taleban (Mehsud , Fazlullah and their ilk).

I noticed some Pathans in online forums disliking the Pakistani Taleban but others are sympathetic because they see the TTP as beneficial to Pashtun Nationalism in their fight against Punjabis and Sindhis.

It is pretty obvious the Pakistani establishmet/Army/ISI etc.. support the Afghan Taleban.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer

It is pretty obvious the Pakistani establishmet/Army/ISI etc.. support the Afghan Taleban.
Why do you think youtube is blocked in Pakistan?
Because youtube refused to take down this documentary by the BBC :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXaWEstQZVg
Old Jun 4th 2014, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Why do you think youtube is blocked in Pakistan?
Because youtube refused to take down this documentary by the BBC :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXaWEstQZVg
I want to ask you a question but you don’t have to answer it if you don’t wish to. I know you hail from Pakistan but is it possible to know what religious/ethnic sect you belong to? I kind of have an idea but not sure if I am right about it, so your answer will help the cause of humanity because it will help me refine my prediction capability
Old Jun 4th 2014, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by redShark
I want to ask you a question but you don’t have to answer it if you don’t wish to. I know you hail from Pakistan but is it possible to know what religious/ethnic sect you belong to? I kind of have an idea but not sure if I am right about it, so your answer will help the cause of humanity because it will help me refine my prediction capability
I have a hunch that you think he is Shia or Ahmadiya.
Old Jun 4th 2014, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by redShark
so your answer will help the cause of humanity because it will help me refine my prediction capability
So refining your prediction capability will help the cause of humanity?
Somehow I hear a resounding nothankyouverymuch from the humanity's corner

I don't believe in sects or defining myself or anyone based on that although I AM guilty of being against the nutters who want everyone to follow their way of thinking. But I will tell you my sect as you put it, if you first tell me what sect do YOU think I am from?
Old Jun 4th 2014, 11:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I don't believe in sects or defining myself or anyone based on that although I AM guilty of being against the nutters who want everyone to follow their way of thinking. But I will tell you my sect as you put it, if you first tell me what sect do YOU think I am from?
I think you're a person and that's all that matters
Old Jun 4th 2014, 11:38 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Much more importantly I want to know if you really keep Irish bees?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.