British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   "Take Away Policy Statement"??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/take-away-policy-statement-712537/)

The Dean Apr 7th 2011 8:17 pm

"Take Away Policy Statement"???

Went for a meal at the Shahjahan this evening and, as usal, we ordered too much. On leaving, we asked for the leftovers to be boxed up so we could take it away with us.

"No problem, sir - just fill in and sign this form" :ohmy:

I was given a Take Away Policy Statement telling me:
-Please place this food in your refrigerator as soon as possible
-When re-heating food, it should be heated to piping hot temperature (82 deg C)
-Avoid....... etc, etc

The final bit says "I, ................., have read the food safety facts mentioned above and will not hold the hotel responsible for any food poisoning/food-borne illness resulting due to the deviation from the required food safety standards", which I had to sign.

Good grief................

hnd Apr 7th 2011 10:06 pm

Re: "Take Away Policy Statement"???

Let's face it, some people simply aren't as intelligent as you and will leave the leftovers unrefrigerated overnight and perhaps all through the next day before shoving the lot down their throats the next evening. And then wonder why they've become ill and try to sue the restaurant and/or the hospital/doctor(s) when they become ill.

Boomhauer Apr 8th 2011 3:20 am

Even here in the sue happy US I have never come across such a form!

lionheart Apr 8th 2011 3:48 am

At last, a sensibly prudent catering establishment. Don't you remember that place in Sharjah, which got shut down for over a year simply because a takeaway was not properly reheated by an Indian family?

paca Apr 8th 2011 10:42 am

what next

"I, ................., Will remember to breath when seated and will chew my food enough so I don't choke"

:)

seven seas Apr 8th 2011 2:14 pm

two kids died last year, so they are just covering their asses.

The Dean Apr 8th 2011 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 9293476)
two kids died last year, so they are just covering their asses.

Two kids died because they had uncovered asses??

MacScot Apr 8th 2011 5:37 pm

Two of my favourite Melbourne restaurants have now stopped leftover carry outs. Though, I've never seen a form to fill in.

CeeBee Apr 10th 2011 7:23 am

We used to get people signing these in my local pub back home when they wanted to take stuff away. That was about 10 years ago.

Bahtatboy Apr 10th 2011 7:30 am

I was given a Take Away Policy Statement telling me:
-Please place this item in your bed, on your chaise longe or up against the wall as soon as possible
-When warming up the item again, it should be brought to at least a low simmer
-Avoid consuming anything not obviously designed for human consumption.

The final bit says "I, ................., have read the safety facts mentioned above and will not hold the establishment responsible for any transmittable illness resulting due to irresponsible or deviant behaviour, or for any financial or matrimonial loss resulting from consummation.", which I had to sign.

Good, but with a chance of grief.