British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Tailors (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/tailors-795962/)

silversilver May 3rd 2013 9:24 pm

Tailors
 
Hi all, I'm sure that I've read a thread or post about tailors recently but couldn't find it when I looked. Soooo I'm looking to get a dress and a few pairs of trousers made. Can anybody recommend any good ladies tailors?
Thanks so much

Bob May 3rd 2013 11:14 pm

Re: Tailors
 
Think it's a couple pages back on the main ME page....though location might help.

silversilver May 4th 2013 6:06 am

Re: Tailors
 

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 10691075)
Think it's a couple pages back on the main ME page....though location might help.

Thanks Bob, found it but most recommendations were for gents tailors :-(

Millhouse May 4th 2013 6:22 am

Re: Tailors
 

Originally Posted by silversilver (Post 10691313)
Thanks Bob, found it but most recommendations were for gents tailors :-(

dreamgirls in satwa - by the mosque.

silversilver May 4th 2013 6:43 am

Re: Tailors
 
Thanks

Scamp May 4th 2013 7:30 am

Re: Tailors
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10691320)
dreamgirls in satwa - by the mosque.

Pricey.

Viva style lounge. Did a dress for my mrs and she looked stunning in it.

silversilver May 4th 2013 4:38 pm

Re: Tailors
 
Hi everybody, ended up going to 'dream girl' in bur dubai today. Have ordered two dresses and a pair of trousers so will let you know how I get on. Only thing which I will be careful of next time is material - wasn't 100% on material and lining that I got. If anybody has recommendations for good material shops please let me know for next time. Scamp thanks might try Viva Style Lounge next time.

Scamp May 4th 2013 4:45 pm

Re: Tailors
 

Originally Posted by silversilver (Post 10691859)
Hi everybody, ended up going to 'dream girl' in bur dubai today. Have ordered two dresses and a pair of trousers so will let you know how I get on. Only thing which I will be careful of next time is material - wasn't 100% on material and lining that I got. If anybody has recommendations for good material shops please let me know for next time. Scamp thanks might try Viva Style Lounge next time.

You just need to walk around Satwa, where the mosque is. We did that for the mrs and eventually found the perfect material. Got to go in lots of shops if you're picky like her!

Meow May 5th 2013 11:52 am

Re: Tailors
 

Originally Posted by silversilver (Post 10691859)
Hi everybody, ended up going to 'dream girl' in bur dubai today. Have ordered two dresses and a pair of trousers so will let you know how I get on. Only thing which I will be careful of next time is material - wasn't 100% on material and lining that I got. If anybody has recommendations for good material shops please let me know for next time. Scamp thanks might try Viva Style Lounge next time.

Deepaks on Plant Street has a huge selection of fabrics.

silversilver May 20th 2013 7:18 pm

Re: Tailors
 

Originally Posted by silversilver (Post 10691859)
Hi everybody, ended up going to 'dream girl' in bur dubai today. Have ordered two dresses and a pair of trousers so will let you know how I get on. Only thing which I will be careful of next time is material - wasn't 100% on material and lining that I got. If anybody has recommendations for good material shops please let me know for next time. Scamp thanks might try Viva Style Lounge next time.


Received dresses and trousers - was not very impressed at all. However it's another Dubai thing to do ticked off the list so no harm done!

Next time I'll try Viva Style Lounge - seems to be popular with quite a few folk.


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:42 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.