Super Sunday

Old Jan 13th 2013, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Super Sunday

United v Liverpool
Arsenal v City

Predictions?

I'm going with 3-2 United and 1-2 City

"Title race could be over by end of the day" - Says Robbie Savage...he might be right, can anyone see City overcoming a 10point deficit if they lose and Utd win today?

Big games.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Super Sunday

Originally Posted by Scamp
United v Liverpool
Arsenal v City

Predictions?

I'm going with 3-2 United and 1-2 City

"Title race could be over by end of the day" - Says Robbie Savage...he might be right, can anyone see City overcoming a 10point deficit if they lose and Utd win today?

Big games.
Utd 3-0 L'pool
Arse 3-0 MCFC
However, write City off at your peril.
They could still give Manure a battle.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 1:37 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Utd 3-0 L'pool
Arse 3-0 MCFC
However, write City off at your peril.
They could still give Manure a battle.
What planet do you live on? Liverpool's biggest problem is that its players can't be arsed with 36 games of the year. The only time they put in any real effort and show what they are capable of is when they play the scum from Salford.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 1:47 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
What planet do you live on? Liverpool's biggest problem is that its players can't be arsed with 36 games of the year. The only time they put in any real effort and show what they are capable of is when they play the scum from Salford.
So why have they given them a 45min headstart?
Old Jan 13th 2013, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

3-1
4-2

( yes I am just randomly saying numbers )
Old Jan 13th 2013, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Watched United/Liv in the Clubhouse at Zayed Sports City,Abu Dhabi.

Popped out at half time to watch Drogba, Kalou, Toure(s), Tiote and the rest of the Ivory Coast team training on one of the ZSC pitches. Very bright orange kit!!
Old Jan 13th 2013, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was awful.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 5:21 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Theseus
Well that was awful.
No it wasn't, City won, unfortunately manure won. That wasn't good, wanted a draw there.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Fascinating comments from ex-ref Dermot Gallagher in the post-match chat after Arsenal-v-Man-City.

Challenged by Curbishley about whether refs inform managers/players when they are given new directives on what to crack down on, he wandered off into a long monologue about the relationship between officials, managers and players; he gave some insights into the pre-match and even half-time environment; in particular, he revealed that this season's pet hate for refs is holding (hence the first sending off by Mike Dean, who Gallagher thinks is the best ref in England).

I like Dean (no relation ) too but he got the Kompany decision badly wrong in my view - a genuine challenge, one foot first, for the ball has surely got to be permitted, especially as he clearly actually played the ball. Gallagher sat on the fence a bit, but pointed out that VK had both feet off the ground even though it wasn't a two-footed challenge.

Interesting stuff.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 4:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I enjoyed listening to old Dermot too. Although, despite his experience it is just still another bloke having his say (with some extra insight as you mention).

VK was unlucky, second leg was tucked up but his whole body was off the deck, he won the ball cleanly and I don't remember massive protests from the Arsenal players...still, if Mr Dean thinks that it's dangerous then he has to send him.

Wilshere has to be one of the most overrated young English players since Jenas. Stroppy, petulant little bellend.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed listening to old Dermot too. Although, despite his experience it is just still another bloke having his say (with some extra insight as you mention).

VK was unlucky, second leg was tucked up but his whole body was off the deck, he won the ball cleanly and I don't remember massive protests from the Arsenal players...still, if Mr Dean thinks that it's dangerous then he has to send him.

Wilshere has to be one of the most overrated young English players since Jenas. Stroppy, petulant little bellend.
Wilshere? Yes - and did you notice as he lay on the ground, he still had the 'presence of mind' to mimic the waving of a card............?
Old Jan 14th 2013, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

......... and something that pisses me off (that fans at every stadium do) - they cheer when a visiting opponent is shown a card. What exactly is the point of that?
Old Jan 14th 2013, 4:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Dean
Wilshere? Yes - and did you notice as he lay on the ground, he still had the 'presence of mind' to mimic the waving of a card............?
Yeah, I also noticed when Milner was chasing after the ball that Wilshere tried to drop his shoulder and block Milner running after Gibbs (I think). Tragic. I'd like to have seen Vermaelan sent off for a second yellow when he was hurling abuse. The one thing about refs I'd change is getting the yellow out quicker when players are screaming and shouting at them. All it needs is to be made clear with the captains in the tunnel and then on the field with a quick sharp warning of "back off and calm down or I'll book you".

Originally Posted by The Dean
......... and something that pisses me off (that fans at every stadium do) - they cheer when a visiting opponent is shown a card. What exactly is the point of that?
Yeah, the 'ironic' cheers from Arsenal fans when they got free-kicks made me laugh too. Mike Dean had a reasonable game I think.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Waaaay too much use of the yellow card in that game - the first red was deserved the second one maybe not, however, from where the ref was it looked like a two footed tackle.

Lots of silly tackling, Arsenal were awful. Didn't see too much diving, though the players signalling for a yellow card to the ref really annoys me.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 6:15 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Wilshere has to be one of the most overrated young English players since Jenas.
As opposed to all those under-rated young English players I suppose???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.