British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Sunderland (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/sunderland-740158/)

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 27th 2011 4:41 am

Sunderland

Gents,

What's going on with Sunderland? Saw the stinker of a second goal last night and then banners saying BRUCE OUT...

Thought you lot had a quality little side?

Bruce that bad?

co durham boy Nov 27th 2011 6:24 am

Re: Sunderland

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9755772)
Gents,

What's going on with Sunderland? Saw the stinker of a second goal last night and then banners saying BRUCE OUT...

Bruce that bad?

Bruce is out of his depth , time for change .

Spugsy Nov 27th 2011 11:01 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9755844)
Bruce is out of his depth , time for change .

Who though? Who will you get? In all honesty, who would want to manage you lot?

Spugsy Nov 27th 2011 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9755772)
Gents,

Bruce that bad?

I'm sorry did you say 'oh the Toon are still doing pretty damn well aren't they?'

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 27th 2011 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9756123)
I'm sorry did you say 'oh the Toon are still doing pretty damn well aren't they?'

It was for once a genuine question - Sunderland have been alright (alreeet) in recent seasons but are having a stinker so far.....and we're a few games in now. Who would replace Bruce? Usual list would be banded around.

So, that being said, Newcastle stole a point last night, penalty decision was appalling but hey, Man Utd deserve shit like that in my mind. Newcastle are doing bloody well though, few injuries could ruin that run you think?

flares Nov 27th 2011 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9756285)
penalty decision was appalling

can't be worse than that one at st mary's last week. nearer the byeline than the box

Sandboy Nov 27th 2011 3:40 pm

been shit for the whole of 2011 - he has to go and I think he will tomorrow

Kix Nov 27th 2011 4:03 pm

I think Bruce is doing a terrific job and should be kept at the stadium of shoite for as long as possible.

But being a Toon Fan....

the_red_sheep Nov 27th 2011 4:09 pm

Genuine question, but what would Sunderland fans consider as been underachieving/achieving/overachieving?

As an outsider looking in, I'd have thought staying up would be a reasonable achievement, top 10 finish would be good and euro-qualification would get Bruce the key to the city??

Sandboy Nov 27th 2011 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by abz_to_dbx (Post 9756394)
Genuine question, but what would Sunderland fans consider as been underachieving/achieving/overachieving?

As an outsider looking in, I'd have thought staying up would be a reasonable achievement, top 10 finish would be good and euro-qualification would get Bruce the key to the city??

beating fulham or wigan at home would be a start

bookies have suspended betting on the next manager to be sacked btw

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 28th 2011 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 9756427)
beating fulham or wigan at home would be a start

bookies have suspended betting on the next manager to be sacked btw

who would you fancy as next manager.......and......who do you think you will actually get?

co durham boy Nov 28th 2011 3:22 am

Press conference this morning at the club 11.00am . Rumour is that Bruce has got the bulllet but they gave it 24 hrs grace because of the death of Gary Speed.

Could still be a rumour though

co durham boy Nov 28th 2011 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9757166)
who would you fancy as next manager.......and......who do you think you will actually get?

Martin O'Neil is odds on favorite , to me we just need a change , all managers are much the same , Bruce , Mcleish , Hughes , Moyes and so on .

Footballs fu**ed

co durham boy Nov 28th 2011 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9756121)
Who though? Who will you get? In all honesty, who would want to manage you lot?

Same question that i asked of you lot last year and you ended up with Pardew and he's done a great job , so the process and theory don't add up . No one give Pardew 6 months and look what has happened.

You just never know . Bruce is stale and formulated and has just hit the wall.
To be honest the club has a lot to answer for as well because you just cannot let your best strikers leave and not replace them , not in the premier league that's for sure.

When your seasons fu**ed before you've got the Christmas decorations up you know it's time for change !

Keep The Faith !

Sandboy Nov 28th 2011 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9757166)

to be honest I don't care, what's the point of fannying about with the also rans in the premier league where survival is seen as success. We're only there to see what goal difference the big boys accrue against us

if I was at home I'd be watching non league